Munich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rental transportation

by travelin-man Online Now Nov 16, 2016 at 3:58 AM

I will be leading a group of 12 Japanese to Munich, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg, Zillertal, and Viellach for about ten days in September, 2017. The largest rental vehicles I have found are 9-passenger vans. Is there a larger rental van available that would accommodate our group? Thanks!

more
    • Englello's Profile Photo

Things to do?

by Englello Online Now Nov 25, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Hey all i have around 3 days in Munich before moving to Innsbruck . What should is see first of alll and what kind of transportation is it better to use ? I Will be there in Mid March?
      Regards thx u

more
    • Englello's Profile Photo

Things to do?

by Englello Online Now Nov 25, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Hey all i have around 3 days in Munich before moving to Innsbruck . What should is see first of alll and what kind of transportation is it better to use ? I Will be there in Mid March?
      Regards thx u

7 Answers Nov 27, 2016 at 3:50 PM
    • Rental transportation

by travelin-man Online Now Nov 16, 2016 at 3:58 AM

I will be leading a group of 12 Japanese to Munich, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg, Zillertal, and Viellach for about ten days in September, 2017. The largest rental vehicles I have found are 9-passenger vans. Is there a larger rental van available that would accommodate our group? Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 17, 2016 at 2:39 AM
    • Activities in Munich, Germany

by Margcramsay Online Now Sep 30, 2016 at 5:09 AM

We are in Munich and have March 15th to March 17th free, (joining a tour on the 17th evening) and would like to visit the Concentration Camp, Neuschwanstein Castle and a Beer Hall? Does anyone have suggestions regarding transportation, tours, etc. We are staying at Sheraton Munich Arabellapark

4 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 4:41 AM
    • Cell Phone sim and Data plan

by Margcramsay Online Now Sep 30, 2016 at 5:04 AM

Could someone recommend the best type of SIM and 1 GB data plan to purchase for if I am traveling to Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia? I have the unlocked iphone for Europe and will be there for two weeks and would like to be able to upload pictures without worrying about roaming charges.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2016 at 3:43 PM
    • Transportation - Munich Airport to Sheraton Munich Arabellapark hotel

by Margcramsay Online Now Sep 30, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Could I get instructions from Munich Airport to Sheraton Munich Arabellapark hotel by train (including how and where to purchase tickets for 2 adults) arriving mid morning March 15th? We will be traveling by pubic transportation until March 17th is there a specific train ticket we should purchase for the 3 days that could save on costs? We plan to visit the Concentration Camp, a Beer Hall and a Castle.

1 Answer Sep 30, 2016 at 6:04 AM
    • jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Munich Layover

by jmpncsu Online Now Sep 8, 2016 at 6:31 AM

We have a eight hour layover in Munich. Was wondering if there's anything nearby to kill some time instead of sitting in the airport. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Sep 8, 2016 at 11:18 AM
    • How to get to the airport for 6am

by mewberry645 Online Now Aug 25, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Hello
      I need to get to the airport for my 7am flight and I would like to go from Station Laim. Are there any trains that go to the airport this early?
      Thanks

8 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    • First Trip to Munich this December!!!

by LizGrosskopf Online Now Aug 10, 2016 at 8:18 AM

Hi all. You guys seem to have some great suggestions, so please help me out with a few ideas. We have 8 days there and we love adventures!!! Willing to drive up to 4-5 hours to get anywhere fun.
      1. Best car to rent in Munich for the winter? We plan on doing a few day trips and I am not familiar with the cars that you can rent.
      2. We plan on going to Neuschwanstein Castle. Any other must see places to go to around there?
      3. Favorite restaurants?
      4. Anyone every do a day trip down to Italy? I know its like a 4-5 drive down. Is it doable in the winter? The Hubby really wants to get pasta in Italy!!! Kind of thinking about Verona. We are willing to spend a night there if it is worth it.
      5. Christmas Markets! I love Christmas and want to go to the best markets.
      Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anything and everything will be considered.
      Thank you.

6 Answers Aug 15, 2016 at 2:02 PM
    • cagey429's Profile Photo

Customs in Munich for transit fliers?

by cagey429 Online Now Aug 6, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Travelling to Romania from the States via Munich (MUC) airport. Do I go through Customs in Munich or Romania? I have less than an hour between flights arriving and departing in terminal 2.

