change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• watashi's Profile Photo

Christmas in KTM?

Nepal Jul 13, 2016 at 1:57 AM

Has anyone spent Xmas in KTM and if so what is there to do? Are there bars and restaurants with music, jazz, rock? We won't be trekking so are looking for entertainment in the city. Good places to eat? Hear music, etc.

more
    • Reputable Tour Company Kathmandu

Nepal Jul 19, 2016 at 8:59 AM

I am planning to go to Everest Base Camp in March/ April 2017, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a trust worthy and reputable tour company based in Kathmandu.

Thanks,

CraigP

more
    • Should I book through a 'western' company or a local one?

Mount Everest Jul 25, 2016 at 12:36 AM

Hi,
      My boyfriend and I are planning to do Mount Everest base camp next year and have been looking into a few different companies and the price differences are quiet large. I was wondering is it best to pay the extra few $1000 or would it be better to go local and book with a Nepalese company?
      One company we were looking at was at least $2000 more each than others and we were wondering if this was necessary. We want to do the climb properly and safely but we are not precious, we camp in the bush regularly so we don't mind about roughing it.
      I would love to hear about your experiences!
      Courtney :)

more
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Annapurna Trek

Pokhara Jul 7, 2016 at 1:14 AM

Hi there!

I am traveling to Nepal in October and due to time times I am only about to do a short trek (less then a week)

I was looking at the Annapurna Panorma/ Poon Hill etc

Should I book with a tour agency before I leave or is it cheaper to do it once you arrive with a local tour agency? I found a 5 day hike for $625aud. What would the normal cost be if booking on arrival to Kathmandu or Pokhara?

Thanks!

more
    • Should I book through a 'western' company or a local one?

Mount Everest Jul 25, 2016 at 12:36 AM

Hi,
      My boyfriend and I are planning to do Mount Everest base camp next year and have been looking into a few different companies and the price differences are quiet large. I was wondering is it best to pay the extra few $1000 or would it be better to go local and book with a Nepalese company?
      One company we were looking at was at least $2000 more each than others and we were wondering if this was necessary. We want to do the climb properly and safely but we are not precious, we camp in the bush regularly so we don't mind about roughing it.
      I would love to hear about your experiences!
      Courtney :)

4 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 4:38 AM
    • Reputable Tour Company Kathmandu

Nepal Jul 19, 2016 at 8:59 AM

I am planning to go to Everest Base Camp in March/ April 2017, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a trust worthy and reputable tour company based in Kathmandu.

Thanks,

CraigP

4 Answers Jul 19, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Christmas in KTM?

Nepal Jul 13, 2016 at 1:57 AM

Has anyone spent Xmas in KTM and if so what is there to do? Are there bars and restaurants with music, jazz, rock? We won't be trekking so are looking for entertainment in the city. Good places to eat? Hear music, etc.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 10:59 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Annapurna Trek

Pokhara Jul 7, 2016 at 1:14 AM

Hi there!

I am traveling to Nepal in October and due to time times I am only about to do a short trek (less then a week)

I was looking at the Annapurna Panorma/ Poon Hill etc

Should I book with a tour agency before I leave or is it cheaper to do it once you arrive with a local tour agency? I found a 5 day hike for $625aud. What would the normal cost be if booking on arrival to Kathmandu or Pokhara?

Thanks!

8 Answers 3 hours ago
    • bus fare for taveling from kathmandu to sagarmatha zone

Mount Everest Jun 15, 2016 at 7:39 AM

how much does it cost to travel from kathmandu to sagarmatha form bus??

3 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 5:28 PM
    • QueenMeii15's Profile Photo

Best transportation Pokhara-New Delhi overland

Pokhara May 10, 2016 at 9:56 PM

Hi...is there anyone know what's the best transportation to get New Delhi from Pokhara overland?
      Regarding I'm a female and will be traveling alone in December and I don't know much about the country. I heard that going to India by passing the border in Bhairahawa is tough and many scammers?
      Please let me know about the information. Thanks

2 Answers May 11, 2016 at 12:15 PM
    • Trekking Routes

Nepal Apr 17, 2016 at 12:38 AM

Me and my buddies are planning a trek to Tsho Rolpa next month. What is the best trekking route? And what are the places that we have to look out for? Thanks.

4 Answers May 11, 2016 at 12:44 PM
    • Mont Everest Base Camp

Mount Everest Apr 8, 2016 at 4:06 AM

Hello dear mountain lovers,
      planing on hiking the EBC around 22/05/16. Is anyone else interested in joining these dates?
      I am planing to take a jeep from KTM for 30 usd to Salleri and to hike from there to Lukla (2-3 days hike).
      I found a guide which costs around 15-20 usd a person (including also his living costs); the price will be reduced the bigger the group is.
      Anyone interested in sharing costs for the guide?
      xx isabel

5 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 2:52 AM
    • Book Guide in advance or not?

Nepal Mar 16, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Hi ! we are a couple of guys thinking about doing the EBC trek in May this year.
      And we want to do it "on our own terms" so no organised trip.
      But do you have any suggestions on when/how to get in touch with any guides?
      should we just figure it out in kathmandu or is it wiser to fix it before?

//Ronnie

5 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 8:46 AM
    • NEPAL - Beautiful village to stay in for 14 days and do day trips from

Nepal Mar 14, 2016 at 2:50 AM

Hey...I am going to Nepal for one month the 3 of april and was planning to do the Annapurna Circuit. But i tripped over 3 weeks ago and are now looking for help to find a beautiful village which has lots of nice day trips where i can stay for 1-2 weeks and enjoy the village life as well.

Thanks.
      Elisabeth

6 Answers Mar 31, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    • GilbertD4's Profile Photo

tea water Nepal

Nepal Mar 6, 2016 at 3:22 AM

(tap water ) should we boil tea water 1 minutes or take you to bottled water for tea ?

4 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    • Medusa85's Profile Photo

Trekking Nepal

Nepal Feb 13, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Any suggestions on remote, challenging, low tourist area treks in Nepal? I have 3 weeks to work with and already have a guide in place. We had planned the Dolpo, but it's just way too expensive. We hiked the Nar Phu Valley/Tilicho Lake two years ago and encountered less than 10 tourists the whole time. I'm hoping to have a similar experience this time. My guide has some ideas, but thought someone here might have a wonderful trip idea to share. Thanks for any input!

3 Answers Mar 30, 2016 at 5:21 PM
    • Possible to buy fuel in Chukung?

Khumbu Himal Feb 12, 2016 at 5:57 AM

Is it possible to buy fuel for my stove (kerosene, diesel, white gas) in Chukung? Or maybe DIngboche/Pheriche?

Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 12, 2016 at 6:33 AM
    • Searching for trekking partners for Annapurna Base Camp - March

Nepal Feb 11, 2016 at 7:17 AM

Hello,

I want do to the Annapurna Base Camp trekking in March, starting around the 16th of March. If someone wants to join, send me a message.

Rebecca

3 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 8:09 AM
    • Current situation regarding TIMS cards

Khumbu Himal Feb 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Hi, I am finding different and contradicting information on this matter online:

- is it possible to pick up a TIMS card anywhere in Katmandu on a Saturday? In this case 8th Oct 2016 (I believe there is some kind of festival going on around that weekend?)
      - is it possible to buy a TIMS card somewhere after Lukla? At additional costs?

Thanks!

3 Answers Feb 9, 2016 at 10:56 PM
    • stoowie's Profile Photo

10 day east trek to the Annapurna

Annapurna Himal Feb 4, 2016 at 5:32 AM

We are a 70 year old couple in good health looking to do a 10 day trek in the Annapurna's.
      We would like to stay below 7,000 ft and do a 4-5 hour trek each day
      Can anybody suggest a good itinerary?

8 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 5:06 AM
    • Further than EBC

Mount Everest Jan 28, 2016 at 6:50 AM

First off, I'm not a mountaineer nor a skilled climber and I have no delusion of reaching the summit :D

I was wanting to trek to base camp, but from reading I'm worried that I'm going to be left craving for something more adventurous.

I'm guessing next is icefall and camp 1.
      1.) Do you need lots of experience going there?
      2.) How much more would it cost?

Thanks in advance :)

6 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 8:27 AM
    • orthogal's Profile Photo

Visa on arrival

Nepal Jan 12, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Coming to Nepal again in April from Australia....can we still obtain visas on arrival and if so, any idea of cost?
      Deciding the cheapest way, staying 3 weeks, can't wait !
      Anne

4 Answers Jan 20, 2016 at 3:26 AM
    • Looking for trekmates-trekking in March'16-Annapurna Base Camp (Nepal)-17days

Annapurna Himal Jan 9, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Hi All,

I am planning a trek to Annapurna Base Camp (Nepal)-17days in the month of March'16-April'16
      Looking for trek mates, 5-6 people (male/Female)

Travel dates are Open
      Here is a Itinerary Overview. please let me know if anyone is interested.
      write to me at minisriva at g mail dot com

Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, 1350m/4428ft.
      Day 02: Kathmandu - Pokhara (820m/2510 ft)
      Day 03: Drive to Nayapul & trek to Tikhadhunga
      Day 04: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2,850m/9,350ft). 5-6 hrs walks
      Day 05: Poon Hill & Trek to Tadapani (2,710m/8,891ft), 6-7 hrs walk
      Day 06: Tadapani to Chhomrong (2,210m/7,249 ft), 5-6 hrs walk
      Day 07: Chhomrong- Dovan-Himalayan hotel (2,600m/8,528 ft)
      Day 08: Dovan- MBC- Annapurna Base Camp 4140m: 5-6 hrs
      Day 09: ABC- to Bamboo (2,300m/7,544 ft), 5- hrs walks
      Day 10: Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1,780m/5,859 ft), 5-6 hrs walks
      Day 11: Jhinu Danda to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft), 6-7 hrs walk
      Day 12: Paragliding And sightseeing In Pokhara
      Day 13: Paragliding And sightseeing In Pokhara
      Day 14: Pokhara- Kathmandu – Evening explore Kathmandu
      Day 15: Kathmandu valley sightseeing 1350m/4428ft./ Or we can make it as additional day in ABC
      Day 16: Final Departure. – Depending on your flight, if evening flight we can visit places in Kathmandu

8 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 5:12 AM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Short treks 3-4days

Himalayas Dec 12, 2015 at 2:03 PM

HI. Looking at the posibillity of walking for 3-4 days after landing in Kathmandu With my wife.
      Where do we go from Katmandu and how much should we expect to pay for guide and accomodation. We are not looking for anything extreme but we would like to try out something on an alt of 3-400mters if possible.

6 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 8:27 PM
    • Info about Sherpani Col

Nepal Dec 10, 2015 at 1:00 AM

Hi, has anyone crossed Sherpani Col (not East Col, which is often wrongly called Sherpani; see himalaya-info.org/westcol_os... )? I'm planning to do so from West to East and have a hard time finding information about the crossing.

Cheers

Felix

• plan to visit september ABC trek

Nepal Dec 3, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Please help about below point
      1. Cost from Bangladesh
      2. 10 days possible or not ?
      3. weather condition preferable or not ?
      4. Advice something for good trekking .

3 Answers Feb 14, 2016 at 5:05 AM
    • Visit Visa

Nepal Nov 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM

May i know what are the requirements for applying a visit/tourist visa for Nepal?

11 Answers Dec 2, 2015 at 3:09 AM
    • Hiring a porter to carry things from Namche to Chukkung while trekking 3 Passes?

Khumbu Himal Nov 30, 2015 at 1:18 AM

I was wondering if it is possible (probably) and also safe to hire a porter in Namche Bazar or maybe already lukla to carry some gear to Chukkung, while I carry on to hike the 3 Passes. Later I'd pick up the gear in Chukkung for the remainder of the trip so it would have to be stored away in some lodge (which I'd be happy to stay at of course).
      Would this be feasable?

3 Answers Dec 1, 2015 at 3:24 AM
    • Everest Base Camp w/o guide

Nepal Nov 3, 2015 at 12:53 AM

Hi, I'm plannign a trip to EBC next year. Want to do it on my own without tours/guides/porters. I'm wondering if I can simply rock up there, pitch my tent and stay a night or two? Or are there any special overnight permits or similar required?
      Cheers
      F.

9 Answers Nov 5, 2015 at 12:25 AM
    • Three Passes trek w/o guide - which permits etc are required?

Nepal Nov 3, 2015 at 12:51 AM

I'm planning the Three Passes trek next year without porter or guide. However I'm getting confused as to which permits are required and how to get them? Has aynone here done this Trek (or any other in the Everest region since I assume that the regulations will be similar)?
      I'm also plannign the side trip to EBC - can I just rock up there, pitch my tent and stay a night or two?

Cheers
      F.

5 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 7:29 AM
    • Can we use Indian debit cards in Nepal?

Kathmandu Sep 21, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Dear All,

Hope you are fine.

One quick question - can we use Indian debit cards for purchases etc in Nepal, do they work in ATMs specially in Kathmandu?

Appreciate your valuable responses.

3 Answers Sep 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    • Is it safe to visit Kathmandu in Sep 2015

Kathmandu Sep 20, 2015 at 1:08 AM

Hi All,

I'm having a plan of visiting Kathmandu on 22nd Sep 2015 and staying there till 10th Oct 2015.

Considering the current political scenario, would it be fine to go there now, appreciate your kind feedback on the same.

Many thanks in advance!

17 Answers Oct 10, 2015 at 2:47 AM
    • dankydrummer's Profile Photo

Anyone want a trekking buddy?

Nepal Sep 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Hello. I am 26 years old solo traveller from Australia and I am going on an Earthquake support trek in November and I am looking for like minded travel buddies to share the experience with. If you would like to join me. Please let me know and we can chat further details and stuff. Thanks

4 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Mandiann's Profile Photo

traveling Kathmandu

Kathmandu Aug 29, 2015 at 6:19 AM

My husband has the opportunity to travel for work aiding The World Hunger Group into Kathmandu. Someone else turned the trip down because he thought travel was unsafe. What are the current conditions?

5 Answers Aug 29, 2015 at 10:55 AM