My Tho

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fish Pollution in Central Vietnam

Vietnam Jul 22, 2016 at 10:08 AM

I have been reading about the current (June 30th 2016) fish pollution situation happening in Central Vietnam. I was hoping someone who was recently there (June or July 2016) can let me know how safe it is to eat and travel in Hue, Da Nang, and Hoi An.

I would hate to plan a trip about these cities and have to avoid seafood and the beaches.

more
    • Trying Hai Au seaplane for a sightseeing tour at Halong Bay.

Hanoi Jul 12, 2016 at 7:25 PM

I'm going to visit Halong Bay in the next month ( early August). I've heard that having a scenic flight over Halong Bay is the must-tried experienced if you were to visit Ha Long. I wonder is it that good? Should I try it ? because my budget is not much, so i have to consider carefully about it. Also Is the direct flight from Hanoi to Halong worth the money? Because it only takes me 45 minutes rather than 4 hours on a bus. If you tried it, please give me some pieces of advice. Thanks !

more
    • keong64's Profile Photo

11 days backpack trip from Hue toward south Ho Chi Minh from 17-27 July

Vietnam Jul 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM

I am budget type lone traveller. Do you think I have enough time to cover these places ( Hue - Hoi Ann - Nha Trang - Da Lat - Muine - Ho Chi Minh or to to skip 1 or 2 places, I understand it is a rush journey..
      My flight arrive Danang Mid noon and I intend to go Hue first. Any suggestion to get the cheapest transpotation from Danang Airport to Danang Town bus station then I take a local bus to Hue.

more
    • Taking Currency

Vietnam Jul 12, 2016 at 11:01 AM

As a UK national,will be visiting Hoi An in early August, arriving from KL. Is it best to have a mixture of Dong and US Dollars? I've a pre paid Fairfx currency card too.

more
    • KomalA's Profile Photo

Vietnam- Short trip

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 5, 2016 at 1:08 AM

Hello!
      I'm going for a 3 days tour to Vietnam, please suggest places to visit and what is the easy n cheap way to travel from Ho chi min to Hanoi?

Thanks.

more

Near My Tho

• My Tho too touristy?

by Bobmagicwine Online Now Mar 5, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Hello!

I'm leaving for my first trip to Vietnam next week :-). I read a review which stated: "the trip to My Tho is nothing but a tourist trap " - and it's not a real experience, as it is all created for tourists.

What is your reply & thoughts to that? If you agree, are there 2D,1N Mekong Delta tours that skip this and still remain very good?

Thanks,
      Bob

13 Answers May 8, 2016 at 7:56 PM
    • Cost of taxi from Ho Chi Minh airport to My Tho

by ETNordic Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Approximately how much would a taxi (for two persons) cost from Ho Chi Minh Airport to central My Tho? We will be landing at a time when the last bus of the day has already gone.

3 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    • Swimming pool

by hbatchelor Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Is there a public swimming pool in My Tho or even a hotel with a swimming pool?

4 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 2:26 AM
    • Boating around My Tho!

by alexlaurance Online Now Sep 13, 2007 at 3:35 AM

Are the boats clean? DSo you spend your whole holiday on the boat or do you stop overnight at hostels?

1 Answer Mar 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    • eagles_creek's Profile Photo

Guesthouse

by eagles_creek Online Now Dec 10, 2005 at 2:50 PM

Ok, i guess i'm gonna be the first to ask a question here, so here it goes...

Anybody has any recommendations for a budget guesthouse in My Tho?
      Say maybe5-10USD per night?

I know most travellers come to My Tho on a day trip from Saigon, but i thinking of doing it myself.

Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM