change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• surfepic's Profile Photo

Roller skating the city

by surfepic Online Now Mar 18, 2016 at 6:48 AM

Hello travellers! I am going to visit New york soon. I just need to know...
      ...Is it allowed to roller skate the main avenues and streets of New york city?
      ...Are there any "special lanes" to do it?
      I will be there for a short time so it would be great to do it this way.
      Hope you can give me some advice...and thanks a lot..

more
    • What are the best websites to find thing to do in NYC?

by Culturesearch Online Now Mar 21, 2016 at 8:04 PM

I am looking for cultural event listings in NYC. I am mainly interested in cultural events like talks, performances, art, theater, talks etc.
      I found:
      http://flavorpill.com/nyc
      www.timeout.com/newyork
      www.culturetab.com
      www.nytimes.com/events/

What other websites are there?

more
    • ZohraK's Profile Photo

Family travelling New York

by ZohraK Online Now Mar 10, 2016 at 5:16 AM

Hi everyone!
      In July 2016, my family (parents + sister of 16 and I'm 19 myself) will be visiting New York for 5 days (in Brooklyn). I have some questions concerning activities and time-distance relations, which I hope you will be able to answer. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get from the Bushwick neighbourhood to Central Park by metro during rush hour? I'm hearing very different opinions on that... Also, does anyone have experience with a Big Apple Greeter? Good guide/fun tour/unusual highlights? Another question: how is Coney Island? My father would love to go there, but since we are only staying in NYC for 5 days, is it really that much of an attraction to go there? If yes, should we take an entire day for that?
      Lastly, a question not necessarily concerning NYC: where do we find a big Walmart/Target to 1) have the experience of shopping in a giant supermarket and 2) have the opportunity to take home nice American candy? We are also visiting the West coast, so maybe in this area? I don't know if you can find superstores like Walmart in the heart of the city, or more in the suburbs...
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • Bylandorsea's Profile Photo

Need hotel and transportation advice

by Bylandorsea Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 5:28 PM

I am planning a trip to NYC this summer. Hotel recommendations and advice on getting around the city would be appreciated. Also any thoughts on La Guardia vs JFK. I want to stay in the city.

Thanks

more
    • What are the best websites to find thing to do in NYC?

by Culturesearch Online Now Mar 21, 2016 at 8:04 PM

I am looking for cultural event listings in NYC. I am mainly interested in cultural events like talks, performances, art, theater, talks etc.
      I found:
      http://flavorpill.com/nyc
      www.timeout.com/newyork
      www.culturetab.com
      www.nytimes.com/events/

What other websites are there?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2016 at 4:31 AM
    • surfepic's Profile Photo

Roller skating the city

by surfepic Online Now Mar 18, 2016 at 6:48 AM

Hello travellers! I am going to visit New york soon. I just need to know...
      ...Is it allowed to roller skate the main avenues and streets of New york city?
      ...Are there any "special lanes" to do it?
      I will be there for a short time so it would be great to do it this way.
      Hope you can give me some advice...and thanks a lot..

2 Answers Mar 22, 2016 at 2:54 AM
    • ZohraK's Profile Photo

Family travelling New York

by ZohraK Online Now Mar 10, 2016 at 5:16 AM

Hi everyone!
      In July 2016, my family (parents + sister of 16 and I'm 19 myself) will be visiting New York for 5 days (in Brooklyn). I have some questions concerning activities and time-distance relations, which I hope you will be able to answer. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get from the Bushwick neighbourhood to Central Park by metro during rush hour? I'm hearing very different opinions on that... Also, does anyone have experience with a Big Apple Greeter? Good guide/fun tour/unusual highlights? Another question: how is Coney Island? My father would love to go there, but since we are only staying in NYC for 5 days, is it really that much of an attraction to go there? If yes, should we take an entire day for that?
      Lastly, a question not necessarily concerning NYC: where do we find a big Walmart/Target to 1) have the experience of shopping in a giant supermarket and 2) have the opportunity to take home nice American candy? We are also visiting the West coast, so maybe in this area? I don't know if you can find superstores like Walmart in the heart of the city, or more in the suburbs...
      Thanks in advance!

11 Answers Mar 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM
    • Bylandorsea's Profile Photo

Need hotel and transportation advice

by Bylandorsea Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 5:28 PM

I am planning a trip to NYC this summer. Hotel recommendations and advice on getting around the city would be appreciated. Also any thoughts on La Guardia vs JFK. I want to stay in the city.

