VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Nan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• stay in another place

Krabi Feb 5, 2017 at 4:12 AM

hi i am visiting krabi in november and would like to stay a couple of nights somewhere else besides phi phi any sugestions as have to travel back to krabi so not too far

more
    • gaolei's Profile Photo

King's Burial

Bangkok Jan 23, 2017 at 3:26 PM

I was told that the king is about to be buried or cremated this or next week. Is this true? I also heard everyone must wear dark, black, clothes to show respect to the king? So how far is this going? I am sure we will need to dress appropriately at the grand palace, but the travel tour leader that we talked to by phone said respectful clothes are required throughout Thailand. In the past, tourist areas were exempt from this. What places are covered by this? Thanks!

more
    • Train ride from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.

Thailand Feb 10, 2017 at 12:47 AM

We have heard about and want experience train ride to go from Bakgkok to Chiang Mai. Need advice on which train (time) cost as compared to bus and any other details someone thinks important. Thanks very much.

more
    • superpug's Profile Photo

Night time temperatures in March

Thailand Jan 23, 2017 at 6:08 AM

Hi there,

I will be in Thailand for 2 weeks from 3rd March. Bangkok, Khao Sok National Park and Ko Yao Yai island in the South. I know the days will be hot, I'm wondering how cold it gets at night. Would rather not bring a bulky jacket as I'm backpacking and trying to pack as light as possible. Will I get away with a light sweater?

Thanks for any answers :)

more
    • Tidak's Profile Photo

any ide from pattaya to this island koh kham

Pattaya Jan 31, 2017 at 1:53 AM

any ide from from pattaya pier to koh kham island ? google.com.ph/maps/dir/patta...

thank you

more
    • bus from Nan to Bangkok

by judabenhur Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Dear Beebah, what about the other wau arround, so from Nan to Bangkok. What would be the most easy and comfortable way to trafel . We like to leave Nan Province at the 12th of Januari, but i do need your enwser quickly, sorry for that.

Thanx so much alredy.

Regards

Huub and Proy

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
    • Dunks71's Profile Photo

Bus from Nan to Chiang Rai ?

by Dunks71 Online Now May 5, 2006 at 7:06 PM

Hi,

Having searched a few sites, I can't find any mention of a Nan - Chiang Rai bus service. Only Chiang Mai services seem to run.

Any info on this?!

Many Thanks,

Dunks71

P.S. Replies Saturday May 6th appreciated as I only have today to book proposed flight Chiang Rai - Bangkok later this month - ta !

• changkt's Profile Photo

Is there a direct bus from Nan to Luang Prabang?

by changkt Online Now May 15, 2005 at 7:00 PM

I read the Bangkok Post on the Internet a few months ago about the launch of regular bus services plying the Nan-Luang Prabang route, so can foreigners enter Laos from Nan now?

2 Answers May 18, 2006 at 11:05 PM
    • namhsan's Profile Photo

Rafting / guesthouse

by namhsan Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 4:55 AM

Hello Can anybody recommend - the rafting tour from Nan - a guesthouse Thanks. Béatrice

1 Answer Aug 29, 2006 at 11:54 PM