change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• timetravlinmama's Profile Photo

Tromsø, one week in winter ?

Troms Region Sep 4, 2016 at 8:42 AM

The best flights from where I live in US are routing me through Oslo then to Tromsø for one week (February). Are there things to do in Tromsø for a week (if NL are not visible ) ? Is it better to just stay a few days in Tromsø then travel to another city in Scandinavia?

Is it recommended to pack one's own gear for the NL excursions or go with a provider who has the equipment? I come from a warm climate so wondering if just one NL excursion might be best or are the temps manageable with appropriate gear?

How are flights in and out of Tromsø (weather delays)?

Getting around Tromsø what are recommended boots for walking if icy ?

more
    • Snow Tromsø with new year

Tromsø Sep 2, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Hello,

I would like tot ask, if there is a lot of snow on the time when i will go to Tromsø (29th of december till the 4th of january). I hope someone with experiences around this time want to response at me.
      I will apologise myself for my bad English

Greetings

more
    • Car Rentals

Tromsø Sep 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Hi all, I would like to rent a car in Tromso.
      Are there any companies willing to rent to me if my driving licence has been held for less than 1 year? I possess a valid International Driving Permit.

I am open to suggestions, thanks in advance!

more
    • Coffee in Myrdal

by GeorgeS80 Online Now Apr 28, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Can we buy coffee in Myrdal station or nearby?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2016 at 3:29 AM
    • Bike rental

by ShelleyM12 Online Now Mar 15, 2016 at 1:24 PM

I am trying to find a place that will allow us to rent bikes in Myrdal and ride back to Flam. We will only be in Flam one day, July 22nd and when I checked the Flam Railway and Bike Package, it indicated that there was no availability, so I'm trying to find out if there are other options.

1 Answer Mar 26, 2016 at 12:07 AM
    • mirchica's Profile Photo

Tickets at the station

by mirchica Online Now Jan 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Hello VT-ers,

I'm traveling from Oslo to Flam and I have already purchased a ticket to Myrdal. I'll have to buy a ticket to Flam from the Myrdal station but as I saw in the website nsb.no/stations_kn/myrdal-st... there is no vending machine nor staff at the station. I guess in this way I have to buy it from the train but I'm not sure as it is a tourist train. If I have to take it from the train should I pay another 20 NOK as there is no vending machine at the station?
      And also if the train from Oslo has a delay for some reason, will the train to Flam wait for the passengers (normally there are 16 minutes between both trains).

Thanks a lot!
      Mira

4 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM