Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What can I do on a Sunday in Marken?

Marken Jul 15, 2016 at 6:00 AM

I would like to know if there is anything to do on Marken, Amsterdam
      on a Sunday besides restaurants. Is there a museum open or the
      Dutch shoe factory or something interesting for a tourist to do?

more
    • Rotterdam - Free car park

Rotterdam Jul 4, 2016 at 6:09 AM

Visitng Rotterdam for 2 days in late August. Staying at a youth hostel at Coolsestraat 47-49, 3014 LC Rotterdam, Netherlands. I'd like to find a place to park the car nearby for free. I don't mind walking 15 - 20 minutes or so.

I did find that there was free parking on Noordereiland (41 minutes away), and Oranjeboomstraat (55 minutes away), but these are further out than I would prefer.

Is there anyone familiar with Rotterdam? Possibly there is something around Vrosenpark, or that area that would be much closer.

Thank you for your help.

more
    • marijnissen.mario's Profile Photo

uitleg over willemstad

Willemstad Jun 26, 2016 at 8:16 AM

Willemstad (Noord-Brabant) - Wikipedia
      nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willem...
      Willemstad is een vestingstad in de gemeente Moerdijk, in de Nederlandse provincie Noord-Brabant.

more
    • Hilvarenbeek, Holland

Hilvarenbeek Jul 10, 2016 at 11:42 AM

what is there to do in area am staying at the safari park but have car

more
    • I Need a Tourist Guide for a Day Tour in Eindhoven

Eindhoven Jul 10, 2016 at 2:54 AM

On Thursday July 21st I need a tourist guide for a couple of elderly people (83 and 74) in Eindhoven. The tourist guide should meet us with his car in a meeting point in Eindhoven at about 9:30 am and will take the couple to see the city attractions - mainly museums, architecture and art attractions, resturant (for dinner) in his car. At the end of the tour at about 18:00, we should meet at a meeting point in Eindhoven to pick up the couple. Would be glad to get offers from tourist guides or recommendations about tourist guides.

more
    • Any place opened at 5am ?

Eindhoven Jul 7, 2016 at 8:12 AM

I'll be soon travelling to Eindhoven and my bus will arrive at 5am, and I'll need to wait 3 hours before I'm able to collect my keys. Is there any cafe or restaurant near the train station opened that early?

more
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Buckwheat Pannenkoeken?

Amsterdam Jul 10, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Does anyone know of a good place in central Amsterdam that serves a savory (not sweet) buckwheat pannenkoeken?

more
    • Haarlem P&R

Haarlem Jul 3, 2016 at 1:53 PM

Visitng Haarlem for one day before returning a car in Amsterdam Need to find a place to park the car.

Could not find any place for free other than the 2 P&R places. How much is it to take the train (or woud it be a bus) from each of these P&R's to Haarlem central?

And how much to take a train from Amsterdam to Haarlem? Since another option would be to return the car in Amsterdam first, and then take a train to Haarlem.

Thanks

more
    • Best centrally located hotel?

Amsterdam Jul 23, 2016 at 8:25 AM

We would like to be able to walk the city and also be located near mass transit. What hotel do you recommend?

more
    • Den Bosch - Free car parking

Den Bosch Jul 4, 2016 at 8:33 AM

Visitng Den Bosch for a few hours in early August. I'd like to find a place to park the car nearby for free. I don't mind walking 15 - 20 minutes or so.

Is there anyone familiar with Den Bosch who can reply?

Thank you for your help.

more
    • The Church at Zoelen

Zoelen Jul 10, 2016 at 1:33 PM

I will be passing through Zoelen in August and would like to visit the Church at Zoelen as my ancestor was a minister there from 1619 to 1633. Is it open to the public? Can you provide email contact information on who to contact as I could not find this info through the internet.

more
    • Stubbe's Haring

Amsterdam 19 hours ago

I read on a website that Stubbe's Haring has closed. Did it close or did it move to another location?
      I really look forward to eating herring in Amsterdam.
      Thanks.
      Losham

more
    • 4 day trip

Amsterdam Jul 21, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Hi experts, we (me & my wife) we have 4 days from next Thursday till Sunday, we live in Holland and want to go for vacations, anyone has any suggestions? as we don't want to travel a lot but enjoy our time, relaxing and sightseeing.
      need help..

more
    • Can I get a large amount of euros after banking hours?

