VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Mumbai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cell phone.

by J45C Online Now Jan 9, 2017 at 7:01 PM

I happened to have a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone (USA) that I plan to travel to India with. I have heard that the frequencies used by Indian carriers for GSM-2, 3 may be different from the ones supported by Samsung S3.
      Would there be someone who is using a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone in India and knows that it works. Thanks.

John.
      Samsung S3 Specs. :
      gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/s...

more
    • Getting a sim card for a cell phone.

by J45C Online Now Jan 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM

I am wondering how easy/difficult would it be to get a sim card, perhaps at the Mumbai airport itself. I have all the necessary id's such as my North American passport, Driver's license, Credit card. Having access to a phone would be a definite asset. Any information in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Availability of Indian currency.

by J45C Online Now Jan 4, 2017 at 6:22 PM

I plan to visit India for a three week period. I realize there is a currency crunch at this time (Jan. 4th 2017 today) in India. I am wondering if ATM machines in Mumbai have started dispensing out the cash? I have a couple of USA credit cards and a US Bank ATM card. Will it be a grim situation for me? I also have a couple of hundred US Dollars in cash with me. Any suggestion (short of don't come) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Cell phone.

by J45C Online Now Jan 9, 2017 at 7:01 PM

I happened to have a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone (USA) that I plan to travel to India with. I have heard that the frequencies used by Indian carriers for GSM-2, 3 may be different from the ones supported by Samsung S3.
      Would there be someone who is using a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone in India and knows that it works. Thanks.

John.
      Samsung S3 Specs. :
      gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/s...

1 Answer Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 PM
    • Getting a sim card for a cell phone.

by J45C Online Now Jan 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM

I am wondering how easy/difficult would it be to get a sim card, perhaps at the Mumbai airport itself. I have all the necessary id's such as my North American passport, Driver's license, Credit card. Having access to a phone would be a definite asset. Any information in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

3 Answers Jan 7, 2017 at 1:28 AM
    • Availability of Indian currency.

by J45C Online Now Jan 4, 2017 at 6:22 PM

I plan to visit India for a three week period. I realize there is a currency crunch at this time (Jan. 4th 2017 today) in India. I am wondering if ATM machines in Mumbai have started dispensing out the cash? I have a couple of USA credit cards and a US Bank ATM card. Will it be a grim situation for me? I also have a couple of hundred US Dollars in cash with me. Any suggestion (short of don't come) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

3 Answers Jan 5, 2017 at 10:35 AM
    • What's to do outside Mumbai?

by TravelSue1 Online Now Dec 5, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I have a couple of days to travel outside the city and see the surrounding areas. Any advice on where I should head?

3 Answers Dec 8, 2016 at 2:23 AM
    • how do i post a question about a travel tip i need help with

by dianewanderer Online Now Sep 25, 2016 at 6:14 PM

I'll be arriving at Mumbai International Airport at 02:30am and want to grab a cheap tuk tuk to a nearby hotel (that I've already booked). How/Where can i find a tuk tuk?

7 Answers Oct 14, 2016 at 3:06 AM
    • Snooker Halls?

by Mango121 Online Now Sep 8, 2016 at 3:43 PM

I'll be in Mumbai soon and am looking for some good snooker halls.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 14, 2016 at 11:51 PM
    • Terminal M Kuala Lumpur Airport

by Smitasweetu17 Online Now Aug 30, 2016 at 5:27 AM

Can I ask a similar question here also.I am travelling from mumbai(IND) to kualalumpur in Malaysia airlines,arriving at 7:45 am at terminal M. I have connecting malaysia airlines to auckland departing at terminal M ,9 Am . I have 1 hr 20 min of gap. is it possible to get between both , i guess the luggage will be moved along in airline itself

2 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 4:12 AM
    • I'll be for 12 hours on Mumbai airport on transit to Japan and 17 hours on our way back to Paris

by MrJulliani Online Now Aug 5, 2016 at 10:28 AM

My question is, if it's safe to grab a pre-paid taxi to the city and if we have sufficient time to do it. On the 17 hours stop it will be at night and we need a hotel to stay for a few hours of sleep. What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance

6 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 2:39 AM
    • How much money is required on a 8 day trip to Russia

by PoojaC Online Now Jul 5, 2016 at 3:04 AM

hey hello.. if i am travelling to Moscow & St. Petersbug in August. My flights and hotels are booked.
      how much money would i need on an average daily for eating , exploring nightlife and sightseeing .

thank u in advance :-)

4 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 5:17 PM
    • Plan guide to Mumbai

by rajkanthm Online Now Jun 6, 2016 at 3:59 AM

I will be planning to Mumbai with my family (2 adults+2 kids) in next week from Hyderabad, will spend time approx. 3-4 days, please guide me about planner & attractions...

1 Answer Jun 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM
    • Travel itenary from mumbai

by DhivyaR Online Now May 12, 2016 at 4:19 AM

I want to travel from Mumbai-Kolhapur-Pandharpur in one stretch please suggest me a good itenary for two days I need to take my family especially my grandfather and grandmother who are above 60 so please suggest accordingly.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM
    • Copper hammered thali set

by vaidya Online Now Mar 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Where can I buy a Copper hammered thali set?
      I'll be in Mumbai in May for a couple of days.
      Good quality!
      Thank you
      Paul

1 Answer Apr 3, 2016 at 6:01 PM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Airport prepaid taxis

by worksopian Online Now Mar 30, 2016 at 8:41 AM

How much should I expect to pay for a pre paid taxi?

