Travel Answers
North Carolina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cn you recommend great places near Bohemian hotel for breakfast and lunch?

Asheville Jul 4, 2016 at 8:20 AM

how far are u from the Bohemian hotel? can you recommend great places near Bohemian hotel for breakfast and lunch?
      thank you Marv Alpert

2 Answers Jul 14, 2016 at 3:18 AM
    • Travel assistance

Bryson City Jun 14, 2016 at 5:32 PM

Please can some one help, we are travelling from lovely Asheville to Kill Devils Hill NC, it is a very long journey and wish to have a stay over one night to break it up

Where is the best place to do this. Can any one help

Thank you in advance

3 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    • What to do next?????

Carolina Jun 4, 2016 at 11:17 AM

Been on vaca for 3 weeks now, just ambling along the southeast. Did the Blue ridge, Gettysburg and I'm now sitting around Ashville, NC, I could use some help and direction on what to visit next

13 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 5:49 AM
    • Shall I stay in Beaufort

Beaufort May 11, 2016 at 1:59 AM

We are travelling in North Carolina in June, first time there, we are going from Asheville to the Outer banks and making our way down to Savannah, we are giving ourselves 5 days to do this I keep seeing the name Beaufort, is it worth diverting and staying in Beaufort, if so for how long, where is else would be on the way down as a must place to visit.

Thank you or your attention.

12 Answers May 15, 2016 at 10:42 AM
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Location Question

Raleigh Mar 10, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Flying in for 1 night then "driving" toward Clayton area. What would be a nice area for 2 sisters to stay in overnight in Raleigh? Will be arriving late….

Thanks a bunch!!

1 Answer Mar 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM
    • Recommended stop between Outter Banks and Savannah

Savannah Feb 26, 2016 at 10:26 PM

WE are driving from the Outter Banks to Savannah, and would like to overnight in one city in between. A recommendation on which city?

3 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM
    • Where to stay for young seniors?

Charlotte Jan 21, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Thinking of a few days in Charlotte in mid May for my 70th birthday coming from the cold NorthEast. Is the Historic District strongly recommended or are there other areas. Flying in and could rent a car, if advised. We are healthy and youngish and love local charm as opposed to big city lunacy but have never been to Charlotte.

Thanks

• North and south Carolina

North Carolina Jan 12, 2016 at 9:08 AM

Hi we want to visit both North and South Carolina

we will be heading down towards Miami.

I want to include Wilmington, Myrtle Beach
      how many days are needed and what other places are good to stop at

3 Answers Jan 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM
    • A Month in Asheville in the Summer

Asheville Jan 3, 2016 at 11:34 AM

Is there a source for Monthly Rentals in the Asheville Area and are there any specific recommendations. It is for four adults.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 3:24 PM
    • Boone to Southport

North Carolina Sep 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM

My mother is 85 & visually impared & needs round trip transportation from Boone, NC to Southport, NC with the fewest stops. can anyone point me in the right direction to find low cost services for seniors?

2 Answers Sep 13, 2015 at 10:56 AM
    • sararosa's Profile Photo

Wilmington- Carolina beach

Carolina Beach Sep 8, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Does anyone know of a good fair priced fresh seafood restaurant for grilled fish at Carolina Beach?
      Also a good Italian bakery anywhere in the Wilmington/ Carolina Beach area ?

• lakeside44's Profile Photo

Cherohala Skyway

North Carolina Sep 8, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Hi there,

What is the most recommended week(s) in the autumn to drive along the Cherohala Skyway (particularly for the foliage)? I've read last week of October? Also, can most any rental car with automatic drive be driven on the Skyway?

Best, Joe

4 Answers Sep 9, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    • Kardrew's Profile Photo

Southern part of Blue Ridge mountain trail

North Carolina Jul 25, 2015 at 6:15 AM

We are from UK. Last year we drove the northern part of the Blue Ridge mountain trail getting to the North Carolina border. We have 8 days mid October and would like to complete the trail as well as see some more of this beautiful region. The challenge is that one of us is coming from Washington and one from New York and we both need to return to New York to fly home. We seem to be able to get reasonable direct flights to Atlanta and wondered if we can do a circular trip from there including the Blue Ridge trail in one direction. Is this doable in 8 days allowing us time to enjoy scenery and at least one 2 night stopover. We don't want to drive interstate and love little quirky towns and accommodation. Is there a better located airport we should try for? Any ideas of routes we could take? Great Smokey mountains? Your recommendations much appreciated.