Amsterdam Jul 5, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Arriving @ Schipol at 21:30, I will need 400 euros that night to pay for lodging. I'm staying in a private home for 4 nights and the host has requested cash on arrival. I'm guessing that any airport bank would be closed. I have an ATM card, but I don't know if a withdrawal of that amount is allowed.

more
    • First time traveller to Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jul 11, 2016 at 9:28 AM

Hi we are 5 friends traveling to Amsterdam for the first time. Where should we stay and few good places to eat and visit if you could recommend? We are planning to spend 3 nights in Amsterdam.. Is it fine or should it be more or less?

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Who is the rider and who is the painter?

Apeldoorn Jul 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM

In Het Loo Palace I saw an equestrian painting, and I have been unable to find out any information on who painted it or who the subject was.

"Het Loo Palace #4 - Portrait Gallery in Room #5 " - Paleis Het Loo Tip by grandmaR

more
    • Stubbe's Haring

Amsterdam 19 hours ago

I read on a website that Stubbe's Haring has closed. Did it close or did it move to another location?
      I really look forward to eating herring in Amsterdam.
      Thanks.
      Losham

7 Answers 11 hours ago
    • Best centrally located hotel?

Amsterdam Jul 23, 2016 at 8:25 AM

We would like to be able to walk the city and also be located near mass transit. What hotel do you recommend?

5 Answers Jul 23, 2016 at 11:41 PM
    • 4 day trip

Amsterdam Jul 21, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Hi experts, we (me & my wife) we have 4 days from next Thursday till Sunday, we live in Holland and want to go for vacations, anyone has any suggestions? as we don't want to travel a lot but enjoy our time, relaxing and sightseeing.
      need help..

8 Answers 17 hours ago
    • What can I do on a Sunday in Marken?

Marken Jul 15, 2016 at 6:00 AM

I would like to know if there is anything to do on Marken, Amsterdam
      on a Sunday besides restaurants. Is there a museum open or the
      Dutch shoe factory or something interesting for a tourist to do?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2016 at 8:50 AM
    • First time traveller to Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jul 11, 2016 at 9:28 AM

Hi we are 5 friends traveling to Amsterdam for the first time. Where should we stay and few good places to eat and visit if you could recommend? We are planning to spend 3 nights in Amsterdam.. Is it fine or should it be more or less?

18 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 12:06 PM
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Buckwheat Pannenkoeken?

Amsterdam Jul 10, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Does anyone know of a good place in central Amsterdam that serves a savory (not sweet) buckwheat pannenkoeken?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2016 at 9:54 AM
    • The Church at Zoelen

Zoelen Jul 10, 2016 at 1:33 PM

I will be passing through Zoelen in August and would like to visit the Church at Zoelen as my ancestor was a minister there from 1619 to 1633. Is it open to the public? Can you provide email contact information on who to contact as I could not find this info through the internet.

6 Answers Jul 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    • Hilvarenbeek, Holland

Hilvarenbeek Jul 10, 2016 at 11:42 AM

what is there to do in area am staying at the safari park but have car

2 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM
    • I Need a Tourist Guide for a Day Tour in Eindhoven

Eindhoven Jul 10, 2016 at 2:54 AM

On Thursday July 21st I need a tourist guide for a couple of elderly people (83 and 74) in Eindhoven. The tourist guide should meet us with his car in a meeting point in Eindhoven at about 9:30 am and will take the couple to see the city attractions - mainly museums, architecture and art attractions, resturant (for dinner) in his car. At the end of the tour at about 18:00, we should meet at a meeting point in Eindhoven to pick up the couple. Would be glad to get offers from tourist guides or recommendations about tourist guides.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 4:16 AM

Who is the rider and who is the painter?

Apeldoorn Jul 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM

In Het Loo Palace I saw an equestrian painting, and I have been unable to find out any information on who painted it or who the subject was.

