will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Niagara Falls Travel Answers

change location

Requirements to go to Canada

by bmwestfam Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 7:20 AM

Hi, we are planning a family trip to the falls at the end of the summer. I have been to toronto several times when I was little but never to falls on the canadian side. Last time I went in 1993 to canada we just needed driver's licenses to get across. Is the restrictions changed in light of recent events? I would hate to drive all of the way up there and find out we needed passports or something. Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Requirements to go to Canada

    by Todd_Ca_Ve Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 7:48 AM

    Arriving from the US, just still need to have photo ID (driver's license) and a proof of citizenship (birth certificate). If you are US citizen but arriving via another country, you will need to show a passport.

    Enjoy the Falls!

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines