North Rim

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• suggestions for Sedona/Phoemix area for limited walking

Sedona May 10, 2016 at 8:46 PM

I have never been west of Tennessee so everything in the Western United states will be new to me. Can someone provide some suggestions for places in the Phoenix/Sedona area to visit? We are definitely more into the nature related areas more so than the shopping meccas. Flying pretty much limits how much shopping could be done anyway. The Grand Canyon is a given of course but we like the quaint little towns, old west locations, etc.
      Is it better to take the trains in some locations than driving.
      A tremendous amount of walking and hiking is out but medium distance walking is ok.
      I know this is not much to go on but I am so overwhelmed at the choices.
      Thanks in advance!
      Lisa

more
    • valman65's Profile Photo

2 days in Grand Canyon+Sedona

Grand Canyon National Park May 20, 2016 at 2:25 AM

Hi to everybody, this is my first post here (I am sorry for my basic english and I thank you all in advance for any suggestions).

We're going to plan a big trip in the USA: NYC-> SFO -> Central Coast Cal -> New Orleans -> NYC --> Rome

We are trying to include in our US tour the Grand Canyon, before flying out from Phoenix to New Orleans. We think we'll spend 2 nights in the area, this could be a (very approximate) program:

sat 9th july (morning): Flight from Los Angeles/Burbank to Grand Canyon (Phoenix/Flagstaff)

sat 9th july (afternoon): drive car from Phoenix/Flagstaff airport to GCNP

sat 9th july (evening): short visit by car and then going to sleep in Tusayan

sun 10th july (early morning): visit GCNP

sun 10th july (afternoon): drive south to Sedona

sun 10th july (evening): sleeping in Sedona

mon 11th july (morning): visit Sedona area

mon 11th july (afternoon): drive to Phoenix Airport

mon 11th july (evening): fly to New Orleans

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (where to sleep, train/bus alternative to flight, dining, must to see, etc..)

Thank you all

more
    • Picnicing at the North Rim

by goldengopher0075 Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM

We are planning a trip for August 2012 and we are staying at the Grand Canyon Lodge. We'd rather bring and eat our own food. Can anyone tell us if there are places to grill at the North Rim? If so, where are they? Thanks for the help.

6 Answers Dec 27, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    • Special trip

by Russandrews Online Now Sep 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM

How long before our visit should we make meal reservations in the lodge dining room? Thanx

3 Answers Oct 3, 2011 at 7:58 AM