change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• csuresh's Profile Photo

Italy - Itinerary help

by csuresh Online Now Nov 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM

I have planned a 4 day trip to Naples and around and following is high level itinerary

Day 1: Reach Naples in night from London and stay here
      Day 2: Visit Naples and reach Sorrento in night and stay
      Day 3: Visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and return back to Sorrento for stay
      Day 4: Visit Pompei and then return to Naples to fly back

Please let know if this looks good. Day 2 - what are the key things to visit in Naples?
      We avoid public transportation and rent car mostly for convenience and cost, but wanted to take bus and train in this case considering the narrow mountain routes and traffic issues - any suggestions?
      I will travel with my wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 7) during 3 week of December. Any other tips and comments also welcome!

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Italy - Itinerary help

by csuresh Online Now Nov 9, 2016 at 5:41 AM

I have planned a 4 day trip to Naples and around and following is high level itinerary

Day 1: Reach Naples in night from London and stay here
      Day 2: Visit Naples and reach Sorrento in night and stay
      Day 3: Visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello and return back to Sorrento for stay
      Day 4: Visit Pompei and then return to Naples to fly back

Please let know if this looks good. Day 2 - what are the key things to visit in Naples?
      We avoid public transportation and rent car mostly for convenience and cost, but wanted to take bus and train in this case considering the narrow mountain routes and traffic issues - any suggestions?
      I will travel with my wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 7) during 3 week of December. Any other tips and comments also welcome!

6 Answers Nov 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM
    • What Naples neighbouring towns to visit in winter?

by gabzym Online Now Nov 1, 2016 at 3:34 AM

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are planning an 11 day New Year trip within central Italy. We are going to spend 4-5 days in Naples and its surrounding areas. We take into account that this is gonna be off season and we are wondering what neighbouring towns are worth visiting in winter? We have Pompei, Sorento, Amalfi Coast, Salerno on our preliminary list but we are not sure if this choice is the best. Do you know any other towns worth visiting or in which of these from the list there is not so much to see in winter?

And one more thing - would you recommend to stay in Naples and then have one-day trips to these towns and to keep returning to Naples to spend the night or we would rather travel to each town and stay overnight there?

Thank you so much for the answers!

3 Answers Nov 1, 2016 at 1:13 PM
    • peter1965's Profile Photo

Park & Ride Naples?

by peter1965 Online Now Sep 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM

We are planning to stay outside of Naples, and then drive part way in when we need to. Is there a good place to park where we can then easily catch a bus or metro further into the centre?

7 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 6:59 AM
    • Naples to Bari, Puglia

by irena6789 Online Now Sep 11, 2016 at 4:50 PM

My husband and I will be flying to Naples and set to drive to Bari , Puglia region
      Please advise where can we stop for lunch and stretch our legs in the nice , picturesque setting
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Sep 13, 2016 at 2:49 PM
    • cmcard2's Profile Photo

Places to stay

by cmcard2 Online Now Jul 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Looking place with view bay of Naples close to the lungomare or Chiaia district.

Any recommendations?

2 Answers Aug 3, 2016 at 3:25 AM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Chiesa di San Giacomo degli Spagnoli

by Oleg_D. Online Now May 13, 2016 at 8:32 AM

Hi anybody, Chiesa di San Giacomo degli Spagnoli or Church St. James of the Spaniards was closed on restoration when I visited Naples in August 2014. Does anybody know have that church resumed its normal work? Thank you in advance. Oleg

1 Answer May 13, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Chiesa dei Santi Severino e Sossio

by Oleg_D. Online Now May 11, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Hi anybody and especially Napolitani,
      I’m planning to visit the church of Chiesa dei Santi Severino e Sossio, Naples. Unfortunately I cannot find info on opening time. Some sources even say that visitors can visit this church only through appointment (prenotazione).
      My question is can anybody advise my how to visit this church or how to organize my visit.
      Thank you in advance. Oleg

7 Answers May 13, 2016 at 8:21 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

travel form thje airport

by ohaiyo Online Now Apr 20, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Hi,
      My B&B is near the Archaeological Museum. My flight lands at 10:30 p.m. I am a little apprehensive about making my way in an unfamiliar city at night. I know there is a shuttle from the airport that goes to Centrale. However, I have heard that Centrale is not a good area. If I take the taxi from the airport, I have heard that they rarely use the meter. What is the best way to make way from the airport to the B&B at that time of night?
      Thanks

6 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 12:27 PM
    • Safety in Naples

by Linbee Online Now Apr 11, 2016 at 7:31 AM

We will be there next week for a day, any tips on safety and best museum to visit.

18 Answers May 15, 2016 at 3:17 AM

How to get in the Capece Minutolo Chapel?

by Oleg_D. Online Now Apr 1, 2016 at 12:53 AM

Hi,
      I need to get in the Capece Minutollo Chapel of Duomo in Naples and take some photos of frescoes situated on the side walls.
      "Cappella Capece Minutollo." - Duomo - Cathedral Tip by Oleg_D.
      It is impossible to do through the bars. So, my question is (especially to citizens of Naples) - are there any tourist agencies in Naples which provide tours to Duomo with visiting Capece Minutollo Chapel?
      Any other ways to get in legally?
      Thanks in advance. Oleg

12 Answers Apr 2, 2016 at 3:25 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

any rock/hard rock cafe or bars in Naples?

by mindcrime Online Now Feb 1, 2016 at 2:14 AM

Are there any rock/hard rock cafe/pubs/bars in the center of Naples?
      not actually a night club that opens late but just a place where we can enjoy coffee or some beers later in the afternoon listening to some rock or heavy tunes

11 Answers May 16, 2016 at 10:02 AM
    • davesut's Profile Photo

Budget Car hire Shuttle service at Naples airport, how far?

by davesut Online Now Oct 28, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Anyone know the time taken to get to and from the Budget Car Rental site at Naples airport. Details I have found say 'shuttle service' - any experience anyone?
      Thanks
      Dave

1 Answer Nov 1, 2015 at 11:53 AM
    • 1 day Naples trip in January. Could anyone recommend what to do/where to go?

by isolmissbella Online Now Oct 18, 2015 at 5:55 PM

I have a day to travel Naples in Jan (Jan 3rd-4th). Would anyone recommend a travel course that I can take?

For example, I must see/hit these spots.. I know I only have one day and that is why I really wanna plan everything ahead.

I know January is not a popular time to travel Italy, but I only have vacation during those time. It would be great if anyone can offer some insights.

TIA
      Warm Regards,
      Bella Y

4 Answers Oct 24, 2015 at 12:55 AM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Left luggage in Naples train station

by fasterdog Online Now Oct 15, 2015 at 11:17 AM

I have a free day in Naples, but I will be travelling with luggage. I expect that there is a left luggage place at Napoli Centrale station, where I can leave my things while I go visiting the city, but can anyone confirm please?

3 Answers Oct 15, 2015 at 2:05 PM
    • Nice Hotel?

by stormy208 Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 6:52 AM

We will be in Naples for 6 nights to do day trips and see various sites, would like a really nice hotel to stay in close to restaurants and shopping, which hotels would you recommend?

5 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    • Public transport

by fingodav Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 2:07 AM

I am confused about the ticket system on Unico Campania..On a single journey ticket, and also on a Settimanale 7 day ticket, how do I know how far I can travel from, say, Garibaldi ? For example, I am staying near Chiaiano metro in the north of the city....will the single journey ticket (or 7 day ticket ) cover me for the whole of the journey from Garibaldi. ?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM
    • ngeiger's Profile Photo

Do the ferries take credit cards?

by ngeiger Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Trying to figure out how many Euros I need to carry around. Do the hydro ferries from Naples to Sorrento take credit cards?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 5:40 PM
    • Herculaneum

by fingodav Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to enter the boat sheds as a visitor, or at least be able to see into them ? Thanks

4 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Napoli

by TarekG Online Now Jul 27, 2015 at 12:46 AM

Hello,

Can i ask about the best night club in Napoli i mean for dancing ?

Thank you :)

1 Answer Jul 28, 2015 at 3:42 AM
    • islam.alshbrawy's Profile Photo

Three-Day visit to Naples

by islam.alshbrawy Online Now Jul 24, 2015 at 3:57 AM

I need to know what is the best that can be done for a three-day stay at Naples, Italy please. Thank you:)

6 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 12:26 PM
    • Unico Campag zones

by fingodav Online Now Jul 22, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Can someone please tell me where I can find a map (or a list) of the UnicoCampag. zones so that I can find the ticket cost for the various places I want to visit from Naples. There seems to be some zones with a "U" prefix, and some with an "N" prefix. I have found the search item on their site, but you have to enter each destination singly to find the zone....there must be a zone map somewhere ! Thanks

7 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 6:02 AM
    • Burg300's Profile Photo

Naples Transportation

by Burg300 Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Can anyone recommend a god cab service for 6 people to go to Pompey and then other sites meeting us at the cruise terminal about 4 hours

4 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    • Circovesuviana railway.

by fingodav Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 11:31 AM

I will be using the weekly travel pass biglietto settimanale in Naples. I believe that this ticket can be used on part of the circovesuviano trains, (inside the city limits) but I cannot see a map showing these limits. Can I use this ticket to go to Herculaneum, or to Pompei ? Thanks

7 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM
    • Public transport from Mergellina to Central station

by fingodav Online Now Jun 24, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Can anyone tell me where the bus route 140 terminates in Naples....it seems a convenient route from our hotel but we cannot see how near it runs to the central rail staion. Thanks

5 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • TarekG's Profile Photo

Napoli to Positano via Sorrento or Salerno ? Bus or Ferry ?

by TarekG Online Now Jun 18, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Hello,

We would like to take a day trip to Positano from Napoli , i read that we can take a train to sorrento or to salerno then bus to Positano ?

So which is better for us , to go there via Sorrento or Salerno ?

And either of them is it better to take a bus or ferry ? which way is more scenery for us "bus or Ferry"?

Also can i ask if there is a timetable that we may know when can we get back to napoli at maximum ? i mean how long can we stay there at positano ? until 9 PM or 10 PM?

Thank you in Advannce :)

5 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 10:32 AM
    • Naples public transport

by fingodav Online Now Jun 16, 2015 at 3:22 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy a 3 or 5 day pass for public transport in Naples and if so do these tickets allow travel to Herculaneum and Pompei ? Thank you

1 Answer Jun 16, 2015 at 3:40 AM
    • Taxi from Naples port to Airport

by pauldavias Online Now May 22, 2015 at 8:52 AM

I will be coming back from Ischia to Naples by ferry (beverello port) soon and I need to get to Naples Airport. Is there a taxi stand or are taxis readily available from the port? Also how much shouldn't cost? Thanks

4 Answers May 29, 2015 at 5:53 AM
    • Cruise port to Vesuvius

by tracie_chandler Online Now Apr 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM

The boat arrives in Naples on 5th May and I would like to go to Pompeii and mount Vesuvius. I don't want to go on the boat excursion as I like to amble and take my time. Please can someone advise on the best way to go about this? Bus, train etc. I would be very grateful of any suggestions. Thank you

5 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 1:53 AM
    • Ldeck3's Profile Photo

Bocelli in Reggia di Caserta

by Ldeck3 Online Now Apr 3, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I want to attend a Bocelli concert at the Garden Reggia di Caserta. Where would the best place to stay be and is there easy access or transportation?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    • Ferry service to Agropoli

by Filupo Online Now Mar 5, 2015 at 5:20 AM

We are travelling to Agropoli via Naples at the end of May. Is there a car ferry or hydrofoil ferry from Naples on Fridays or Saturdays

1 Answer Mar 5, 2015 at 10:20 AM