VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Nemea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

Corinth Canal

Corinth Feb 13, 2017 at 11:03 AM

First of all apologies if someone has already answered these questions. I reviewed all the reports I could find about the Corinth Canal, but some were quite old, so I am hoping to get the best current info.

I am hoping to visit the Corinth Canal around late March or early April, preferably on a day trip from Athens using public transport, a bus or a train.

My first choice would be to take a tour boat along the canal if there is one available from Isthmia or Corinth. Does anyone have any information on availability of canal tour boats? There was a youtube video clip of someone doing this sort of tour, but it is from 2009. I don't know if the tour is still available or where to get the boat if it is still operating.

youtube.com/watch?v=...

My second choice would be to see the canal from the bridge, but I'm not sure if the bus or the train would stop anywhere near the bridge. The bridge is about 9km from Corinth. Does anyone have a good suggestion for how to get to the bridge over the canal for someone using public transport?

Thanks in advance for any information on this.

more
    • esmat

by esmat Online Now Apr 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I am planning to visit Nemea shortly , just seek assistence to know about how to reach there from different locations eg. Athens airport , Lotraki, Argos since there is no hotel available in Nemea for selection .
      Is there any public tranpot , buses ? I used a bus to reach there but that was in the past and since a long time ,at that time the buses station was too closed to Omonia square , is it still located there ?
      thanks
      Esmat

1 Answer Apr 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    • B&B type accomodation

by aphro22 Online Now Sep 25, 2006 at 9:19 AM

I`m looking for an accomodation of this type in Nemea between 15 and 30 October this year. Please; send me an address or telephone, so I can talk about it with a
      disponent. I`m an early retired Swedish engineer, studying mythical landscape of Greece; just for fun. This time - places between Pheneos and Isthmos.

1 Answer Sep 25, 2006 at 11:03 AM