"Het Loo Palace #4 - Portrait Gallery in Room #5 " - Paleis Het Loo Tip by grandmaR

28 Answers Jul 14, 2016 at 9:10 AM
    • Any place opened at 5am ?

Eindhoven Jul 7, 2016 at 8:12 AM

I'll be soon travelling to Eindhoven and my bus will arrive at 5am, and I'll need to wait 3 hours before I'm able to collect my keys. Is there any cafe or restaurant near the train station opened that early?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 8:54 AM
    • Can I get a large amount of euros after banking hours?

Amsterdam Jul 5, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Arriving @ Schipol at 21:30, I will need 400 euros that night to pay for lodging. I'm staying in a private home for 4 nights and the host has requested cash on arrival. I'm guessing that any airport bank would be closed. I have an ATM card, but I don't know if a withdrawal of that amount is allowed.

8 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 9:25 AM
    • Den Bosch - Free car parking

Den Bosch Jul 4, 2016 at 8:33 AM

Visitng Den Bosch for a few hours in early August. I'd like to find a place to park the car nearby for free. I don't mind walking 15 - 20 minutes or so.

Is there anyone familiar with Den Bosch who can reply?

Thank you for your help.

5 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 11:22 PM
    • Rotterdam - Free car park

Rotterdam Jul 4, 2016 at 6:09 AM

Visitng Rotterdam for 2 days in late August. Staying at a youth hostel at Coolsestraat 47-49, 3014 LC Rotterdam, Netherlands. I'd like to find a place to park the car nearby for free. I don't mind walking 15 - 20 minutes or so.

I did find that there was free parking on Noordereiland (41 minutes away), and Oranjeboomstraat (55 minutes away), but these are further out than I would prefer.

Is there anyone familiar with Rotterdam? Possibly there is something around Vrosenpark, or that area that would be much closer.

Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Jul 4, 2016 at 6:34 AM
    • Haarlem P&R

Haarlem Jul 3, 2016 at 1:53 PM

Visitng Haarlem for one day before returning a car in Amsterdam Need to find a place to park the car.

Could not find any place for free other than the 2 P&R places. How much is it to take the train (or woud it be a bus) from each of these P&R's to Haarlem central?

And how much to take a train from Amsterdam to Haarlem? Since another option would be to return the car in Amsterdam first, and then take a train to Haarlem.

Thanks

4 Answers Jul 4, 2016 at 9:39 AM
    • marijnissen.mario's Profile Photo

uitleg over willemstad

Willemstad Jun 26, 2016 at 8:16 AM

Willemstad (Noord-Brabant) - Wikipedia
      nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willem...
      Willemstad is een vestingstad in de gemeente Moerdijk, in de Nederlandse provincie Noord-Brabant.

1 Answer Jun 26, 2016 at 11:34 AM
    • Local cuisine restaurants.

Amsterdam Jun 15, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Dear friends, please advice any unusual restaurants with local food in Amsterdam. Do you know any special?

5 Answers Jul 17, 2016 at 1:00 AM
    • Help finding a room

Amsterdam Jun 9, 2016 at 5:57 AM

He there....does anyone know a website where I can get cheap rooms ....I am.travelling 18 to 20 June. ....my friend has let me down so I will be travelling alone.....thanks.....

13 Answers Jun 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    • must see places/things to do in netherland

Netherlands Jun 7, 2016 at 6:42 AM

Hi everyone,

The 2 of us (in our mid twenties) will be travelling to the Netherlands around Christmas this year. More precisely, we will be landing on Christmas morning!

Its our first time here so we would love some suggestions as to where to see and visit.
      We want to do the touristy things like seeing the windmills, etc, and of course try a "coffee shop" in Amsterdam. Any suggestions? =P We're not the biggest fans of museums but will like to visit one to two of the most famous ones.

Our trip is planned that we will end up in Hamburg for NYE so we have a few days to get ourselves there.
      Most likely we would be renting a car from the commute to Hamburg.

So any suggestions of an itinerary or things to do between the drive would be greatly appreciated. If there is really nothing worth seeing or doing from the drive to Hamburg, we might just take a train in that case and just rent a car when we get to Hamburg as the rest of our holiday will be touring around Germany.

