change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more
    • should i rent a car in tromso?

Tromsø Dec 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM

i am going to travel in december with my girl friend, which mean only two of us. So, should i rent a car or taking buses? if i rented a car, i can stay more far away from city centre of tromso, but would it be expensive for two person to rent a car?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day Trip to Jostedalsbreen Glacier

Sogn og Fjordane Dec 2, 2016 at 12:17 PM

I am keen to go to Jostedalsbreen Glacier, or another glacier if there is a better option in the same region of Norway.

On Jostedalsbreen Glacier it seems there are a few choices of places to go to, such as Briksdalsbreen and Nigardsbreen, and there are also different options such as just look or do a guided walk.

I found a bus which goes from Stryn, Loen and Olden to the Briksdalsbreen Glacier, so I can do a day trip this way.

visitnorway.com/listings/gla...

This means I can get to the bottom of a glacier, and I have 2 1/2 hours to walk around, and it is a very reasonable price.

But what are my other options?

Are there any other accessible glaciers in the region which I should consider?
      How much would a guided walk cost, where would I have to go to do the walk, and who offers these walks?

I won't have a car, so I am limited by where buses or tours go to.

Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

more

Popular Nord-Trøndelag Travel Answer Locations

• C.Choy's Profile Photo

What is the cheaper way to go to Copenhagen, Denmark fro, Andsnes.

Andsnes Feb 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Hi All, I just doing my planning our journey, we will stay in Andsnes for few days and after that we will travel to Denmark to continue our journey, but after all the searching of the transportation from Andsnes, I just can find flight between the two city. Can you suggest me the cheaper way to go? or andy overnight or train to go?
      Miliion Thanks!

C

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Oslo-Namsos

Namsos Jun 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Hello. What is the best way to get from Oslo to Namsos?
      Ufortunately there are not any information about this city on Virtual Tourist.

5 Answers Aug 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    • Trondheim32's Profile Photo

Sports

Nord-Trøndelag Oct 11, 2006 at 1:23 AM

Hi! I have been in Trondheim for almost a month now, but, I never saw any outdoor Basketball court. Is there any?

Thank you...

1 Answer Oct 12, 2006 at 2:11 AM
    • Hamar transportation help

Hamar Jun 20, 2005 at 9:24 AM

Help!

We are planning to pass through Hamar, arrive 2110 and then catch a flight from Oslo at 07:15 to meet cousins in Stavanger.

We booked hotel in Hamar because my grandmother was born there (then moved to Oslo). We just wanted to drive around, then leave early in the morning.

I misread the bus schedule and now see that it stops in Hamar only to allow disembarkation.

Does anyone have idea of how to best see the town (taxi?, anyone know a local guide?) and how to get to airport on a Sunday morning? Should we go back to Mjosbrua Vest for the bus or is there any shuttle service all the way to the airport.

We are 3 so splitting the cost will help.

Thank you,

Susan
      aka stenben

3 Answers Jun 24, 2005 at 8:04 AM
    • meisfjord's Profile Photo

Driving the Norwegian Coast

Mo Dec 21, 2003 at 9:08 PM

We're planning a trip to Norway in July. We have 19 days and will probably want to spend several in Oslo. Our main goal is a small town near Mo I Rana called Meisfjord. We're thinking about renting a camper in Bergen and driving up the coast. It looks like the E39 to Trondheim would be cool. Lots of ferries, probably. Then the 17 to Mo I Rana. It looks like we could take the E6 on the way back and cut over to the E16. We're thinking the return trip could be done in two or three days if the outgoing trip took too long, though it would be nice to not feel hurried. But looking at maps and actually driving are very different. Does anyone have any opinions on the practicality of our itinerary? Mike

4 Answers Jan 6, 2004 at 4:09 AM