VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

New York City Travel Answers

change location
mrdarius's Profile Photo

Chrystler Building

by mrdarius Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 3:03 PM

I've been having trouble finding advice on VT regarding the Chrystler Building in New York City. Are there tours? Is there a way to get to the top? I know the lobby is amazing...is there any place to get a guided tour or more info while there? THANKS!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • eden_teuling's Profile Photo

Re: Chrystler Building

by eden_teuling Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 3:15 PM

Hello, No, no..Christler Buiilding is partly open to the public but you can't go up!! In my New York page you can see I was up there but that was a on a special occasion... Sorry for you, but perhaps there is some good info for you in my travelogues (about the Big Apple greeters e.g.) and my tips... Give it a try and yes, I understand it is a bit disappointing: it is my favourite building, so I understand! Perhaps things have changed, but I don't think so. Wish you a great trip and take care! Bye for now, bes-elisabeth

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mrdarius's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Chrystler Building

by mrdarius Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for the tip. They didn't seem to be giving tours last week. Hopefully someday I will know someone who works there so I can go up my favorite building as well.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines