VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Nérac

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Corsica in winter

Nice Dec 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Has anyone taken the ferry from Nice to Corsica? I have a few questions.
      Are restaurants, shops in geneal and points of interest open?
      What is the livliest city to visit in January or February?
      Does one need a car to get around?
      Thank you,
      Ephraim

more
    • Provence France1 week extra

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Jan 16, 2017 at 11:47 AM

I will be ending a tour of southern France on a Thursday - end of Sept 2017. The tour will include: Pont du Gard, Arles, Les Baux, and Nice. I will have 7 days (following Thursday night) to get back to Paris for return flight.
      What would be a good trip? I have not seen Monaco, Antibes, Cannes, Marseilles, Aix en Provence, Vaison la Romaine. I would not mind going to Orange again. Prefer TGV rail over driving, but could rent a car for short trips.

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Bed and breakfast.

Paris Jan 13, 2017 at 11:40 PM

Could you suggest me some nice bed and breakfast in Paris?

Thanks!

more
    • Summer holiday

France Jan 11, 2017 at 3:11 AM

Sorry to hear this site is shutting down.

I had an incredible summer honeymoon in Switzerland thanks entirely to commenters on this forum. I'm really grateful.

This question is very broad but I thought I might get lucky again!

Hoping for a may/June family holiday this year.
      Traveling with a three year old and a one year old.
      Beach, hotel, pools, nature, good food, a nice little town nearby.
      We really want it to be child friendly with food and drink readily available but not too big a complex.
      Also considering Italy and Greece, I'll post over there too.

Many thanks if you have any thoughts!
      Emma

more
    • What is the nearest train station to Bresles ?

Picardie Dec 20, 2016 at 10:37 PM

What is the nearest train station to Bresles ?
      thanks

more
    • Chinon to Chambord Wednesday afternoon

Chinon Jan 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM

What would be the best way to go from Chinon to Chambord Chateau? I will only have an afternoon.

more
    • visiting Villers Bretanneux from Paris

Paris Jan 4, 2017 at 10:22 PM

I'm keen to visit Villers Bretanneux while in Paris. I can catch a train to Amiens but need to be able to get to VB for a visit,then go to the Australian war memorial about a mile away. Any suggestions. I don't want to pay the E300 for a full tour of the Somme region. Driving isn't an option

more
    • HiliSu's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Paris Jan 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Traveling to Paris (3 days) and then to Caen (2days). Using the train system. Looking to stay close/walking distance or central point to stations. What station that would be? and any tips of what/where to stay (hotel wise) On a budget but safe area please. Thank you for your help.

more
    • jojes's Profile Photo

Paris with kids

Paris Jan 13, 2017 at 6:23 AM

Hello Paris experts ;-)

We'll be attending the U2 show in Paris on July 25 and want to add a couple of extra days in and around the city.
      I don't yet know where we'll be staying.

Our boys - who will be 9 and 11 by then - will be joining us. In fact it was their idea go along to a show and then our oldest one decided he wanted to see the Eiffeltower ... And what's a mum to do then but to buy tickets for the Stade de France then ... anything to keep the young ones happy (and now I can 'blame' them for the trip ;-) ).

We'll likely arrive there around noon on friday 21st and leave for home again on wednesday 26th.

Do any of you have a suggestion as on what kids might enjoy doing. The Eiffeltower is a must. Besides that: they don't mind a museum (as long as it doesn't take an entire day), they like history and they're not fussy about walking.
      I've read something about the sewers tour ... do you think that's worth doing with kids?

As always: thanks for your input!

more
    • Est-ce que le métro de Paris est encore dangereux?

Paris Dec 27, 2016 at 12:58 AM

Bonjour
      Mon ami et moi prévoyons d'aller à Paris dans quelques semaines. Mais parce qu'il est froid, nous voulons prendre le métro. Mais est-il sûr après tous les événements de cette année?
      Je souhaite une réponse rapide.
      Je vous remercie à l'avance!

more
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any must sees or must eats?

Carcassonne Jan 11, 2017 at 6:22 PM

We will be spending a few days in Carcassonne in May-June and have things pretty well sorted out. However, it would be nice to hear from you if you have any suggestions for things we should not miss. Also, restaurant recommendations would be welcome for Carcassonne, Narbonne, Beziers and/or Collioure.

Thanks - this could well be my last question before VT gets the deep six.

more
    • 3 wk family itinerary-please help!

France Dec 21, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Hi

Planning a three week trip next summer in France with my family (2 adults, 4 kids).
      Thoughts are as follows:
      - 4 days Paris (stay in an apartment), 3 days euro Disney (Disney hotel)
      - 1 week in mt chamonix (stay in hotel)
      - 1 week between Provence and nice (not sure how to split this. Stay in Campsites??)

Any any any advice would be highly appreciated.

more
    • psychiy's Profile Photo

Paris - scenic spots like the Alps this Feb

Paris Jan 4, 2017 at 4:58 PM

I will be in Paris this early Feb and would like to go to a scenic spot similar to the Alps. Perhaps Jungfrau Switzerland or somewhere nearer Paris or Geneva? I only have 2 days though. Our free time will be Friday the whole day until Sunday morning. We need to leave by Sunday morning (either from Paris or Geneva). Any suggestions?

more
    • Roman town ruins near Nerac

by ndeg Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Hi All
      Does anyone know of the ruins of a Roman town open to the public with cafe etc in the Nerac area. Visited the area last year with a friend but were unable to find it. Once back at base were able to find it's website online but cannot now remember what it is called and cannot seem to bring it up again no matter what search terms I use.
      Thanks
      ndeg

11 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • Past visitor to Nerac considering visiting again...

by martin.dyckhoff Online Now Jan 15, 2011 at 11:45 PM

When we visited Nerac by boat some years ago, an ice cream restaurant had just opened by the Pont Vieux on the waterfront. It had 49 flavours and a tasting plate with 10 flavours called the Rabelaisienne... Could anyone let us know whether or not the place still exists and, if so, what it is called and any details about it? It was amazing...

Many thanks
      Martin, Sarah, Lydia, Izzy and Charlie

3 Answers Jul 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    • about Nerac

by malachy Online Now Nov 22, 2004 at 4:23 AM

I have been told that Nerac and its surroundings are very beautiful and wish to pay the area a visit. I would be interested to discover where the nearest airport is, what is this area renowned for and what is the climae like?

3 Answers Jul 9, 2005 at 12:02 AM