Thank you all for your suggestions in advance! Ur suggestions would really help us as we really just bought our plane tickets in the moment without much concrete plans!!

Mary

10 Answers Jun 27, 2016 at 1:17 PM
    • Jesuispressee's Profile Photo

Connection to Cape Town

Schiphol Jun 7, 2016 at 6:32 AM

We arrive from Atlanta (KLM operated by Delta) into Schiphol with 90 min layover for connection to Cape Town (KLM). Just read 5 pages of horror stories of problems with construction, long lines, missing or running for flights & rude staff. I was there prior in 2010, arriving & week later departure with no problems so surprised. KLM reviews of chronic late departures & arrivals. Concerned about making connection.......carryon luggage only & GE ID if makes difference. Tks.

8 Answers Jun 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM
    • Utrecht migrant population?

Utrecht Jun 5, 2016 at 3:18 AM

I'm interested in travelling to utrecht with my girlfriend but im concerned about the recent wave of 3rd world migrants. How many of them are there? I do not want to be concerned with my girlfriends safety during my summer holiday trip. Just asking for an honest simple answer.

6 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 3:32 PM
    • Design school in Amsterdam or near Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jun 3, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Hi. I want to study interior design in Asmterdam, so I wanna know which is the best design school in Amsterdam or near Amsterdam?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2016 at 12:27 AM
    • Cost of march

Nijmegen May 24, 2016 at 12:45 AM

The Four day Nijmegen march, As an average how much would it cost an individual to participate in this event? I.E registration, accommodation, food and travel?

1 Answer May 24, 2016 at 11:44 AM
    • from wijkergouw to central station with wheelchair

Schellingwoude May 23, 2016 at 10:19 PM

Can I get to Amsterdam using bus or tram with a wheelchair?

2 Answers May 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM
    • tips required for Amsterdam family visit.

Amsterdam May 23, 2016 at 3:34 AM

Visited Amsterdam in 2004 but alone, little bit familiar with the city. I July 2016 travelling with family (3 kids, 11, 8 &4). Therefore need accurate information about hotel, Halal food, attractions and Mosque. I need help on following points:
      1. Cheap accommodation in city center. Independent room with breakfast
      2. Halal (Muslim) food places, not luxury places.
      3. Location of Mosque
      4. Tourist attractions like: windmills, landscapes, any attraction for kids, any ferry tour of the city.

9 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 12:16 AM

Name of the Cemetery

Willemstad May 19, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Does anyone know the name of the cemetery around the Dome Church (either English or Dutch or both)? I have a photo but I can't read the name on the gate, and there doesn't seem to be any information on the internet about it (except that it exists)

3 Answers May 19, 2016 at 12:30 PM
    • Friesland camping

Provincie Friesland May 17, 2016 at 4:52 AM

Is it possible to travel Friesland with a tent and hitchinking? Is it allowed to set your tent up in anywhere you want?

2 Answers May 18, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Is this the location of the Royal Palace?

Het Loo May 15, 2016 at 2:08 PM

virtualtourist.com/travel/Eu...

Because I don't see it on the map. Not all the map pointer locations on VT are accurate. Most of the Het Loo tips are written on Apeldoorn. But if this is the palace location, I'd write my information here instead?

17 Answers May 16, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Is it the Old Town Hall?

Willemstad May 14, 2016 at 7:42 AM

I have been writing tips on Willemstad, but I keep getting the Willemstad in Curacao. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the one in the Netherlands.

I have a lot of photos of a big building with a tower with a clock and a windvane.
      lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4...

Most places I look call this the Old Town Hall, but some say that Napoleon took care of the wonderful building created to store the gunpowder: the "Kruithuis". So I don't understand. Is this an old town hall that Napoleon re-purposed?

What does the windvane on the top depict?

And what are these things
      lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...

3 Answers May 14, 2016 at 12:35 PM
    • Local tour guide

Arnhem May 12, 2016 at 3:47 PM

My wife and I will be in Arnhem in August and was wondering if there is a local guide that will give a Operation Market Garden for one day. We will be coming from Amsterdam.
      Thanks,
      Bruce H.

2 Answers May 12, 2016 at 8:09 PM