VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Nancy Travel Answers

change location

Sundays in Nancy

by KVartan Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Please tell me if 1) any very good restaurants are open for lunch/noontime on Sunday 2) if yes, would you please recommend one or two 3) PLEASE, what are the times for mass at the Cathedral? I have searched for hours; I would like to hear the organ, but can't find when services are held. Thank you very much!! kv

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Sundays in Nancy

by qaminari Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 5:02 PM

3) 11:15 and 18:45, see http://messesinfo.cef.fr/ - you can just fill in Nancy in the "commune" box, but postcode is 54000. Then see Cathédrale Notre Dame.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Sundays in Nancy

by ATLC Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 9:39 PM

When it comes to restaurants in France, the best recommendations come from Michelin.
    Unfortunately the only 1 star Michelin restaurant in Nancy is closed on Sundays. That's Le Grenier Sel.

Another well-recommended one is Le Capucin Gourman.
    31 rue Gambetta F - 54000 NANCY
    Telephone: 03 83 35 26 98
    Fax: 03 83 35 99 29
    E-mail: info@lecapucingourmand.fr

Closed Sunday except lunch from September to June, Saturday lunch and Monday
    Meal prices: 32€ (weekdays)/68€ - menu: 69€/95€

Comments:
    A new decor for this local institution: beige tones (wood panelling, Louis XV-style tablecloths and chairs), attractive parquet flooring and carved mouldings. Up-to-date cuisine.

More restaurants at www.viamichelin.com. Put in 54000 NANCY and hit the Michelin Restaurant Guide button. You'll get a list and a map.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines