VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Normandy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best accommodations in Normandy?

by jessicataylor2 Online Now May 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I am just planning my next vacation to Normandy, can anyone suggest me any good places for accommodation? At the moment I have got only this: http://www.domainedelatour.eu/

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    • Renting a car

by shill46 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to make our Normandy transportation smooth without too much luggage lugging! We are arriving by ferry at Cherbourg in the early afternoon and want to rent a car there that we will use for 4 days in Normandy. We're staying at a b&b near Bayeux, but will explore the countryside during the days, eventually going to Paris by train. Our b&b host says we can return our rental car to and take the train from Bayeux, but I can't easily figure out if it's possible to rent the car in Cherbourg and return it to Bayeux, and the only place I see to return a car in Bayeux is the Total gas station (problemmatic return?), which I doubt is near the train station. I'm guessing it's easier to drive to Caen and return the car and take the train there. Does anyone have information about these things?

6 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    • noshipsherlock's Profile Photo

car rental and billets

by noshipsherlock Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM

What rental car companies are available at the Bayeux rail station or near it? Which ones are available at Caen rail station if Bayeux doesn't work?
      Which companies are your recommendation costwise?

And what are your recommendations for non hostel B&B type place to stay for two nites in that area reachable with that thusfar elusive rental car?
      Thanks folks !!
      Raf

2 Answers Oct 5, 2009 at 9:24 PM
    • jefwen's Profile Photo

Normandy in October

by jefwen Online Now Feb 2, 2009 at 12:50 AM

We are planning a trip to France in October and will be in Connelles Normandy for the first week. We will have our own car so can anyone suggest an itinerary or a list of things to do or see while there? What type of weather should we expect at that time of year and what type of clothing is suggested?
      Thanks in anticipation

4 Answers Jun 13, 2009 at 3:28 AM
    • alcammy's Profile Photo

65th Anniversary trip

by alcammy Online Now Dec 29, 2008 at 11:19 AM

My brother and I are heading to France(Normandy)and the area the 1st of June,and would like some tips on places to stay,car rentals and such.We will be staying for approximately 10 days,landing in England and going from there. Any ideas?
      Cheers!

9 Answers Mar 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    • Craigellachie's Profile Photo

Why?

by Craigellachie Online Now Aug 8, 2007 at 10:27 AM

There is probably a better place to put this question but why is the Normandy forum listed under UK? Normandy is in France....

37 Answers Aug 11, 2007 at 1:22 AM
    • Need Help Please

by Lyndavnta Online Now Aug 6, 2007 at 12:01 PM

My husband is driving over to France on Saturday and does not want to go over the Pont Du Normandie. I there a route he can use that does not take him over that bridge.

2 Answers Aug 6, 2007 at 10:46 PM
    • Getting around in Lisieux, France

by ACHOI Online Now Sep 10, 2005 at 11:45 AM

Can someone tell me if it is easy to walk around Lisieux ?

If we get off from the train station, how can we get to places like the Sancturary of St.Therese, etc. ?

Can someone share with us the experience of being on a pilgrimage trip in Lisieux ? Thanks

1 Answer Sep 11, 2005 at 5:07 PM
    • Overnight accommodation in or near ferry at Caen

by 1sian Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 5:24 AM

We've realised that our ferry from the UK arrives after the train to Saint Malo departs! We've decided to stay near Caen but now need -as cheap as possible!-overnight accommodation! Added to the fun of trying to organise ourselves is that we are foot passengers - trying to be car-free for a week! Can anyone recommend anywhere? Many thanks!

• Mont St. Michel and Giverny on the same day?

by goofynewfymom Online Now Jun 6, 2004 at 6:51 AM

We arrive off a cruise ship in Le Havre on a Sunday (July 18) and have decided to try and see Mont St. Michel and Giverny in the same day if it's possible, in lieu of making the 2 1/12 hour drive into Paris. How far is one of those places from Le Havre, how would I get there (traveling with my teenage daughter and Mom as well!) and what would be the best way to visit both? I have also heard wonderful things about Honfleur and wish we would have time to visit there too...can I? We will be in port from 7:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. And will there be shops open on a Sunday in Honfleur? Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thank you, Stephanie

1 Answer Jun 11, 2004 at 5:11 AM