VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Newcastle Travel Answers

change location
Sjalen's Profile Photo

Expat Swedes

by Sjalen Online Now Oct 29, 2003 at 1:18 PM

G'day all Newcastlers - I just wonder if anyone knows a Swedish family around Newcastle. I know of someone there who is a bit desperate to let her young children speak Swedish to other children and she hasn't found anyone around there on typical Swedish expat sites...

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • australia2's Profile Photo

Re: Expat Swedes

by australia2 Online Now Nov 1, 2003 at 2:46 AM

I have just tried Google and as usual there are quite a few sites re Newcastle and Swedish together. Most of them are involved with the Newcastle University. So that would be a very good place to start in person. There surely would be some Swedish speaking parent(s) on staff. In Google search ( www.google.com > ), enter "au newcastle swedish " and "Go" .- and stand back. It's called "Googling"! You can call up the Australian Google but I have installed their Search facility on my browser permantly and just direct to countries by prefix. Please let me know by e-mail how you go. Good luck. Laurie.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Expat Swedes

by Sjalen Online Now Nov 3, 2003 at 12:46 AM

Haha, yes I know what Googling is :-))) I just assumed she had already done that I suppose (it is a friend of a friend) but why should I assume that? I'll forward your helpful tip thanks :-)

• Re: Re: Expat Swedes

by Thaiholiday Online Now Nov 30, 2004 at 1:33 AM

A suggestion is to contact Newcastle University. You would find that there is a good chance that they may have academics or students from Sweeden at the faculty which may help you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines