New York State

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anything to do in Pt. Kent?

Port Kent Aug 3, 2016 at 6:01 AM

We're in Burlington, VT and thinking of taking the ferry to Pt. Kent without our car. Is there anything to do or see just walking around there that would be worth the trip? Thanks!

more
    • Nightlife in NYC

New York City Jul 28, 2016 at 8:35 AM

Hi all! I'm travelling to NYC in August. Since I'm not in town since two years I would like to get upadets on nightlife things to do, bars, discos, concerts...
      I'm travelling with freinds so your suggestions are highly appreciated!
      thank you and ciao
      gabriella

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Restaurant near 54th & 6th

New York City Aug 22, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Looking for a recommendation for a restaurant for dinner with clients on Wednesday. Looking for someplace a bit quiet and not packed/rushing with the theater crowd. They will be at the Hilton (54th & 6th) so something near by would be great. Prefer "neutral" food - American, Italian? Thanks!

more
    • aortser's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Manhattan for one month from 15 August 2016

New York City Aug 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Hi,

I need to stay for one month in Manhattan from 15 August 2016, preferably at walking distance from UN Plaza.

Do you know about any young workers residence or studios or one bed-room apartments for maximum USD 2,700 for one month stay all expenses included?

Cheers,

Antonio

more
    • fun and new to albany ny

Albany Jul 28, 2016 at 8:54 AM

what small things are there to do in albany new york besides bowling, dave and busters and movie theaters if you're ages 18-20?

more
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Eleven Iron men in New York

New York City Aug 14, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Hello
      Where is precisely the Eleven Iron Men Monument in Soho ?
      We have not be able to find it during our last stay in 2012 . Google is oriented "movie" and proposes Iron Man or Monument Men.

Thanks a lot

RAY

more
    • Broadway Show Recommendations

New York City Aug 15, 2016 at 9:05 PM

I will be travelling with my boyfriend to New York in January 2017 and we would like to see a Broadway show while we are there. The only recommendations I can find online are for shows which finish by the end of December. We saw Book of Mormon the last time we were in NY and loved it. Can anyone recommend any shows which will be running in January?

more
    • Newark to Bronx?

New York City Aug 23, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Hello, I'm traveling to NYC in a week and had a question. I've never been to NYC and just realized that I land in Newark Interantional airport Friday at 11am and need to get to my hotel in the Bronx. I had a couple questions. Is there a train that'll take me from Newark airport to the Bronx? I know I can take a taxi or uber but I'm trying to see the costs. Thanks guys.

more
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Zoo of BRONX

New York City Aug 20, 2016 at 5:21 AM

Hello

The website is not very precise about the way to reach the zoo.

We foresee to go to the zoo by line 2 (red). What is the station on this line which is the nearest from the main entrance or of an easy entrance ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

RAY

more
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Border policy at JFK

New York City Aug 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Hello

At our last stay in USA (Miami November 2015) we crossed quickly the police control because we scanned our passports on a devoted machine which delivered a photo of our documents with the note "authorized". The major part of the travelers had not the precious notice and had been obliged to queue.

I guess it was because we visited USA several times before..

Is this kind a routine also in force at JFK Airport for foreign visitors ?

Thanks for your answer

RAY

more
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Travel to NY with a child

New York City Aug 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Hello
      We plane to bring our oldest grand son (9) to NY in April 2017. I red we must have an assent letter (lettre de consentement as the Canadians say) written by the parents (our daughter and her husband).
      Does this letter compulsory ?
      Is it necessary to translate it into English ?
      What is the most suitable text ?

Thanks for your answer.

RAY

more
    • Solo Male traveller to US in September

New York City Aug 23, 2016 at 5:05 AM

Hi Guys,

I am travelling for a 10 days vacation to US by the end of this September. I will be travelling first time to the states and I have no idea where to go and which city to visit. I am willing to stay at a reasonable hotel as I wish to spend my maximum time outing & come to hotel only to sleep. My plan includes visiting famous monuments or places / watching movies / some museums / having good massages / enjoy some good night life without restrictions. I wont be using a car so I plan to walk maximum and use public transport when necessary.

I have been studying over google but I am confused between LA/LAS VEGAS/NYC/California.

Can members over here help me decide over above places or suggest some good city to visit as per my requirements, Basically I am Looking for a reasonable place where thing are cheap and not too pricey.

Also can you advise if I could get a visitor sim card with internet in the city or at the airport and what are the charges for it? Or should l I get a roaming service from my provider?

Thanks in advance

more
    • Newark to Bronx?

