Murud

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 9, 2017 at 7:01 PM

I happened to have a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone (USA) that I plan to travel to India with. I have heard that the frequencies used by Indian carriers for GSM-2, 3 may be different from the ones supported by Samsung S3.
      Would there be someone who is using a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone in India and knows that it works. Thanks.

John.
      Samsung S3 Specs. :
      gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/s...

more
    • Getting a sim card for a cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM

I am wondering how easy/difficult would it be to get a sim card, perhaps at the Mumbai airport itself. I have all the necessary id's such as my North American passport, Driver's license, Credit card. Having access to a phone would be a definite asset. Any information in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Availability of Indian currency.

Mumbai Jan 4, 2017 at 6:22 PM

I plan to visit India for a three week period. I realize there is a currency crunch at this time (Jan. 4th 2017 today) in India. I am wondering if ATM machines in Mumbai have started dispensing out the cash? I have a couple of USA credit cards and a US Bank ATM card. Will it be a grim situation for me? I also have a couple of hundred US Dollars in cash with me. Any suggestion (short of don't come) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more