Nicosia Travel Answers

change location

flying out of ercan

by kinsley12 Online Now Oct 29, 2006 at 2:00 AM

i live in south cyprus, in nicosia, but i want to take a holiday to turkey. it is cheaper to fly out of and then back into north cyprus, but im not sure of the regulations. is this allowed? will they stamp my passport when i come back? (im a citizen of the USA, not Cyprus).

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • george5b's Profile Photo

    RE: flying out of ercan

    by george5b Online Now Oct 30, 2006 at 7:02 AM


    1) When you go to Kermia/Metehan, fill out the usual white slip.
    2) When you fly out of Ercan, they will then stamp the slip instead of the passport.
    3) Take an extra blank visa slip with you on your trip and turn that over to the border guard when coming back to Ercan. That way there shouldn't be a problem with a NC-stamp in your passport.

    As for the legality (Republic's view) of this trip : No, unfortunately it's not legal, if you aren't an EU-citizen. But as you are American they aren't likely to fine you either.



    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines