VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Ngapali

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo

Any VTers in Mandalay on 29/12 or 30/12?

Mandalay Dec 28, 2016 at 6:23 AM

If there's any VTers who are in Mandalay on the 29/12 or 30/12 (2016 that is) and want to share a taxi to U Bein bridge for sunrise and then morning in Sagaing, email me at kiorewai@gmail.com. Taxi charter is 40000kyat from 0500 to approx 1300, so would be great to split it.

more
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Weather-clothes

Inle Lake Dec 26, 2016 at 9:05 AM

I keep reading how cold it is while going with boat on Inle lake. Is it THAT cold? Is a rainproof light jacket enough?

more
    • mickybleck's Profile Photo

February 2017: Solo or with a tour group?

Myanmar (Burma) Jan 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM

Hello Everybody and Happy New Year,

I just got the opportunity to take about 3.5 weeks of vacation starting from mid-Feb. 2017 and I am thinking about goint to Myanmar - without having had much time to research. I am an experienced solo traveler and would prefer to buy a plane ticket and pre-book accomodation for the first night only and decide the rest while I am on my way, but do not now if that is feasible during that time of the year.
      Since the choice wether to go on a tour or not needs to be made in the next days (I have only ca. 5 weeks before departure left) I would highly appreciate your quick feedback on the following questions to help me decide:
      During this period
      a) should accomodation be pre-booked?
      b) can small tours be booked at the respective city on short notice (book today, start tour the next) or should they be pre-booked?
      c) can bus-tickets be purchased at the day of departure? And the ferry Bagan-Mandalay?
      d) Should national plane-tickets (from North to Yangon) be booked beforehand?
      And will solo-travel still be worthwile with next to nil Burmese language skills (usually I learn bits and pieces of local language before)?
      What would you recommend?

more

Near Ngapali