VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Nan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is there any. Spiritual places

Phuket Jan 9, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Hi is there any places that you could go and meditate as my daughter. Likes the spiritual side of things. Thanks

more
    • snozzau's Profile Photo

Overnighter

Ko Lanta Dec 31, 2016 at 8:03 PM

People,
      Whats a good hotel on the beach nearby the ferry terminal.
      We have an overnight stay to catch a ferry further south to Koh mook.
      And wat does a cab or taxi or watever charge to get there.
      Cheers,
      Scott

more
    • Meditation

Krabi Jan 9, 2017 at 9:43 AM

Hi is there anywhere where you can meditate as my daughter. Is into the spiritual side of things thanks

more
    • MikeySoft's Profile Photo

Time to clear customs at DMK airport Bangkok

Thailand Jan 5, 2017 at 7:01 PM

About how long will it take to clear customs at Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport (DMK)? We will be arriving on a Thursday at 10:15 am in a few weeks using Thai AirAsia X Airbus 330. We already have Thai 60 days visa in our passports. Thanks.

more
    • taxi or bus? which is better? and the cost £££ from phuket airport to patong beach?

Thailand Jan 4, 2017 at 12:36 PM

I'm flying from Bangkok to phuket next week, and on my arrival i have to take a taxi or bus to patong?, can u guys give some advice? which is better taxi or a bus? thanks a lot in advance :)

more
    • marcusmoore11's Profile Photo

Solo traveler- looking for friends

Bangkok Dec 21, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Hello, I am planning to visit Bangkok for Songkran 2017 (April 13-16) and I will be traveling alone.. Are there any locals on here that live there or will be there around that time that could possibly show me around?

more
    • Is it better to take English money or baht

Thailand Jan 6, 2017 at 6:59 PM

Hi I am going to Bangkok Phuket and Krabi which is the best currency to take English. Pound or baht which is better rate

more
    • Hot Springs

Krabi Dec 23, 2016 at 7:46 AM

And suggestions for Hot Springs near Krabi?

more
    • Nighting_Gail's Profile Photo

Exchanging euro for Thai Bhat

Thailand Jan 2, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Should I change money before I fly to Thailand? Or would I get a better rate on arrival at airport in Thailand?

more
    • Seeking for Private driver tour

Bangkok Dec 18, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Hello
      I am planing to visit Bangkok Damnoen saduak floating market and Maeklong Railway train market in February so I am looking for tour guide that is not soooo expensive. If you have any contact please share with me.

Tnx

more
    • Where is it good weather in south of Thailand ?

Thailand Dec 20, 2016 at 1:24 AM

Hi
      How's the weather in the south of Thailand ? I Wanted to go to Krabi but it's seems to be raining everywhere in the whole south ??

more
    • Sinosphere's Profile Photo

Drive in Thailand without an international driving licence?

Thailand Dec 19, 2016 at 6:36 AM

Hello!

I've a special demand this time to visit Thailand. I'm french if it's not written on my page and I'm renewing my driving licence after I lost it in a train... The administration in INCREDIBLY slow and I'm not sure if my national french driving licence will be ready on time before I go to Thailand... Plus if I have to make an INTERNATIONAL driving licence which is going to take 2 extra weeks... Needless to say I'm in a hurry.

I know it's not legal to use only my FRENCH driving licence (if I've it on time!) but I wanted to rent a car (through the agency Thai Rent A Car for example)... But do you know if those rental cars companies ask to see your INTERNATIONAL driving licence at the offices when you come to get the car or is it ok if you just show your own national driving licence?

I'm not talking about the fines if I encounter a picky Thai policeman, it's ok I can deal with it. But can I rent a car in Thailand simply with my NATIONAL driving licence?

Thank you a lot! :)

more
    • Accomodation and location

Bangkok Dec 27, 2016 at 1:59 PM

I am going to bangkok in august for the first time and would like some advice on places to stay and best areas for shopping and nearest to traind etc. do not want luxury stay .

more
    • Where to change money safely (+ good rates if possible) in Bangkok?

Bangkok Dec 22, 2016 at 2:32 AM

Hello,

I will visit Bangkok next month, and I'm a bit afraid of all the money exchange related scams. What are some money changers in Bangkok who are trustworthy and offer good rates?

Thank you!

more
    • bus from Nan to Bangkok

by judabenhur Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Dear Beebah, what about the other wau arround, so from Nan to Bangkok. What would be the most easy and comfortable way to trafel . We like to leave Nan Province at the 12th of Januari, but i do need your enwser quickly, sorry for that.

Thanx so much alredy.

Regards

Huub and Proy

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
    • Dunks71's Profile Photo

Bus from Nan to Chiang Rai ?

by Dunks71 Online Now May 5, 2006 at 7:06 PM

Hi,

Having searched a few sites, I can't find any mention of a Nan - Chiang Rai bus service. Only Chiang Mai services seem to run.

Any info on this?!

Many Thanks,

Dunks71

P.S. Replies Saturday May 6th appreciated as I only have today to book proposed flight Chiang Rai - Bangkok later this month - ta !

• changkt's Profile Photo

Is there a direct bus from Nan to Luang Prabang?

by changkt Online Now May 15, 2005 at 7:00 PM

I read the Bangkok Post on the Internet a few months ago about the launch of regular bus services plying the Nan-Luang Prabang route, so can foreigners enter Laos from Nan now?

2 Answers May 18, 2006 at 11:05 PM
    • namhsan's Profile Photo

Rafting / guesthouse

by namhsan Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 4:55 AM

Hello Can anybody recommend - the rafting tour from Nan - a guesthouse Thanks. Béatrice

1 Answer Aug 29, 2006 at 11:54 PM