change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Netherlands Antilles Travel Answer Locations

• Planning St. Maarteen trip March 2016

Sint Maarten Nov 5, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Hello, Im planning a girls trip in March for my birthday and would like to know where exactly would be the best location to stay. With doing a little research I see that the dutch side is where most of the nightlife and action takes place. Any suggestions on what hotels will be walking distance to the heart of the nightlife and things to do, as well as the beach?

• Pollution from refinery

Curaçao Oct 12, 2015 at 5:40 AM

I read recently some tourists had problems with the polluted air on Curacao due to the oil refinery. Has anyone been there lately and found this to be a problem?

2 Answers Oct 12, 2015 at 10:11 AM
    • Public Transportation to Floating Market

Curaçao Aug 20, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Even though I learned it is only a 15 minute walk from the Megapier to the Floating Market, I could probably walk one way, but not sure able to walk both ways. I understand the bus terminal is right across the street from the pier, so would it be possible to get a bus to the Floating Market, and then I would only have l.2 km. to walk back to the pier. I know there are taxis, but I just enjoy using Public Transportation and being with the people from the area I am visiting and walking the streets where I can go more slowly, and able to stop to look at those things that interest me.. Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 Answer Sep 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM
    • Floating Market

Curaçao Aug 19, 2015 at 11:19 PM

How close is the Floating Market to the pier where the cruise ships come in?

1 Answer Aug 20, 2015 at 12:16 AM
    • Floating Market

Curaçao Aug 19, 2015 at 11:19 PM

How close is the Floating Market to the pier where the cruise ships come in?

2 Answers Sep 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • rental car

Curaçao Aug 16, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Hello everyone, is it worth it to rent a car ?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM
    • How do we go around Curacao on our own?

Curaçao Jun 13, 2015 at 9:27 AM

We're quite hesitant to book a tour through Carnival when I know we can do it on our own. And yes, they're expensive! Our ship is docked from 1 pm-11pm and we would like to know if there's like a hop on hop off tour bus in Curacao? Or how do we navigate this city? What are the sights to see aside from the famous bridge and colorful buildings? Thanks for any help.

14 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 1:32 PM
    • bahaman's Profile Photo

Driving in Curacao

Curaçao Apr 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We will be visiting Curacao on a cruise ship in June and would like to avoid the usual tourist traps and rent a car to visit special cultural artefacts. Some questions that I hope the Curacao experts can help with:
      1) Is driving really as problematic as mentioned in some of the post
      2) Is there a mobile APP that can assist with locating the attractions?
      3) Is there a map online or otherwise available for the island?
      4) Are there any special venues that you might recommend?
      5) Any special dishes that we should try? We like to try local cuisine when we travel.

Thanks for answering any or all of the questions

4 Answers May 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM
    • ocean is it dangerous

Curaçao Apr 23, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I heard the ocean is dangerous for swimming, is this true

9 Answers May 8, 2015 at 6:54 PM
    • Cruising to Sint Marteen

Sint Maarten Apr 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Sint Maarten is our first stop on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I have found that it is often cheaper to plan your own excursions. Any suggestions from those who have also cruised to Sint Maarten?

5 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 4:07 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is Curacao similar to Aruba?

Curaçao Mar 23, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I visited Aruba last year, and loved it! I am thinking about visiting Curacao, and was wondering if it's similar to Aruba, in terms of windiness, transportation, food, prices, safety, and people.

In Aruba, it was really windy. The bus and taxi system was wonderful. Taxi drivers would give each other business, and the people in general were the friendliest I've ever met. We would have complete strangers offer us rides, and I was hit on by the local girls on several occasions. And we could walk around pretty much anywhere, at any hour of night, and no one would bother us. And there were no hawkers, aggressive vendors, or harassment by locals. And the locals didn't get angry when they saw a camera, in fact, quite the opposite.

What about the airport? We had to get 3 hours early in Aruba, they were very lazy and short staffed, and we had to go through customs and 2 security checkpoints.

Is Curacao the same as Aruba? What are some similarities and differences between the 2 islands?
      I heard that Curacao is more "European" than Aruba. Whatever that means.

Anyone who has spent at least a few days on both islands, that can provide some insight?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM
    • Dining experience

Sint Maarten Jan 27, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Looking for a wonderful dining experience that doesn't break the bank. Willing to enjoy just about any cuisine. your thoughts, please. We have three or four days left on the island.

• What see and do in 8 hours in Curacao?

Curaçao Jan 25, 2015 at 11:41 PM

I will arrive on a Carnival cruise ship next week and have 8 hours.