11 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Late Night Train Departure

by theflickguy Online Now Jul 22, 2016 at 7:14 PM

We will be leaving our last night in Munich on a very late night train (11:30 PM), which makes for a very long day without a hotel room or place to relax for the latter part of our day. Can anyone suggest somewhere that we can "camp out" for a few hours before our departure, such as late-night spot near the Hauptbahnhof?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2016 at 7:22 AM
    • polo48's Profile Photo

A central hotel?

by polo48 Online Now Jul 22, 2016 at 1:56 AM

We are seeking recommendations for a centrally located hotel in Munich for our first visit.
      We shall stay 3 days in early September. Something mid-priced would be ideal.
      Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 23, 2016 at 7:56 AM
    • Public Transportation

by mitchpagan Online Now Jul 18, 2016 at 6:15 AM

I am a little confused regarding the City Tour Card and MVV. Our main purpose is to visit the museums in Munich. The Public Bus Line 100 as I understand stops at all museums. Is this bus like the hop on hop off bus where you are able to get off at one museum and back on to travel to another museum on the same ticket, or should we purpose the City Tour Card or MVV? Appreciate your answers. Thank you......................

4 Answers Jul 25, 2016 at 7:07 AM
    • Public Transportation

by travelin-man Online Now Jul 9, 2016 at 7:37 AM

What is the best way to get from the Munich International airport to Berchtesgaden?
      Also is it possible to hike from Berchtesgaden to the far end of König See, then catch the boat back to Berchtesgaden?
      Is there a hostel in Berchtesgaden?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 3:42 AM
    • Salzburg and return

by kazrose56 Online Now Jun 15, 2016 at 5:07 AM

I will be in Munich on 12th and 13th July. I want to spend a day in Salzburg and have tentatively booked a hotel there for the night of the 14th. I am also booked on a flight from Munich to Berlin at 8.20am on 15th with Air Berlin. How early would I have to leave Salzburg to get to Munich Airport for bag drop? Or would it be better for me to travel back to Munich night before. I have a Mozart concert I want to attend in Salzburg in the evening also.

4 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    • luciaguimaraes's Profile Photo

Staying in Munich at a camping with a dog

by luciaguimaraes Online Now Jun 14, 2016 at 5:08 AM

Where to stay in Munich in a camping that rents a caravan for 3 people and a dog?
      Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 6:58 AM
    • Neuschwanstein Castle

by mitchpagan Online Now May 21, 2016 at 6:21 AM

I have a tour reservation for Neuschwanstein Castle at 13:55. Is it possible to visit Linderhof Palace from Neuschwanstein Castle the same day and take the train back to Munich? If so, I would like to have train directions from the Castle to Linderhof and then back to Munich. Thank you so much..............

12 Answers Jun 19, 2016 at 11:12 PM
    • Munich to Berlin night train or flight

by kazrose56 Online Now May 16, 2016 at 5:51 PM

I need some advice whether to fly from Munich to Berlin on 14/7 and book accommodation on 14/15 in Berlin or take night train late on 14th and arrive early in Berlin on 15th so saving on one nights accommodation. Cost comparison and experience on night trains would be very helpful. I am a female travelling solo around Europe..thanks

4 Answers May 17, 2016 at 10:16 AM
    • Zugspitze Peak or Eagle's Nest?

by mitchpagan Online Now May 9, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Been doing some research on the above and cannot decide which attraction we should see. Also, a tour or go on our own. Thanks again for your help..........

4 Answers May 10, 2016 at 5:04 AM
    • 8 hours layover at Munich airport

by ayethetraveller Online Now May 6, 2016 at 4:32 PM

We have a 8 hour layover in Munich in a couple days. Please advise what we should see and do in Munich. We will be arriving around 1:00pm.
      Thanks in advance!

2 Answers May 7, 2016 at 9:51 AM
    • train line

by amilne Online Now May 6, 2016 at 1:43 PM

How long in train from munich to bergesgaden

2 Answers May 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM
    • German Rail Pass?

by mitchpagan Online Now May 5, 2016 at 5:11 AM

I am thinking of purchasing the rail pass for 1st class 4 days in a month. I would use this pass for getting from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle, Linderhof Palace, also one way from Munich to Dusseldorf and one way from Dusseldorf to Hamburg airport. Does the pass include all types of trains and busses? The price of the German Rail Pass is $510.00 for two of us. Thank you..............