Thanks

14 Answers Mar 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM
    • SOLO TRAVELLING HOTEL

by jessicashu Online Now Feb 13, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Does anyone have some good suggestions for hotels to stay for a solo traveler?

8 Answers Feb 23, 2016 at 8:38 AM
    • is september a good time to go nyc solo ?

by jessicashu Online Now Feb 13, 2016 at 9:55 AM

Is september a good month to travel to NYC ? I am mainly going for shopping and going to great restaurants!

11 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 3:52 PM
    • Radio City Xmas Spectacular

by packtarl Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Quite simply is the show the same every year?
      I went last December and have to say it was fantastic. As I am visiting New York again this December I would go again if it is a different show. I know the Rockettes perform their wooden soldier routine each year but is the rest of the show the same as well?

2 Answers Feb 12, 2016 at 12:53 PM
    • TRAVEL TO NEW JERSEY

by packtarl Online Now Feb 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I would like to travel from the Port Authority bus station to New Jersey to have a look round. I would like to know how often the buses are and how much is the fare. Also where in New Jersey will I be? Is it Weehawken? What is there that I should see ?. Any recommendations for a nice meal? Many thanks.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2016 at 3:09 AM
    • Seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York

by dorothylooiwk Online Now Jan 29, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Hi,

I am seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York and surroundings as I am planning my holiday on this coming May.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Dorothy Looi

7 Answers Feb 12, 2016 at 1:09 PM
    • Seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York

by dorothylooiwk Online Now Jan 29, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Hi,

I am seeking adv & suggestions itinerary for 16 days New York and surroundings as I am planning my holiday on this coming May.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Dorothy Looi

11 Answers Jan 30, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    • Sightseeing in New York

by manian Online Now Jan 26, 2016 at 3:02 PM

What is the cheapest way to go around the city and what are important places one can cover

9 Answers Feb 12, 2016 at 2:07 PM
    • broadway production

by donta2_99 Online Now Jan 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM

what is the best source to purchase tickets at discounted prices

7 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 1:29 PM
    • Restaurant Recommendations

by donta2_99 Online Now Jan 19, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Just want to ask for restaurant recommendations near midtown/central park. Thank you for the help and advice.

8 Answers Jan 28, 2016 at 9:04 PM
    • Broadway production

by donta2_99 Online Now Jan 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM

If you can only see one Broadway production, which one would you choose?

10 Answers Feb 21, 2016 at 5:44 AM
    • Waiting times in February

by lvfl Online Now Jan 18, 2016 at 2:44 AM

We are going to NYC in 3 weeks. We know it's the least busy time a year but since it's always busy in New York we were wondering about the lines at some of the attractions?
      What about the Ferry for SoL (plan to that first jetlag morning = Saturday), 9/11 museum (Saturday afternoon), Top of the Rock (Sunday early evening) and Empire (weekday morning)?
      Some advice?

Thanks!

9 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 1:27 PM
    • Hotel question

by donta2_99 Online Now Jan 18, 2016 at 1:59 AM

I want to ask your opinion of the Warwick Hotel. Is this a good choice in terms of location, quality, etc. or would you recommend staying a little closer to Times Square? Thanks

Don Whitmire

5 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 5:05 PM
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

Late Evening activity

by praveenpd Online Now Jan 16, 2016 at 8:41 PM

I will be in New York on Jan 18,19 and Jan 20 for work. I plan to stay in a hotel close to Times Square. I will have couple of evenings free. Could you please advise any local good restaurant /bars/clubs in and around Times Square. Any recommendation for 'things to do' would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks
      P

7 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 7:39 AM
    • PS - for December, JFK-Laguardia

by jeanfinney Online Now Dec 5, 2015 at 12:44 AM

I forgot to mention - it would be for mid-December, so the weather concern is a real one!

2 Answers Dec 7, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    • Airport change - JFK to LaGuardia

by jeanfinney Online Now Dec 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Hi - I am contemplating gruesome realities in terms of plane tickets for a very long trip. The cheapest - are the cheapest for a reason. The cheapest one involves a change from JFK to LaGuardia, a risky move (long immigration lines, weather, traffic) - I have found a couple of companies who serve the route - Is it necessary to reserve a seat in advance or can one simply grab a bus at the airport? In that case, any recommendations? It seems the price is only $14, that is great. And they claim that it takes 45-60 minutes. However, weather and traffic could change that, I imagine. Any wise thoughts Thanks, Jean

10 Answers Jan 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM
    • JFK to Rockefeller

by Fasalto Online Now Dec 4, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Hey guys!
      I'll be arriving NYC on December 15th at JFK. I have to take a bus at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. But I want to see the Rockefeller's Christmas Tree before (it's my dream) because I'm not sure if i'm going back to NYC during the holidays. So I planned to take the E train and leave at the 5 Av/53 St station. Then I'll walk. But the problem is that I'll be carrying my huge luggage. Is it dangerous? Is it a stupid idea?
      Thanks

6 Answers Dec 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM
    • cazandra.young09's Profile Photo

Anyone can help me?

by cazandra.young09 Online Now Dec 4, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Guy's i am planning to go in New York anyone can help me..?

4 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 11:08 PM
    • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Left Luggage

by Mozumbus Online Now Dec 4, 2015 at 4:00 AM

Have anyone used the left luggage services around Manhattan?

We end up using NYC as a hub to travel around the East Coast and plan to pack so that we don't need to drag all the bags all the time with two kids in the tow.

Any experiences and tips will be highly useful for us.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    • metrocard info

by packtarl Online Now Nov 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi New Yorkers. I would be grateful for your help.
      I will be arriving in New York on 21st December in the afternoon and leaving on the evening of the 28th.
      I will require a single trip from Jamaica into Manhattan on the E train to get to my hotel and then I want an 7 day card that I will use from the 22nd until my departure on the 28th.
      My question is, can I just take my single trip card and get it loaded at a booth for 7 days on the 22nd or is the 7 day card a different type? Many thanks. Roy.

2 Answers Nov 22, 2015 at 4:38 PM
    • cherylll's Profile Photo

New York Pass

by cherylll Online Now Nov 21, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Hi, I'm looking for feedback about the New York Pass (1 Card to see over 80 Attractions in NYC). My daughter (28 yrs) and I (49 yrs) will be going to NYC next September for 5 days, we are on a budget, and wondering if the pass is worth it? Thx, Cheryl

4 Answers Nov 28, 2015 at 4:56 AM
    • SnehalP's Profile Photo

Anyone in NYC ?

by SnehalP Online Now Nov 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Keen to meet other travellers in nyc if you are looking for company. I am in nyc for a few weeks on a work assignment and really simply looking to connect with others. I love travelling and meeting new people from all walks of life.

• New Year's Eve.

by Windgather85 Online Now Nov 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Hi. My wife and I fly out to New York on the 27th December and back to the UK on the 2nd January. We have our itinerary pretty well sorted but are struggling with what to do on NYE. We are staying on East 50th Street. My wife isn't a fan of fireworks so probably wouldn't enjoy Central Park and we do not want to spend a whole day standing in Times Square. We are young at heart mid 50's non-clubbing types and would like to go somewhere for a nice meal with possibly live music.Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 8:19 AM
    • Manhattan to JFK

by karenmillen Online Now Nov 1, 2015 at 9:09 AM

We need to check in by 8pm at JFK for an International flight departing at 10pm. I will book a private transfer but what time would I need to leave Times Square West to take into account traffic delays at that time of day (Friday 13th November)

Thank you
      Karen

34 Answers Nov 14, 2015 at 7:27 AM
    • Best places to eat and go see with kids

by zenboom Online Now Nov 1, 2015 at 4:03 AM

Hi,

Having been there before I'm now taking my two daughters to New York city staying in Washington heights.
      I'm looking for suggestions outside the big touristy attractions to do with them and also the best places to eat. We are going in February as the kids want to go ice skating and the cold doesn't bother with us travelling from Scotland. We will be using the subway as this is how I travelled before and can't fault it.

Thank you in advance,

Lee.

6 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • nargis1973's Profile Photo

best central hotels

by nargis1973 Online Now Oct 30, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Which are the best places/hotels to stay central in NYC to go sightseeing. Thank you in advance.

10 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 7:54 AM
    • scotontour's Profile Photo

Apartment rather than hotel

by scotontour Online Now Oct 30, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Hi ...my son is visiting New York for 5nghts in July16. The hotels are expensive & small rooms, so I wanted to ask members if he would get better value if he could find apartment in central location. His budget is circa $100per night. Any thoughts?.?

17 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 7:54 AM