I am not interested in water sports but would like some experience of the culture and sights on the island. What can I do "on foot" once I leave the cruiseship. We are a healthy active couple age 50's that loves to walk. Is there a beach close by? Shopping? Any place with Wifi internet I can walk to? Museums/historical sights? Can I get a guided walking tour anywhere? I would rather not pay for a cruise ship excursion and appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 9:52 AM
    • Looking for a bathing suit store

Netherlands Antilles Jan 14, 2015 at 10:41 AM

I am looking to contact a store called KOKORO LE SHOP OR KOKORO INGIGUO BAY. IN SINT MAARTEN.
      Has anyone heard of it?
      thank you so much

1 Answer Jan 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM
    • Studio rental

Curaçao Jan 4, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Worried about scams

2 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    • Best of a few days stay

Philipsburg Dec 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM

My wife and myself are looking at visiting the Simpson Bay area in mid March 2015. We are from the UK and will be flying in from Miami. We are quite keen on seeing the planes land from the beach near Simpson Bay. The question is how many days we should stay! would 2 or 3 days be enough? Secondly, where are the best places to stay? We were looking at the Maho Beach and Simpson Bay areas, are these the best for both nightlife & beaches? and finally is there much difference between a weekend or a mid week visit?

• big and tall clothing

Curaçao Nov 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Where can I find big and tall clothing for men in Curacao?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM
    • darrmont's Profile Photo

Bicycle rental

Curaçao Aug 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I am considering renting a bicycle but it seems very expensive and I had thought of buying a 2nd hand bicycle as an alternative, are there any shops such cash converters (pawn shops) where I could buy a 2nd hand bicycle

1 Answer Aug 26, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    • Does Equus still exist?? Grill out on Friday nights??

Curaçao Aug 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Would you recommend the Ranch or Equus. The Argentinian steak/chicken on skewers (Churrasca). We like local things to do and we tried this place the last time we were there in '07 but so crowded, could not get a table for awhile so we chose to leave. Is it still good. What is another local spot that sells krioyo. Thanks! Which beach to visit that is the prettiest. Porto Marie, Grote Knip, Playa Kalki we have been to. Any others??

5 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • beebee9's Profile Photo

Hotel Riu Palace St Martin (former Radisson Blu)

Sint Maarten Aug 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Radisson Blu is now Hotel Riu Palace St Martin. Has anyone been there since the change? Please post your reviews, is there any construction going on? How is the new management? Any Pros / Cons are appreciated.

Thank you

3 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    • curacao freezone

Curaçao Jul 1, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hotel to close proximity to Curacao harbor freezone

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • St Maarten beaches

Sint Maarten Jun 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM

What is best for family with 10 and 8 yr olds? and how to get there from cruise ship?

1 Answer Jun 27, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    • curacao freezone

Curaçao Jun 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I want to try shoping at the freezone area. Do they ship items purchased to another country upon request or is it just at their airport or hotel?

• Entrance sign at Hato Caves

Curaçao May 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

What is meant by Kueba di Hato on the entrance sign to Hato Caves in Willemsted Curacao

3 Answers May 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    • Flower Shops

Curaçao Apr 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase flowers for a wedding close to the cruise ship docks? Thanks in advance!!

3 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 12:37 AM
    • St. Maarten v. St. John

Sint Maarten Apr 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Our family (2 adults, 2 children, ages 10 and 14) is planning a spring break trip and can't decide whether to go to St. Maarten or St. John. We haven't been to either. We enjoy the beach and would likely rent a condo/villa in either place instead of staying in a hotel. We'd also like to visit other nearby islands on day trips, if transportation is possible. Any thoughts?

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 2:26 AM
    • Is the Floating market still in operation?

Curaçao Mar 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

In light of the challenges in Venezuela; do the Venezuelans still come
      to Curacao and operate the floating market?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • RobinP13's Profile Photo

Looking for a braclet!

Curaçao Mar 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Does anyone know the girl who makes and sells shell jewelry at the pier dock (where carnival freedom docks) Name or website?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Day Trip From Aruba

Curaçao Mar 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I will be visiting Aruba for a week in April, and we were looking at taking a daytrip to Curacao. I understand there is no ferry service, so does anyone know any cheap flights?
      I found some companies, but the cheapest one in $203, tax included. We were looking for something around $100.
      I heard sometimes on the island, they have special charter flights that don't show up online, and you can get a really cheap deal.
      Is it better to book a flight there, or from home?

How much is taxi from Airport to Punda district, or can you take a bus?

Willemsted is in my top 10, list of cities I want to visit. And IDK when I'll be in ABC islands again. I will kick myself for being so close and not going, but if the price isn't right, the price isn't right.

Any ideas?

• CynthiaT5's Profile Photo

wholesale shopping

Curaçao Mar 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM

how can i buy wholesale clothing and get it ship to the bahamas