Are they safe?

6 Answers Apr 16, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Airport prepaid taxis

by worksopian Online Now Mar 30, 2016 at 8:41 AM

How much should I expect to pay for a pre paid taxi?

Are they safe?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Mumbai Surburban rail system

by worksopian Online Now Mar 28, 2016 at 11:26 AM

I would like to consider using the local rail network mainly on the harbour line.

Is it safe for tourists?

Is it overcrowded after 11am?

Are station signs in the roman alphabet?

Is it difficult/easy to use?

Can tickets be bought easily from stations like Andheri east and CST?

Thanks

Ian

6 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 7:04 AM
    • Travel agent in Mumbai

by xelinin Online Now Mar 27, 2016 at 3:01 AM

That opinion have over this organizing agency of trips to India and Nepal?
      https://indianprive.wordpress.com

4 Answers Sep 27, 2016 at 10:17 AM
    • Visiting Amalfi

by Artz69 Online Now Mar 21, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Hi
      We are visiting Amalfi early June, thinking of staying in Amalfi and visiting Positano on a day trip
      Is that good ?
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 23, 2016 at 10:45 AM
    • Best Places to Visit in Mumbai

by puneetgupta Online Now Jan 19, 2016 at 2:18 AM

After a long hectic schedule, I am actually thinking for a break from the busy professional schedule of the office life. I along with family is all set to plan a trip to Mumbai. Since it comes under top weekend getaway list, What all are the best places to visit around Mumbai?

8 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 10:39 AM
    • HELP PLEASE

by PratapR Online Now Dec 12, 2015 at 12:55 AM

if my friend is sponsoring my trip to Germany, do i need to provide employment proof? I am from Mumbai, this is my first international travel, help please Thank you.

9 Answers Dec 13, 2015 at 10:02 AM
    • 5 DAY IN MUMBAI

by sarveshbansal016 Online Now Nov 15, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Its my first Visit to Mumbai on 08.01.2016 for 5 days (4 ADULTS & 2 CHILDREN).
      Can someone help me to explore the mumbai & plan my tour day wise (Where to stay, what to watch, I don't know how much time is required to explore the particular place & time required for reaching that place?)

9 Answers Nov 20, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    • 1.5 day tour to mumbai

by SUNILDHANKAR123 Online Now Nov 14, 2015 at 4:00 AM

Hi
      I am coming from delhi
      i will reach mumbai on 10-Dec-15 by 5 PM
      I have a flight back to delhi on 12-Dec-15 at 4 PM

Please suggest which all places i should go in Mumbai.

Sunil
      sunildhankar21781@gmail.com

4 Answers Nov 14, 2015 at 7:14 AM
    • Diwali in Mumbai

by JackN39 Online Now Oct 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Hi all, I'll be flying into Mumbai on Nov 9th and hanging around for Diwali. I will be keen to just walk around and take photos. Can someone recommend a nice area to stay with festivities and good food and recommend some decent low cost accomodation ($20 AUD per night). Are there any must see celebrations or areas to visit during Diwali?

Thanks,
      Jack

5 Answers Oct 30, 2015 at 1:24 AM
    • MUmbai nightlife

by Linkenpark77 Online Now Sep 8, 2015 at 2:46 AM

hey Im in Mumbai, india from tonight the 8th of september to the 18th.
      any suggestions on great food, bars and live music ?

Paul
      sydney australia

4 Answers Sep 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM
    • Noura89's Profile Photo

Can I find a hostel or any other kind of accommodation in Juhu Beach?!

by Noura89 Online Now Jun 15, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Please I would like to know if there are any affordable accommodations in Juhu?

16 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • liana23's Profile Photo

Bolywood Studios in Mumbai?

by liana23 Online Now May 12, 2015 at 12:08 AM

I have 3 days in Mumbai. What is the best way to vizit Film City, or any other Bolywood studio? Just to take wiew, not more. Is it possible for foreingers? I do not like the idea to join any big-group tours.

5 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 6:19 AM
    • about disc in mumbai

by SanjayA16 Online Now Dec 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I waana know disc playing good trance nd electric music in mumbai nd can allow stags

1 Answer Mar 1, 2015 at 10:36 PM
    • Sharone24's Profile Photo

Medical shots (vacancies) for very short stay in mumbai???

by Sharone24 Online Now Dec 22, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Hey guys :-)
      i really need your help.....

i will need to fly to india (Mumbai) for a short trip of THREE DAYS total.

i will stay in the most fancy hotel in mumbai (the "oberoi" hotel) and i do not plan to eat outside of the hotel...

all i need is to stay at the hotel for three days and fly back home to israel.

do i need to take any medical shots for such a short trip and esspecially if staying at such a highscale hotel???

Thanks for the help,

Sharone.

4 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • what to wear in Mumbai

by annemitchener Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 2:03 AM

I am travelling to Mumbai on business during the first week of December. Is it ok to wear shorts and t-shirts (spaghetti straps?) during leisure time.

8 Answers Sep 21, 2015 at 3:20 AM
    • Places to see in Mumbai

by sunil789 Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 10:15 PM

My college friend decided to go and visit around tourist places to see in Mumbai. We just need some guidance about places in Mumbai and how to reach that places?

6 Answers Sep 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM
    • DamianL's Profile Photo

airport transfer

by DamianL Online Now Sep 18, 2014 at 8:23 PM

what is easiest way to get from mumbai international airport to a south mumbai colaba hotel

6 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 6:47 AM