New York City Aug 23, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Hello, I'm traveling to NYC in a week and had a question. I've never been to NYC and just realized that I land in Newark Interantional airport Friday at 11am and need to get to my hotel in the Bronx. I had a couple questions. Is there a train that'll take me from Newark airport to the Bronx? I know I can take a taxi or uber but I'm trying to see the costs. Thanks guys.

8 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 5:51 PM
    • Solo Male traveller to US in September

New York City Aug 23, 2016 at 5:05 AM

Hi Guys,

I am travelling for a 10 days vacation to US by the end of this September. I will be travelling first time to the states and I have no idea where to go and which city to visit. I am willing to stay at a reasonable hotel as I wish to spend my maximum time outing & come to hotel only to sleep. My plan includes visiting famous monuments or places / watching movies / some museums / having good massages / enjoy some good night life without restrictions. I wont be using a car so I plan to walk maximum and use public transport when necessary.

I have been studying over google but I am confused between LA/LAS VEGAS/NYC/California.

Can members over here help me decide over above places or suggest some good city to visit as per my requirements, Basically I am Looking for a reasonable place where thing are cheap and not too pricey.

Also can you advise if I could get a visitor sim card with internet in the city or at the airport and what are the charges for it? Or should l I get a roaming service from my provider?

Thanks in advance

14 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 2:29 AM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Restaurant near 54th & 6th

New York City Aug 22, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Looking for a recommendation for a restaurant for dinner with clients on Wednesday. Looking for someplace a bit quiet and not packed/rushing with the theater crowd. They will be at the Hilton (54th & 6th) so something near by would be great. Prefer "neutral" food - American, Italian? Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 7:04 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Zoo of BRONX

New York City Aug 20, 2016 at 5:21 AM

Hello

The website is not very precise about the way to reach the zoo.

We foresee to go to the zoo by line 2 (red). What is the station on this line which is the nearest from the main entrance or of an easy entrance ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

RAY

9 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 7:46 AM
    • Broadway Show Recommendations

New York City Aug 15, 2016 at 9:05 PM

I will be travelling with my boyfriend to New York in January 2017 and we would like to see a Broadway show while we are there. The only recommendations I can find online are for shows which finish by the end of December. We saw Book of Mormon the last time we were in NY and loved it. Can anyone recommend any shows which will be running in January?

6 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Eleven Iron men in New York

New York City Aug 14, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Hello
      Where is precisely the Eleven Iron Men Monument in Soho ?
      We have not be able to find it during our last stay in 2012 . Google is oriented "movie" and proposes Iron Man or Monument Men.

Thanks a lot

RAY

5 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Border policy at JFK

New York City Aug 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Hello

At our last stay in USA (Miami November 2015) we crossed quickly the police control because we scanned our passports on a devoted machine which delivered a photo of our documents with the note "authorized". The major part of the travelers had not the precious notice and had been obliged to queue.

I guess it was because we visited USA several times before..

Is this kind a routine also in force at JFK Airport for foreign visitors ?

Thanks for your answer

RAY

9 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 11:24 PM
    • aortser's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Manhattan for one month from 15 August 2016

New York City Aug 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Hi,

I need to stay for one month in Manhattan from 15 August 2016, preferably at walking distance from UN Plaza.

Do you know about any young workers residence or studios or one bed-room apartments for maximum USD 2,700 for one month stay all expenses included?

Cheers,

Antonio

2 Answers Aug 14, 2016 at 11:43 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Travel to NY with a child

New York City Aug 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Hello
      We plane to bring our oldest grand son (9) to NY in April 2017. I red we must have an assent letter (lettre de consentement as the Canadians say) written by the parents (our daughter and her husband).
      Does this letter compulsory ?
      Is it necessary to translate it into English ?
      What is the most suitable text ?

Thanks for your answer.

RAY

10 Answers Aug 24, 2016 at 12:53 AM
    • Anything to do in Pt. Kent?

Port Kent Aug 3, 2016 at 6:01 AM

We're in Burlington, VT and thinking of taking the ferry to Pt. Kent without our car. Is there anything to do or see just walking around there that would be worth the trip? Thanks!

• fun and new to albany ny

Albany Jul 28, 2016 at 8:54 AM

what small things are there to do in albany new york besides bowling, dave and busters and movie theaters if you're ages 18-20?

3 Answers Jul 29, 2016 at 9:00 AM
    • Nightlife in NYC

New York City Jul 28, 2016 at 8:35 AM

Hi all! I'm travelling to NYC in August. Since I'm not in town since two years I would like to get upadets on nightlife things to do, bars, discos, concerts...
      I'm travelling with freinds so your suggestions are highly appreciated!
      thank you and ciao
      gabriella

1 Answer Jul 28, 2016 at 8:46 AM
    • Rooftop bar / restaurant under 21

New York City Jul 25, 2016 at 1:04 AM

Hi I am 20 and i am travelling to New York in October with my friend who is 27, I would absolutely love to visit a rooftop bar.. Or restaurant, particularly in the evening time, I am more than happy to have a non alcoholic drink or food, does anyone know of any I could visit during the day? And also if I would be able to visit any during the evening? Any information or names would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

4 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 11:53 AM
    • Question about beds

New York City Jul 24, 2016 at 6:05 AM

Hi I was looking to book a room at the novotel in new York next June. But came across two rooms
      One room is with two full beds and the other one I saw was a room two double beds. The room with the two double beds is priced about £300 dearer than the room with two full beds. What would be the difference between the two

7 Answers Jul 26, 2016 at 1:01 AM
    • Christmas lunch for ozies

New York City Jul 24, 2016 at 12:49 AM

Hi.
      My daughter grandson and I will be coming to New York in December. Staying near times square My grandson is only 6 and we are really keen for him not to miss the magic of Christmas. Lunch is a really big thing in our family and we are looking for a place that's warm traditional and friendly to eat Christmas lunch. Can any NewYorkers help us with this.
      Thanks heaps guys. Lv from Oz

8 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 1:17 AM
    • Jacob Wagschal from Monsey, NY - Travel Question

Monsey Jul 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Hello everyone I'm Jacob Wagschal from Monsey, NY and I needed advice on where to get good kosher food for takeout. I'm on the run a lot so fast kosher food that I can takeout is what I'm looking for.

3 Answers Jul 23, 2016 at 3:40 AM
    • First time visit to New York - hotel accommodation

New York City Jul 12, 2016 at 4:56 AM

Hi. My hubby and I are travelling to New York for the first time in October and are planning on staying for 4 nights, 5 days, during the week. We are looking for hotel accommodation which is central, affordable, clean/modern has free wifi and maybe a breakfast included in their stay package (like an executive 3 star, if that's possible, hahahaha) - we don't want to pay extortionate amounts on accommodation (as the cash will be used for shopping instead!) but yet would like comfortable, clean accommodation where we can get a little peace and quiet during our down time - I'm not asking for much, am I? any suggestions or personal recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 Answers Jul 16, 2016 at 3:01 PM
    • Woonelly's Profile Photo

fire island for the day

Fire Island Jul 9, 2016 at 9:59 AM

7 woman going to fire island wanting to do beach and paddle boarding. What's the best beach to to ? Where can we rent bikes? which part of island should we go to?

• Roosevelt Island, Brooklyn Bridge and Pod Hotel Questions

New York City Jul 7, 2016 at 4:47 PM

I'd like to go to Roosevelt Island mostly because of the tram but partly because of the lighthouse. Is it true that there's a shuttle bus that goes around the island? I read there was, and it charges a quarter. Does it go all the way to the tip of the island where the lighthouse is? Does it go close to the tram stop and close to the subway stop? About how far of a walk would it be from the closest subway stop in Manhattan to the tram - just a block or two, or more?

To walk across Brooklyn Bridge, about how far do you need to walk to get to the entrance for the bridge walkway from the closest subway station?

Lastly, if anyone has stayed at either the Pod 39 or Pod 51 or preferably both, is one better than the other in terms of proximity to a subway station? It looks like Pod 51 on 51st Street (I think) is closer, but only line 6 runs from that close station, meaning we'd likely have to transfer once or twice to get to most places we want to go. Some transfer tunnels in some subways are pretty long, so I'm wondering if it's worth choosing one Pod hotel over the other simply because one is closer to a station than the other. Pod 39 has Grand Central Terminal near by, which I gather is pretty useful, but it's at least a few blocks farther away than Pod 51 is to the subway stop up there. We're older folks and can't do as much walking around as we used to, thus the questions.

5 Answers Jul 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    • LGA to Bryant Park / using MTA trip planner

New York City Jun 29, 2016 at 3:12 PM

July weekday 6PM, MTA trip planner suggested this: (with schedule change advisory appearing)

48 min: LGA B UPPER DEPART LEVEL > W 106 ST & B’WAY M60+ Bus > HOYT AV & 31 ST > 0.1 mi > ASTORIA BLVD STA N/Q > STILLWELL AV-CONEY ISL N Train > 42 ST-TIMES SQ N/Q/R > 0.2 miles > Bryant Park

48 minutes?! Seem sorta long...? Is this a logical itinerary? Traveling with carry-on only. Thanks in advance!

22 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 8:54 AM
    • scotontour's Profile Photo

Luggage on train from New York to Boston

New York City Jun 29, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Hi, my son is visiting New York this week and will then travel on by train (amlec) to Boston
      Does he need special permission to carry a large case or it like uk and you can take on easily??

7 Answers Jun 30, 2016 at 12:10 AM
    • New York City between Christmas and New Year's day.

New York City Jun 26, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Planning to go to NYC the week between Christmas and through New Year's Eve.
      Any suggestions of how to manage the week?
      Suggestions about New Year's Eve at Times Square?

9 Answers Jun 28, 2016 at 5:18 AM
    • Hot Air Balloon

Letchworth State Park Jun 24, 2016 at 1:14 PM

What is the cost and how do you sign up?

1 Answer Jun 24, 2016 at 1:26 PM
    • I'm looking to do some hiking in cold spring

Cold Spring Jun 23, 2016 at 8:17 PM

are the trails well marked? I am inexperienced hiker
      also, will I have cell phone coverage and can use google maps if I get lost? I have sprint.

2 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 11:46 PM
    • columbusbuck's Profile Photo

Offbeat Sights and Destinations?

New York State Jun 22, 2016 at 4:59 AM

Hi everyone. I will be traveling through New York in August and September. I like things weird and offbeat and was hoping someone could point me to some sights and destinations that would fit that description. Right now, my plan:

August 15 I-86 through the Chautauqua area, over to Little Valley and up Route 219 to Buffalo

August 16-17 In Niagara Falls

August 27 Cape Vincent, Alexandria Bay, and the Thousand Islands

September 2 In Burlington, VT, near Plattsburgh, on Lake Champlain

September 6-8 New York City and surrounding boroughs

Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 4:53 PM
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

niagra falls

New York City Jun 21, 2016 at 9:07 AM

I want to do a short trip to the Niagra Falls. Have found one bus and over night stay in Canada. Any suggestions. Travelling solo.

3 Answers Jun 21, 2016 at 9:01 PM
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

cheap hotel/ hostel

New York City Jun 21, 2016 at 8:56 AM

I am a 65 year old female travelling solo in October. In total I have 4 days for seeing New York. Am looking for a reasonable, basic, clean hotel/hostel. Prefer to have own bathroom but would share with few people. Need to be near public transport and feel safe walking especially in the evening. Would appreciate any other tips.
      Carol

3 Answers Jun 22, 2016 at 1:20 AM
    • subway platforms with photogenic views?

New York City Jun 16, 2016 at 5:04 PM

My previously 9-days-June NYC trip now will be 11-days mid July.

Just learned, "F train Smith/9th St Sta, highest subway station in world"

And Google image search shows some views from open air platform.

Will be using consecutive 7-day unlimited Metrocard.

Any other platforms with views worth stopping for?

Or looking down on marketplace or other photo opp?

Any underground stations with stand-out photo opps?

Thanks in advance!  yes yes yes

7 Answers Jun 20, 2016 at 3:10 AM
    • jemima62's Profile Photo

Hotel dilemma

New York City Jun 13, 2016 at 4:27 AM

Visiting NYC soon. I'm deliberating between two hotels, Hotel 3232 and The Evelyn. Both just around the same area and similar prices. One vague concern about The Evelyn is the renovations underway and lots of comments about tiny rooms and long waits for the one working lift. The rooms don't appear to have a kettle or coffee maker and although they offer free coffee and tea in the lobby I don't fancy having to wait 10 - 15 mins each way just to get a coffee to take to our room in the morning or after a long day sightseeing. Anyone with knowledge of either hotel have an opinion please? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jun 13, 2016 at 5:35 PM
    • Vacation for 3-4 days from New york

New York City Jun 7, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Hello,

It happens that I and my friend have to visit USA, NJ and NY, for couple of weeks on a business trip.
      Post that I and my friend will have 3-4 days to spend personal vacation.

We could think of the options as Las vegas and florida, but any other options are still welcome.
      So still confused on where to go.

Can someone please help us on deciding among these 2. OR Suggest better place.
      It would be really helpful.

Some details about us:

USA visit: first time visit

Dates for vacation - last week of June

Group size - 2 (no family, 2 guys)

International driving license/Car - No

Total time - 3 to 4 days
      (saturday to tuesday)

Thanks in advance.
      Cheers :)

16 Answers Jun 9, 2016 at 8:49 AM