9 Answers May 8, 2016 at 6:39 AM
    • Bus travel

by mitchpagan Online Now Apr 29, 2016 at 6:59 AM

I tried researching bus travel to Linderhof Palace from Munich Central Station. It says there are no schedules. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I found train directions to Neuschwanstein Castle very easily. Should we take tours to these sights or go on our own? Thank you..............

4 Answers May 4, 2016 at 4:27 PM
    • Apartment area

by mitchpagan Online Now Apr 13, 2016 at 6:57 AM

The apartment I am looking at is located 50 m to subway Konigsplatz on Dachauer Str. in Munich. Is this a good area? My son and I will be traveling to Munich in August. If you have any other suggested areas to stay, please let me know. Thank you. Kind regards...........

4 Answers Apr 27, 2016 at 6:21 AM
    • Best way to get from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle??

by arjun1997 Online Now Apr 11, 2016 at 12:24 AM

Hey,

I want to know the best way to get from Munich to Neuschwanstein castle using bus or train.

2 Answers Apr 11, 2016 at 1:18 AM
    • Transfers from Munich train station

by kerrem Online Now Feb 24, 2016 at 9:11 PM

WE are arriving by train and will require transfers to our accommodation, any suggestions. Thanks

9 Answers Feb 26, 2016 at 6:14 AM
    • Newbies to Munich ... What should we do?!

by Amyharris90 Online Now Jan 27, 2016 at 2:45 AM

Myself and 2 girl friends will be travelling to Munich 3rd-5th March 2016.

Is there anything we must see in our time there? We like a mix of sight seeing, and bars/restaurants in the evening. We like quirky or hidden places that some tourists may not know about.

Where is best to stay? Particular areas etc?

Any other tips or hints?

Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 30, 2016 at 6:16 AM
    • Is Munich safe now?

by mikitourist Online Now Nov 27, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Hello, I should arrive on Munich on early december for few days for Christmas markets. I know that it is one of the safetiest city in Europe, but I don`t know how safe is Munich after terror attacks in Paris. Is it dangerous to visit Munich now? especially in public areas such as Christmas markets, churches, public transports, trains? Are there police and army to care of people? I think to cancel my trip, but any advice is welcome and will help me to make a decisions. Thank you!

20 Answers Nov 30, 2015 at 4:53 AM
    • Used SKI and Snowboards

by okropiri Online Now Nov 25, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Where and how can I buy used SKI & Snobwoard Stuff near Munich? in Germany. I need bunch of stuff. like about a dozen of ski pairs and several snowboards and also a skiing equipment

1 Answer Nov 25, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • Tips for visiting "Neuschwanstein Castle"!

by irene1166 Online Now Nov 23, 2015 at 4:56 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Marbach am Heckar on Dec. 3, 2015 and stay there for the night. We plan to leave the city in the afternoon of Dec. 4, 2015. Originally we plan to take the train from Marbach to Munich, trying to find a hotel near Marienplatz. Then we plan to join a day tour on Dec. 5, 2015 to visit Neuschwanstein Castle. We will be leaving Munich on Dec. 6, 2-015 and back to USA. I was just thinking whether we can take the train to the nearest hotel close Neuschwanstein Castle and stay there for the night. Then visit Neuschwanstein Castle for the morning and catch a train to get to Munich, Germany. Can any one suggest traveling ideas for our trip? Which way will be better to do? We don't speak German. If we rent a car, we are not familiar with the road and signs. So renting a car can be very challenging. Also, can you suggest what hotel to stay near "Neuschwanstein Castle" and hotels to stay in Munich, maybe close to Marienplatz? or good location that we can get a glimpse of Munich night life in the evening of Dec. 4 or Dec. 5, 2015?  Thank you in advance.   

Irene

3 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 1:39 PM
    • Restaurant reccommendation

by Howt Online Now Nov 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM

I have 11 people coming to Munich for the 1st weekend of the Christmas markets. I need to find a restaurant for the Saturday night that could accommodate 12 ladies, either Thai, Vietnamese or Italian in Schwabing or in Sendling tor. I would like the restaurant to near the atmosphere of these areas and close to bars afterwards. Can anyone recommend a place that will take reservation got 12 person. Thanks

1 Answer Nov 18, 2015 at 9:02 AM