change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kop-queen's Profile Photo

Planning a Possible Road Trip

New Mexico 11 hours ago

Need to get from Fort Worth Texas to SE Arizona early March with probably 1 overnight stop but want to break up the driving into maybe approx. 4 hour stretches. Any suggestions for "must see" locations? Would prefer to avoid too much Interstate driving but conscious I am travelling alone so not wishing to go too far off track. My preferences are for scenery, science and nature as opposed to cities and shopping. Clean budget motel about half way?

more
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Planning a Possible Road Trip

New Mexico 11 hours ago

Need to get from Fort Worth Texas to SE Arizona early March with probably 1 overnight stop but want to break up the driving into maybe approx. 4 hour stretches. Any suggestions for "must see" locations? Would prefer to avoid too much Interstate driving but conscious I am travelling alone so not wishing to go too far off track. My preferences are for scenery, science and nature as opposed to cities and shopping. Clean budget motel about half way?

1 Answer 7 hours ago
    • evening shows + observatories?

New Mexico Oct 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Hello, I'm a TA wanting to explore NM & I'm curious about:
      a) a location (other than usual suspects i.e. albuquerque/santa fe) that might have

a evening show of sorts i.e. a amphitheatre wi/entertainment?

b) a location in NM.....(anywhere south) that might have a observatory where folks

can star gaze?

thx

1 Answer Oct 6, 2016 at 9:41 AM
    • Staying in ABQ for 4days

Albuquerque Sep 5, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Hello,
      I have received some very helpful replies from people on Virtual Tourist Forum but the more information I can gain will be so helpful and much appreciated.
      I am in ABQ for 4days . I will be on my own without a car. I am trying to find out which will be the best hotel to stay in for touring the city without a car.
      I am going to go on the Breaking Bad tour and a Jeep Tour.
      Other suggestions will be greatly appreciated
      Patsy

1 Answer Sep 5, 2016 at 2:23 PM
    • 3days in ABQ

New Mexico Sep 1, 2016 at 1:00 PM

I will be travelling to ABQ next June . I would like to go on a Jeep Tour also Breaking Bad . The days I am there are the weekend and Monday. Could anyone please tell me if the tours run at weekend and where is a good place to stay for accessing sights. I would also appreciate any ideas anyone can give me about what to see.
      Many thanks to anyone who replies to me .

14 Answers Sep 4, 2016 at 3:50 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Santa fey or Albuquerque

Albuquerque Aug 14, 2016 at 2:26 PM

We're going for a week. We're would you make your hub...,,we,ll have car...,,then heading to northern Arizona ......we don't do bar scenes.....can we get some help....OH GING END OF OCT....for 2 weeks....,

19 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 5:20 PM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Bisti/De-na-zin Wilderness: anyone been?

New Mexico Feb 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM

Hi all -
      We may be heading back out to New Mexico this spring and putting in both some city (Santa Fe) and hiking time. I was kicking around another trip out of Chaco with an overnight in Farmington, and ran into this on the BLM site. It's not far from Farmington, and the Bisti Badlands look like big fun...weather and ground surface conditions permitting. The 7297 road in doesn't look to be a problem with a rental as long as there hasn't been any heavy rain. I know that there are no marked trails but I'm not too worried about that either.

Anyway, I was wondering if ya'll had any helpful insights? Just noodling at this point but even if we can't fit it in this time, I'll file it away for the next. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 9:14 AM
    • Los Poblanos Open Space Gardens

Albuquerque Feb 16, 2016 at 8:21 AM

May we walk through the gardens without being a guest staying at the Los Poblanos Historical Inn?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2016 at 9:51 AM
    • Driving with a RV

New Mexico Dec 16, 2015 at 8:43 AM

How difficult is it to drive to Albuquerque (Alt: 2000 m) from Oklahoma city ( 396m) with a rv.

3 Answers Dec 17, 2015 at 4:43 AM
    • ambulance?

Silver City Oct 19, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Hello. I understand that Silver City has a hospital. Do they also have an ambulance service? Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2015 at 7:22 PM
    • i want to send my son birthday balloons he is studying at WNMU

Silver City Sep 4, 2015 at 7:30 AM

so i live in the UK my son will be 18 and away from home studying and on a golf scholarship at your university and i want to send him helium balloons and wonder which local shop would deliver to the university
      can you give me some contact details and i will arrange -it will be his first birthday without his family so i want to still make it fun
      many thanks
      Lindsey
      my email is lyndoune16@hotmail .com

9 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 3:05 AM
    • Ports of Entry into Mexico

New Mexico Aug 28, 2015 at 7:07 AM

We are traveling by car from northern New Mexico to Kino Bay, Mexico taking I25 south through Lordsburg, NM. The 2 closest ports of entry to Lordsburg are Douglas or Naco, AZ. Does anyone know about these ports of entry? We would prefer not to go all the way to Nogales to enter as it adds miles to our trip. Thank you.

3 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • RHFACTOR's Profile Photo

Overview of Santa Fe, NM

Santa Fe Aug 25, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Greetings Beloveds!

I will travel with a party of three (including one senior who gets around fairly poorly when walking for over a couple of blocks). We'll arrive in Albuquerque, NM, and have reservations for a shuttle to our property in Santa Fe. Now I'm considering staying at Santa Fe Hotel on the Plaza (to minimize driving) for this initial visit. The Hyatt Place Santa Fe seems so reasonable and nice, that I considered renting a vehicle and staying there instead. Hmm... Please provide anything you'd care to contribute about a 4 day visit to Santa Fe. More specifically, I'm interested in the following:

~ Dependable Shuttle suggestions for transport from/to Albuquerque, NM to Santa Fe
      ~ Small group tour of some culturally interesting places
      ~ Shopping for a few small jewelry items, small sculpture and/or art
      ~ Good dining (native, vegetarian)
      ~ Great spots for photo opportunities

I so value your input. Thank you, kindly!

4 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 4:08 AM
    • Long-term stay

Albuquerque Aug 14, 2015 at 3:08 AM

I am probably moving to Albuquerque and want to visit for about a month before making a decision. Does anyone know which are the cleanest, safest hotels with small cooking areas? What about inexpensive dog-friendly hotels?

I am ok with a mostly-safe (not perfect) neighborhood. Amenities and services are not important -- I can turn down my own bed and skip the chocolates on my pillow! However, cleanliness is a must.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 2:05 AM
    • Vegan restaurants?

Albuquerque Aug 14, 2015 at 2:47 AM

Is anyone in this group vegan? Which restaurants are best? Which ones are cheapest?

Thanks,

Sankris

1 Answer Aug 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM
    • ufo tours avail

Roswell Aug 9, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Alien/ufo tours other than the one advertised everywhere?

3 Answers Aug 10, 2015 at 12:25 PM
    • First visit

Albuquerque Jul 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Hi everyone! I going to be visiting Albuquerque in a couple weeks and I'm looking for suggestions on nightlife and the best areas to stay. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2015 at 2:43 PM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Places to stay in Albuquerque

Albuquerque Jun 13, 2015 at 11:50 AM

We will be staying a night in Albuquerque. Can any one recommend where to stay?
      Downtown? Midtown?
      Thanks

Derek

8 Answers Jun 16, 2015 at 9:36 AM
    • Scarabandy's Profile Photo

Unidentified Giant Beetle in Albuquerque

New Mexico Jun 1, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Something may have gone wrong with my previous post ... I'll try again.
      While I was on holiday in the Southwest in 2010, I had a bus transfer in Albuquerque. I had a smoke outside the station and saw a huge, huge beetle that was slowly crowling forward. I always believed it was some sort of a giant cockroach, but I can't find anything on the internet that even looks like it. Since I took no pictures, people have a hard time believing it... but I know what I saw. Can anyone tell me more about this giant insect?! It must have been about 11 inches long.

Scarabandy

2 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • zoo hopping

Santa Fe May 23, 2015 at 6:43 AM

any good zoos between denver and santa fe? i will already have done Denver Zoo. planning to drive down toward Santa FE.

2 Answers May 23, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    • santa fe railway

Santa Fe May 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Could anyone please tell me whtehr the old santa fe railway ( Atchison- Topeka) trip to lamy is still operating and if so how can I get tickets.
      many thanks,
      Patsyl

3 Answers May 15, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    • One day in Santa Fe

Santa Fe May 13, 2015 at 7:30 AM

We are planning a trip to Colorado. We've never been to New Mexico and would like to spend one day in Santa Fe just to get an idea of what it is like there.

We would like some ideas of what to do there in one day to enjoy the highlights. We are older adults.

8 Answers May 15, 2015 at 6:09 AM
    • Girls' trip in July to the Angel Fire, Taos, Red River area. What to do?

Angel Fire Apr 28, 2015 at 8:49 AM

We are planning a road trip to this area in July 2015. We'd like to find out where to go for some fun at night... dancing? Live music? Also, looking for fun things to do during the day. What's not to miss? There will be 6 of us that graduated HS together, and we're looking to make some great memories together!

Thanks@

• Pawn Jewelry

New Mexico Apr 22, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Are there any out of the way places to buy Native American pawn jewelry in New Mexico?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2015 at 4:13 AM
    • safety of Santa Fe and Albuquerque

Santa Fe Mar 27, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Just wondering about the safety of Santa Fe and Albuquerque. We will be traveling there from the midwest this summer and have read a lot about the gangs in those cities. It is concerning to us since we have children. Any information of the crime, gangs, safety of the two cities?

5 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    • 5 days day trips from santa fe

New Mexico Mar 24, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Could someone please suggest places to visit by car from Santa Fe by car. We are nervous of any potential hazardous roads.
      Also any suggestions for trips on rail runner would be much appreciated
      Patsy

3 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 5:47 PM
    • Buffalo-Bison

New Mexico Mar 18, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Where can I see Buffalo in Northern New Mexico.
      Thank you

5 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 1:53 PM
    • gapiffy's Profile Photo

road trip Albuquerque to los angeles

New Mexico Jan 11, 2015 at 5:56 PM

hi all -- we are a family of 6 from australia driving from possibly albuquerque airport to los angeles airport in february (trying to find the most cost effective airport to fly into from new york-- and albuquerque seems to be the winner at this stage).we have 5 nights to get back to los angeles-- hopefully taking in the grand canyon for a sunset and sunrise on the way.any tips or itinerary ideas gratefully received!-- we dont mind a drive but dont want to be crazy, and love the nps of the west! thank you

4 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 12:36 PM
    • Santa Fe to Las cruces

New Mexico Dec 31, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Hello
      We want to get from Santa fe to Las cruces by public transpotattion then hire a car . We are nervous about driving out of albuquerque which I guess would be easiest as we could get the shuttle to ABQ. Are we being over anxious .?
      Happy New Year to all.
      Patsy

6 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    • Staying in Santa Fe

New Mexico Dec 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hello
      We are spending 6days in Santa Fe end May but hoping to hire a care could anyone please suggest best days out .
      We will go to Taos . All suggestions will be gratefully received.
      Thankyou
      Patsy

8 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • John195123's Profile Photo

Local Eateries

Socorro Dec 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I'm going to be in Socorro for a few days and I just wanted to find the best places to eat. I know that's a vague question, but, from a local's perspective, what's the place you go to (or would go to) as often as possible?

Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 6:57 AM