Newhall

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Recommended destinations in Death Valley

Death Valley National Park Sep 24, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Flying to LA from UK mid December. I'm then hiring car and driving to Death Valley, probably staying at hotel in Furnace Creek which I recall from last trip 25 years ago. Two nights stay before driving on. So I'd appreciate recommendations on any 'must see' places in/around Death Valey please. Also possible solo hiking, say 5-8 miles? Oh, and what weather can I expect?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

more
    • Great Star Theater

San Francisco Sep 24, 2016 at 10:54 AM

How safe is The Great Star Theater in Chinatown at night? (6-10pm)

more
    • San Jose to San Francisco: making the most of the Bay Area

San Francisco Sep 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM

We're going to be spending some time in the Bay Area at the end of Sept. We'll be in San Jose for 3 days. I want to attend a concert at Mountain Winery and go to the Tech Museum. We will go to San Francisco and fly home from there. Any recommendations for getting to Mountain Winery? Also hotels and good ethnic restaurants.

more
    • What to do in Saratoga and San Francisco in October?

San Francisco Sep 5, 2016 at 8:22 PM

I'm attending a conference in Saratoga in October that will last 3-4 days. I would like recommendations for hotels and things to do in the afternoon and evenings. I'm interested in wine tastings and would like to go to the tech museum. I will not have a car. Once the conference is over, I will take the train to San Francisco. I know there is a lot to see in the city, so would love some ideas about where to stay and how to make the best use of my time.

more
    • what is mexican colony?

Mexican Colony Sep 3, 2016 at 4:40 PM

what is mexican colony?

more
    • Visiting California for the first time for a football game

San Francisco Yesterday

I'm visiting CA for the first time for a football game in November. I will be in Santa Clara at Levi's Stadium. I'm going to extend my stay and do some traveling to other parts of Northern CA. I'm thinking of either going to San Francisco and driving to Sonoma or Napa Valleys. I also have thought of driving along the coast to Monterey and Big Sur. I'm wondering if it makes sense to stay for any length of time in Silicon Valley. Are there things to do there that merit my spending more time?

more
    • Silicon Valley in October; hotels and restaurants

California Sep 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM

We're going to be in Silicon Valley for a wedding in October. We want to stay in either Saratoga or Los Gatos. We'd like recommendations for hotels and restaurants. We plan to stay on for a few days, and will probably take the train to San Francisco, though we may rent a car.

more
    • Natymg's Profile Photo

Whats the best beach to spend the night between San Diego and Ventura

California Sep 12, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Im planning a short car trip through the beaches between San Diego and Ventura and after go to L.A. But ive never been in this area, I dont know if it's possible to do that, i read about the highway 01 and I would like some tips about it. If one day it's enough to do this, or if there is some place that worth spending the night at... Or visiting some island nearby! i have no idea what to do ☺️

more
    • What the parks service don't say

Yosemite National Park Sep 5, 2016 at 1:00 PM

We're from the UK and have bought an RV for our road trip which will be in stages. We would like to be in Yosemite in late April or early May, could be mid May. RV is 31 feet long, tow car say 15 feet with the connection. Should we abandon one or the other outside the park? Is there a campground that will accept both? Easy to disconnect and back in provided it's permitted to park alongside This would be the best option for retirees going out by day in the car and having a base to return to.

Which camp ground/site number should we be hovering our mouse over when the dates are released? This is a very specific question but someone may know a goody or three.

The Camp sites outside the park seem a very long way, talk of a 45 minute drive in doesn't really feel like the full Yosemite experience. Advice welcome.

Rupert

more
    • Santa Catalina Island

California Aug 28, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Have anyone visited Santa Catalina Island? Ferry from LA?
      Good hotels to a reasonable price? Where to stay?
      Ok to spend a week on this Island - 4 adults and 3 teenagers.
      Happy for any information
      Best regards
      Turid/Norway

more
    • Which Airport

Dana Point Aug 31, 2016 at 3:56 PM

I will be vacationing in Dana Point California. Which airport is the most convenient for me to get connections from Dana Point to Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada.

more
    • Visiting Los Angeles this month

Los Angeles Sep 1, 2016 at 4:01 AM

Hello All, This is karthik from U.A.E. I am planning to visit Los Angeles (first visit to US) next week with my friend and we have booked car from rental website with coverage for a week, the following are included in the booking Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Third-Party Liability (TPL) Theft Protection (TP) Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) Homeland Security Charge Local Taxes Premium Location Surcharge Unlimited kilometres. Up to 3 Additional Drivers aged 25 or over included. would you please advise is there anything we need to check/ensure in place while renting car in LA. We are planning to visit las vegas,grand canyon beaches and other tourist attractions...Pls share some information about parking, toll fee etc...

more
    • California Roadtrip & Yellowstone NP, When & What Car?

California Aug 29, 2016 at 4:05 AM

I'm planning a Roadtrip to California. I would arrive at Los Angeles. I want to see LA (2days are enough, been here before) Las Vegas Yosemite San Francisco Drive from SF to LA via Highway No1 with 1-2 stopover nights.

And i want to see Yellowstone National Park by fly to Idaho/Jackson hole

My timeframe would be around 20days.

So when to go? I could go in Late April-Early June, or Septemper-October.

Spring: Tioga Pass maybe still closed, for Yosmite i would have to go via Bakersfield Yosmite would have beautiful waterfalls LV Area is not so hot Coastal Weather at HGW1 would be not so good ( i head) Yellowstone nice

Fall: Tioga Pass sure open No waterfalls, but maybe autumn colors? Coastal Weather is good (they write sep-oct is best for that) LV are not so hot Yellowstone nice

What would you suggest. I read that Yellowstone is both nice in Spring and Fall so that is not the critical point. In Spring i maybe will hit Memorial Day what would result in high cost and many people?

About the car, what would be best for this journey, is a 4x4 or so needed? I would go for a standard SUV thing, but maybe there's something better?

more
    • San Fran Nightlife

San Francisco Sep 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Hi, I'm from england - I'm of simple tastes a good nightlife scene (reasonably priced) & has a lot of pretty ladies - I'm 30. Is San Fran such a place for this? many thanks

more
    • Visiting Mexico from Las Vegas

California Aug 28, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Hello

Vi are traveling around the USA next summer. We will be visiting Las Vegas on Fourth of July, and after that we would like to spend one week on the beach somewhere. The question is where...We have been thinking of San Diego, or maybe crossing the border to Mexico. Is it easy to get in to Mexico and then back to the USA? Any recommendations for beach holiday will be appreciated. We are leaving from Los Angeles and will spend the last four days of our holiday there.
      Best regards
      Turid/Norway

more