1 Answer Jul 25, 2015 at 1:21 PM
    • What to do & see

Charlotte Jun 19, 2015 at 5:43 AM

My wife & I shall be in Charlotte for two days in August as our son will be starting at UNC so just wondered what there is to see & do for 'tourists'?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2015 at 6:03 AM
    • Looking for buddies

North Carolina Mar 25, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Is anyone willing to take a roadtrip across the USA (from North Carolina to Los Angeles) from May til June?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM
    • Greenville, NC restaruants

Greenville Mar 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Names of five (5) restaurants in Greenville, NC that can, and will, accommodate parties of 20 or more comfortably in a private area and have a variety of foods to offer at moderate prices.

• FURNITURE SHOPPING IN THE HICKORY AREA

Hickory Feb 14, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Going to be in the area for 2 days and need to narrow down where to buy a new leather sectional and a few lamp tables. I am looking for a bargain, but top of the line. Any help from anyone gratefully appreciated! Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    • dobrovod's Profile Photo

Cross Country Skiing, Family Friendly Activities

Banner Elk Dec 17, 2014 at 6:29 PM

My family and I are planning to be in the Banner Elk, Boone or Asheville area for New Year's Eve and Day. Are there good cross country skiing trails in these areas, sledding or tubing? What other activities should we consider as a family?

Thank you.

• Southport, NC...Sunrise location

Southport Nov 6, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Are there any locations in Southport where there is a clear view of the sunrise? I really like the area when I came to visit before and wanting to visit this weekend to watch the sunrise...is my main goal!

• Dek39's Profile Photo

Best places to stay in Charlotte

Charlotte Oct 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM

We are looking to spend two nights in Charlotte as part of our trip around the Carolina's & Georgia. Where are the best places to stay in the city? We are looking for somewhere in walking distance of restaurants & bars.
      We will be visiting 23rd - 25th May next year.

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM
    • Best LOCAL food restaurant

Wilmington Oct 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM

where can I find a restaurnat that serves the best LOCAL food ?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM
    • canoeing on New River

Boone Oct 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM

is there a place that you can rent a canoe without having to drive it to the New River? If so where do I do that and what are the prices?

• Dek39's Profile Photo

Places to visit in NC

North Carolina Oct 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM

HI,

We are hoping to visit the Georgia & Carolina's next May. We are hoping to fly into Atlanta and stay for two nights, then we plan to drive to Savannah for 4 nights, after which we plan to stay on the coast around Charleston (SC).

After this We are planning to spend around 6 -7 days in NC. I was thinking about driving up the coast into NC from Charleston and staying on the NC coast for two day. After this we plan to travel across NC to the Great Smoky Mountains stopping off somewhere in between. Does anyone have any tips where to stay for 2 nights on the NC coast, 1 night between the coast and the smoky mountains, and finally somewhere close or in the Great Smoky Mountain where we plan to stay for 3 nights.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

10 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 9:04 AM
    • Does anyone know any good ghost stories in the Smokies?

Great Smoky Mountains National Park Oct 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Are there any good ghost tales surrounding the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee? I love picking up stories to tell around the camp fire.

1 Answer Oct 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    • fox_dog's Profile Photo

Any dog-firendly motels?

Charlotte Sep 27, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Preferably near S intersection of I485 & I77

2 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • Boating / Fishing

Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Sep 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Is the refuge suitable for fishing from a small (16') boat with a 50 hp outboard. I want to avoid very shallow water. I'd appreciate any tips on inland boating and fishing opportunities. Vacationing in Corolla in October.
      Thank You
      Fred

2 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 2:41 AM
    • The Transporter

Wilmington Jul 31, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Has anyone had any doings with this car service? We are in MB, SC area and want to use them to take us to the ILM airport. Thanks.

• Bus transportation

Asheville Jul 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I can't find bus service from Asheville to Knoxville TN. Is there any offering this?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • MartinK35's Profile Photo

Ground transporttion from the International Airport.

Charlotte Jul 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I'm from the United kingdom so please excuse my ignorance but is there any public ground transportation from the Airport to get me to, or near to Radford Virginia. I understand it's about 3 hours by car but I won't have a car.

9 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • does it snow in jan

Boone Jul 22, 2014 at 7:41 AM

someone please help me i have never seen it

3 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM