Travel Answers
New Delhi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to get down in Ahmedabad while coming from Dwarka, to reach Airport..?

India Aug 10, 2016 at 2:34 AM

I would be travelling to Gujrat in next month for four days. On last day night I would be travelling from Dwarka to Ahmedabad in bus. I have to reach Airport in Ahmedabad. So, Where Should I get down in Ahmedabad while coming from Dwarka. Please mention the bus stop names which would be near to Airport.? I've early morning flight to catch.

more
    • Terminal M Kuala Lumpur Airport

Mumbai 15 hours ago

Can I ask a similar question here also.I am travelling from mumbai(IND) to kualalumpur in Malaysia airlines,arriving at 7:45 am at terminal M. I have connecting malaysia airlines to auckland departing at terminal M ,9 Am . I have 1 hr 20 min of gap. is it possible to get between both , i guess the luggage will be moved along in airline itself

more
    • Planning to travel North East in September last.

India Aug 10, 2016 at 2:45 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to North East from Delhi for about 10 days. Since I know 10 days is not much to complete all the seven sisters, I am planning to leave Assam and Arunachal out of it( since these are very big states and would try to cover them separately some other time). So, can some one help me in:
      a. Out of remaining five(Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura), which two -three shall I pick. I want to spend some time rather than just touching all the states.
      b. From security point of view which ones are safe. We all are males from Delhi.
      c. Is September end, October first right time to do it or they still remain impacted by the retreating monsoons.

Please feel free to point out any thing I have missed that I shall take care.

Thanx fellow travellers.

more
    • Cab from Kochi Airport to Munnar- Please intimate

Munnar Aug 4, 2016 at 3:38 AM

Hi ,

I am travelling from Munnar to Kochi Airport on 15th August. I will be reaching to Kochi Airport by 15th August 10 AM in the morning. Since the cab fares are quite high from Kochi to Munnar due to charging on return journey as an inclusion - I would like to offer my cab from Kochi airport to Munnar on a reasonable fare.

Please feel free to contact me on +91 8879390047 or drop a note to anigam1184@gmail.com

more
    • need travel buddy

Goa Aug 24, 2016 at 2:09 AM

am nizam 30 year from india kerala planning to go goa this week any one can join......

more
    • where to stay

Goa Aug 21, 2016 at 11:25 PM

Hi all!

I’m thinking of planning a trip to Goa for a (much-needed) holiday. Can anyone help me out with the best resorts/ time of year to travel? I’m hoping to soak up a bit of sun, explore the cultural attractions and do a little shopping. I’ve heard there are some absolute steals in Goa! Also, if anyone has a rough idea on prices (transport, food etc.) that’d be really helpful too. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Searching for Villas,Bunglaws,Homestays,Individual houses,Apartments for our Trip

Goa Aug 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Dear VT,

We are 8 Members (Men) from Chennai (South India) coming to Goa on January 07 2017.Our Check in would be on January 07 and check out will Jan 12(Total 5 Nights),We are looking for best and cheap accommodation in Villas,Bunglaws,Guest houses,Individual house,homestays in North goa.We looking only for Entire property or individual which is attached to resorts or hotels also.So I kindly request you all to provide me the best details or reference for our stay.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Sleeping at Hyderabad International Airport for 5 hours before flight departure at 1.40 am

Hyderabad Aug 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM

Can i know whether tourists at Hyderabad International Airport can sleep at the airport halls for 5 hours without checking-into a hotel if their departure time is the next day at 1.40 am?

more
    • Easiest way to reach ginger tree beach resort

Goa Aug 2, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Hi this is Deepak. I have booked ginger tree beach resort , situated on condolim - calangute road for 12 to 15 Aug. Would like to know the easiest and cheapest way to reach there. And guide me how to plan a trip for above mentioned span.
      Thanks

more
    • transport to bundi

Jaipur Aug 22, 2016 at 9:11 PM

I'm tempted to get a taxi from Jaipur to Bundi if it's safe to do so. Also wondering about a taxi Bundi to Sanganer; this might be more sensible than retracing to Jaipur, then bus to Sanganer - which I imagine would probably be a full day excursion.

more
    • Rahamat's Profile Photo

Manali Trip in March 2017

Manali Aug 15, 2016 at 7:40 PM

I am planning to go to Manali in mid March 2017 and wish to know if this is the good time in terms of weather and what activities will be available. Is this a busy time? What sort of traffic is expected during this time.

more
    • Chandrabhaga Fair accommodation

India Aug 15, 2016 at 5:20 PM

This tempting alternative to Pushkar is off the beaten track and the few local hotels(Jhalawar) seem predictably booked out for those few November days. Does anyone know of alternatives? I'm am individual traveller who doesn't like group tours.

more
    • ardelean's Profile Photo

Dress in Temples

Chennai (Madras) Aug 1, 2016 at 9:51 AM

What is suitable dress for a western man and a western woman when visiting a temple for a wedding?

more
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Wifi Rental

India Aug 26, 2016 at 8:35 PM

I enjoy a virtual disconnection while traveling. But being a female solo traveler in India, I was told by a local that is always good to have a way to have contact in case of emergency... I really don't think I need it as I have never need it before..there is always a way, but it may not be a terrible idea if I rent a wifi hotspot during the trip, however it seems Delhi airport doesn't have a place for this type of rentals (while in other more secure countries I always see them and have never rent them!) All what I have found sounds complicated as to going in places in Delhi to rent it however I'm not staying there and will leave to other cities right away. Has somebody find a place in the airport to rent this or having something deliver to your hotel?

more
    • Gecko Tours VS Intrepid Tours

India Aug 16, 2016 at 9:39 PM

I'm a 23 year old female planning to travel India in early Feb 2017 by myself.

I was intending on doing the 16 day South India Unplugged Tour (Intrepid) but they've recently changed the itinerary (and name) and increased the price. Because of this I had a look at other tours offered in the same area of India. I came across the Gecko Tour 'Simply South India' which has a very similar itinerary, although cuts out Madurai and Periyar National Park. This tour is only 13 days but over $300 cheaper.

But through looking at varying tours, I've discovered India Gecko tours average age is around 18-30 whereas India Intrepid tours have ages from 15-70.

I'm simply seeking advise on both tour age ranges, even though Intrepid states that the ages could be 15-70, what is the actual average age? And are families likely to be on these types of tours?

As a solo female traveller, I think I would enjoy travelling with like minded travellers around my age.

I'm also seeking advise on the 2 destinations that I'd be missing out on. Is the $300 saving and more appropriate age group worth missing out on 3 days and 2 destinations? I am currently a University student so money is slightly tight. Would I be best using this $300 saving to put it towards other India activities when I finish the tour or in North India.

Here are the links to the tours:

intrepidtravel.com/au/india/...

geckosadventures.com/en-au/i...

And the tour I plan on going from

Goa - Mumbai - Varanasi - Delhi - Jaipur - Agra - Mathura & Vrindavan for Holi Festival.

All up in India for about 45 days (then moving onto South East Asia but that's for another forum)

A little more about myself. I'm basically up for anything, hiking, camel rides, desert safari's, you name it. Any North India suggestions would also be awesome!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

more
    • Driving to Tanot

Jaisalmer Aug 13, 2016 at 4:05 AM

As a foreigner (English), with a self-drive hire car (4x4), can I drive to Tanot from Jaisalmer? Do I need a permit? If so, where do I get one and what does it cost?

more
    • Airport to overnight in Cochin or straight to Munnar?

Munnar Aug 25, 2016 at 1:46 PM

We are arriving in Cochin directly from the US for a 5-night/6-day visit. To overcome or reduce fatigue from jet lag, is it advisable to break journey for an overnight's stay in Cochin OR proceeding directly to Munnar (2 nights), Kumarakom (1 night), Alleppey houseboat (1 night), and catching Cochin on the 5th/last night before catching an 8 am flight on the 6th day?

Thank you.

more
    • Safe to visit?

Darjeeling Aug 7, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Darjeeling and Gangtok next month for a week in September, seeing the current conditions in Assam is it safe to visit both these places?

more
    • I'll be for 12 hours on Mumbai airport on transit to Japan and 17 hours on our way back to Paris

Mumbai Aug 5, 2016 at 10:28 AM

My question is, if it's safe to grab a pre-paid taxi to the city and if we have sufficient time to do it. On the 17 hours stop it will be at night and we need a hotel to stay for a few hours of sleep. What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance

more
    • Goa in september

Goa Aug 23, 2016 at 2:50 AM

I have already planned a trip to goa this September 9th, now that I am reading about the weather I am afraid we won't be able to swim and explore the restaurants shops and culture due to the weather! Am panicking should I cancel my trip??

Thank you

more
    • Ishadsouza's Profile Photo

Which survival kit should i have in journey ?

India Aug 16, 2016 at 3:41 AM

I heard a lot about Indian places where i can get different experience of life, But as i know In India, some places are not safe for girls, so my concern is which survival kit should i have in this journey or leave myself on Indian gov. ?

more
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Transfer Jaisalmer to Delhi

Jaisalmer Aug 7, 2016 at 5:58 AM

VT friends

Hello!

In November I will be finalizing the Jaisalmer trip to Delhi and would like to know if any of you know a transfer (car or van) to do this Jai-Del trip, since there is only train once a week and Jaisalmer has no airport.

Thank you very much

more

Near New Delhi

• female traveling to New Dehli

by bh0000 Online Now Oct 25, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Is it safe for blonde Americans to travel to new delhi? Any warnings precautions or tips

7 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    • Nightlife & Location in Delhi

by alawrencepdx Online Now Sep 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM

What is the best area of Delhi to stay in for nightlife? Going Sep 18-22nd and want to celebrate my birthday over the weekend (also looking for a fabulous way to celebrate on Mon 21st my actual bday). Looking for a dance club with fun Bollywood music. Also wanting advice on hotels in the area.

2 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • oxoboxo's Profile Photo

New Years Eve in New Delhi, INDIA

by oxoboxo Online Now Aug 30, 2015 at 1:26 PM

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what one can do on New Years Eve in New Delhi?
      We will have arrived into New Delhi on December 30th and was wondering if there are any particular NYE celebrations that take place in the city. Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
      Christopher

4 Answers Sep 2, 2015 at 1:55 AM
    • One Baggage drop at transit location

by Nehem00 Online Now Jun 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Hi,
      I am traveling from Germany to Calcutta via New Delhi.
      Layover is just 90 minutes. I have 2 check in baggage. During layover I want to check out one baggage and give it to my relative and then will take the next domestic flight.

- Now when I start from Germany, can airline keep different destination for these baggages?
      - Within 90 minutes, is it possible to get the baggage and provide it to my relative and then to the domestic flight check in in 90 minutes? International to domestic gate...

Let me know if am not clear. Please help.

4 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM
    • Imlonetraveller's Profile Photo

Need companion

by Imlonetraveller Online Now Mar 29, 2015 at 10:53 PM

I am travelling mussoorie by bike in couple of days. Anyone need company?

4 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    • Herkbert's Profile Photo

Laugh if you must - What is appropriate foot wear for traveling in Dehli and Rajasthan?

by Herkbert Online Now Sep 24, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Hi.. We will be touring in New Dehli and the Rajasthan area for almost two weeks in October. I know that visiting temples and other holy places requires the removal of shoes, so my normal walking shoes don't seem like a good choice. Are they ok or should I buy sandals for walking around? Do travelers where socks or go barefoot in the temples?

Thanks.. Tom

17 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    • Need to shop Ipad Air and Iphone 5s

by raz01 Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Hi .Please help . I need to purchase a Ipad Zair and a Iphone in New delhi , while on business trip.

Any Ideas ??
      Any Idea on prices ??

5 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    • Tips for Woman Traveler

by nikkmillion Online Now Aug 1, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Can someone please share some safety tips for female travelers to New Delhi?

10 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • delhi tour in wheelchair

by lanizza Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 4:01 AM

looking for tour guide in delhi who can customize short tours for person in wheelchair

9 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:33 AM
    • Herkbert's Profile Photo

Royal Rajasthan train tour

by Herkbert Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Hello.. We will be visiting New Delhi in October and will be traveling on the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels train tour. The itinerary will take us to seven different cities throughout Rajasthan, plus Agra to see the Taj Mahal over a seven day period.

I have been reading the responses to many of the questions in preparation, but would like to find someone who has taken the tour to get their opinion. Anyone been on-board?

Thanks.. Tom

5 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    • hotel in New Delhi

by LizzyB0911 Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Hi there I my mom and I will be arriving in Delhi late and we want to book a safe reputable hotel for two nights before hooking up with our tour group. It's our first time to India and we want a hotel that's easy to find, clean and especially safe for women preferably a 4 star with free airport transfers and wifi. Do you have any suggestions? I have been told that the hotel rating on trip advisor are mostly false and written by scammers

14 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    • Travel within Delhi

by moksha.khanna1 Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Which is the best way to travel within Delhi? Cab/Metro/Auto?

11 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:41 AM
    • Concerned traveller

by Lou42b Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Can anyone tell me what clothes & shoes to pack to visit New Delhi, Jaipur, Agra in the last 2 weeks of October.

Thanks Louise.

16 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:43 AM
    • Arriving late in Delhi

by MaxRK Online Now May 19, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Hi All,

I am looking at booking my flight to Delhi however it seems that I'm only limited to flights that will see me land at 23:55. I am a solo female traveller - is it not a good idea to land at this time?
      I could look at a layover in another country so my landing time in Delhi changes, but obviously this would end up costing more.

One other question - is it not advisable to arrive in Delhi on a Saturday/Sunday? Are many things open on the weekend in Delhi?

Thank-you very much in advance!

26 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    • Given name has two name but they appear in reverse order in eticket

by urgent123 Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Hi

I am travelling to US very soon but I just checked my e-ticket and found out following error.
      My passport name says :
      Given name : Arya Prakash.
      My surname is blank on my passport.

However my e-ticket says : Prakash/Arya Ms.

Is this notation correct ?? Should I travel with this ticket ??

22 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:46 AM
    • xelhaw's Profile Photo

souvenirs- local clothes

by xelhaw Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 9:06 AM

WHat is the best shopping market for Souvenirs or Local clothes in New Delhi?

6 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:47 AM
    • Airport to NDLS via metro

by SoniaDass Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Hello, my international flight arrives at 3:30 AM and I think the airport metro starts at 5:15 AM. Do I have enough time to get to NDLS for the morning shatabdi at 7:20 AM? Which exit do I take from the metro to get to shatabdi platform?

5 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:51 AM
    • MatthewG11's Profile Photo

Delhi's Safety

by MatthewG11 Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I know that Delhi isn't safe for women, but is it safe for men to travel there, too?

20 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • mrifkin397@aol.com

by mrifkin Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I will be doing the golden triangle from Jan 22 to February 5. Should I be taking anti malaria medication?

12 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

Indira Gandi to Connaught palace

by NorainS Online Now Dec 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM

what would be the taxi fare from Indira gandhi int airport delhi to Connaught Palace at 2130hours time.

12 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 8:54 AM
    • Silver items

by vsabinat Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Hi....I am travelling to Delhi in December. I would like to buy some silver artifacts for my home. Which is the best place to go that has a large collection?

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • New Delhi Inquiry

by 3976 Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM

1. Is there any Hop On Hop Off stop near Nizamuddin Railway Station?

2. What are the budget hotels I can find near Nizamuddin Railway station ?

3. Please also advise budget hotels near Connaught Place?

My budget for hotel per day is under 1000 Rupees for Couple.

Thank You

3 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • markets in delhi to buy ganesha paintings

by varun234 Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM

what are the markets available in delhi to buy nice ganesha paintings ?

1 Answer Oct 14, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    • markets in delhi to buy ganesha paintings

by varun234 Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 9:05 PM

what are the markets available in delhi to buy nice ganesha paintings ?

1 Answer Oct 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Hansqvr's Profile Photo

bahai lotus temple

by Hansqvr Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM

why is it not included in the 8th wonders' voting?

4 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • Best Range in Jim Corbett

by alvaronicardo Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Which are the 2 best range in Jim Corbett park, and also the time to visit there

2 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    • Is it safe to travel through Northern India and parts of Nepal in July 2013?

by worldtravels2013 Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I am planning a 2-week trip to Northern India (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, and Udaipur) and Kathmandu, Nepal in mid-July and from what I have seen in the news this past couple of days, I am not sure if it is a good idea to keep my trip. I am unfamiliar with the weather patterns in this region during this time of the year, other than the fact that it is monsoon season. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

11 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    • visa from hongkong to shenzhen (china)

by shalu73 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

hi we're a family of four travelling to hongkong from 8-12 june would like to know somebody releiable who can arrange a day visa to shenzhen.

2 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    • Golden Triangle

by debbiegower Online Now May 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM

We would like to do the Golden Triangle from Delhi. We arrive in Delhi late on Wednesday 16 October 2013 and leave Delhi on Tuesday 22nd October at 15.20. We are staying with friends in Delhi and would like to do Golden Triangle departing Saturday or Sunday and returning to the airport for our flight.

6 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • Tell me which company provide Best Tour package Manali to Delhi.

by prachikapoor303 Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Friends suggest me which company is best for Manali tour. I am lived in Delhi with my family; my son is forcing me for Manali tour. Friends tell me which company is given me a affordable tour package Delhi to Manali. This duration, Date = 29-04-2013 to 10-05-2013.

7 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM