Muhafazat Matruh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• budget for stay

Suez 22 hours ago

I will be staying in hostel and major transportation are taken care by my organization the only things of for food so how much USD is enough for 45days stay..pls answer ...it will be helpful for me

more
    • Left luggage

Cairo Nov 23, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Are there left luggage facilities at Cairo Airport terminal 3?

more
    • Belly dance costumes in Cairo Airport

Cairo Nov 9, 2016 at 3:18 AM

Is there any shop of belly dance costumes in Cairo Airport?
      I will transit airline in Egypt for very short time like 1hour and half. Please help to find out :-)

more
    • budget for stay

Suez Yesterday

I'm going to stay in Egypt suez for 45 days ago how much USD I'd needed to bring from my home town pls Rply me as soon as possible coz I'm travelling this weekend ...

more
    • Looking for a place I visited in 2006 - need help finding

Cairo Nov 17, 2016 at 10:35 AM

I was in in Cairo in 2006 and really trying to remember this place that I was at. I'll try to describe it the best that I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated. At the time I was looking for a place to go dancing. I got into a cab in Cairo near the nile and tried to explain to the cab driver that I wanted to go to a place for dancing and that had women. He didnt know much English so he ended up taking me this (what appeared to be) low key hotel that had a room with belly dancing. I do remember that the hotel was fairly close to the pyramids. I should note that this was at night so I'll try my best to explain the area and place. The place he took me was on a smaller street, almost like a side street, that intersected into one of the bigger main roads. The hotel didnt seem like it had a lot of floors, and I cant even tell you if it was a functioning "hotel with guests" but when you go into the lobby from the main entrance the front desk was on the left as soon as you walk in. There was also an open staircase that led up to a second level balcony where there was the room with the belly dancing. From the staircase and balcony, outside the belly dancing room, you could look out over the lobby and see the front desk which was almost directly across from the balcony. I remember this area well because Im pretty sure the cab driver took me to a sketchy place to try and rip me off. Once we were seated in the room with belly dancing, a tray of food came out that I didnt order and the cab driver tried to stick me with the bill. I got pretty upset and walked out to that balcony area and started arguing with the driver over the issue. Next thing I know there are 5 or 6 guys up there almost surrounding me probably because I'm being loud at this point. Well the situation calmed down and the driver wanted to try and make it better so he took me to another room in the same hotel the had almost like a night club, I was still somewhat heated over the situation so I can't remember what the room looked like exactly but I do remember we took an elevator to get to it. So this hotel had one room for belly dancing and another room that could have been a club of some sort. Again, this driver starts to try and get money from me so I say skip this and just walked out. My line of thinking was that I'd just walk down this side road back to the main road and get another cab. As I'm walking down the street towards the main road I remember passing the hotel parking lot to the left. He then pulls up behind with his cab. He knows I'm really angry at this point but he insists that I get in so he can take me back to my hotel. I got back in and he took me back to my hotel where we argued in them cab for probably a half hour. It was all dumb on my part, I know. I could have easily come up missing. I just really want to remember this place that I was at. SO could anyone throw out some suggestions as to what this hotel was called?

Close to the pyramids.
      On a side street that connected to a busy main street.
      Had a belly dancing room and another club type room.
      The room with belly dancing was on a 2nd level balcony that overlooked the lobby
      Seemed really low key place that didnt have any other Americans in it.
      Oh, and I think we actually entered the belly dancing room from a back door that led to a parking lot, not the lobby.

Thank you for your help!

more
    • Best Egypt City for Luxury Resorts

Egypt Nov 17, 2016 at 5:17 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Egypt from the US in late December (for a 1 week stay), but we haven't booked our hotels yet. We're looking to relax at a high end resort for a several days but also take in some of the popular tourist attractions (pyramids, Sphinx, cruise the Nile).
      We fly into Cairo. Are we better off staying at a luxury resort in another city and taking an excursion trip into Cairo to see the sights? Or are there good luxury resort options in Cairo?

more
    • squash05's Profile Photo

Which cruise liner would you recommend for cruising the Nile.

Egypt Nov 17, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Which cruise liner would you recommend for cruising the Nile. I know that the Dolphin Nile is out dated and looking for something better please. Any advise

more

Popular Muhafazat Matruh Travel Answer Locations

• bus from cairo and back again

Marsa Matruh Nov 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM

anyone know where one would get a bus from Cairo to Marsa Mutruh and back again also the times and if the buses are frequent .also hotels are they plentyfull, Are there bars and restaurants to eat at .and is it safe to walk along the beach tops ,I was thinking around xmas or just after for a couple of days

2 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    • traveling by bus Siwa to Alexandra

Siwa Mar 29, 2010 at 8:48 AM

how long is this bus ride, what conditions are the busses in and how uncomfortable was the trip ?

I REALLY need to know!

2 Answers Mar 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    • Libyan desert Visa?

Siwa Jan 11, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Obtaining a Visa for Libya is near impossible these days. I will be wandering the eastern desert and wish to wander the Libyan desert as well (and thats all.. no cities in Libya), do you think it is safe to do so without a Libyan Visa? The area is so far remote that I highly doubt it would be a problem but I would rather be safe. Even if I could apply for a Visa I would, of course, not have any valid proof of flights into Libya, hotels.. nothing of that sort since this is a different situation.

Does anyone have experience with this? I have to think that the majority of travels to Siwa also go to the Libyan/Great Sea desert... right?

Any help is much appreciated!

3 Answers Jan 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    • Do any charter companies flying to Siwa?

Siwa Apr 24, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Hi,
      Just learned there is a tiny commercial airport at Siwa for exporting local crafts. Does anyone know of a charter company that flies from Luxor, Cairo or Alexandria to/from Siwa? (not a pricey Lear Jet or anything, small prop plane maybe?) We'd love to visit Siwa but don't have the time on our trip for the 8 hr drive... Thanks

3 Answers May 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    • Siwa to Bahariya Road

Siwa Apr 16, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if the Siwa to Bahariya road is finished yet and how long it takes now?

Many thanks

• titti's Profile Photo

Siwa - Baharya

Siwa Dec 19, 2007 at 5:20 AM

Has anybody travelled recently from Siwa to Baharia and can provide info about the trip (buses/cars, how long, how much, permission requested)? I'm trying to organise a trip from oasi to oasi and don't know from which oasi start in order to make things smoother.
      Any tip will be welcommed!
      Thank you very much. Ciao.

2 Answers Jan 3, 2008 at 11:21 AM
    • Road Siwa to Bahariya by camper

Siwa Oct 21, 2006 at 1:18 PM

We will be visiting Egypt next Spring by a standard camper (2x4 not 4x4). I cannot get proper information from the Egyptian travel agency which will accompany us regarding the status of the road Siwa to Bahariya,.i.e. whether it is or not feasible by camper (we will be a group of abt 10 rv). We understand 70 km are now paved, but waht about the remaining 300 km? We are accustomed to unpaved roads, but are unable to drive on sand. Is the road bottom hard or is it a sand track?? thank you for your help

• How long is the trek from Siwa to Bahariya by car?

Siwa Oct 16, 2006 at 11:48 PM

How many hours does the trek from Siwa to Bahariya take by car?
      Should I arrange it in Siwa with service taxi or is a
      safari preferable? Can I get the permit in Siwa?

• ritzcrackerd's Profile Photo

what to do??

Siwa Mar 8, 2006 at 4:24 PM

i am going to be arriving in Siwa at around 8:00PM on thursday April 6 and hope to stay until the late evening of saturday April 8. i was wondering if anyone had any specific info on a cheap hostel and a cheap desert journey maybe to bir wahed overnight or whatever. im not finding anything much either on the internet or my guidebooks. they all say siwa is the place to go but that's all they have to say... so ya any tips would be great, thanks

~Andrew

1 Answer Mar 10, 2006 at 10:49 AM
    • eclipse

Marsa Matruh Mar 5, 2006 at 1:09 PM

Hi Eclipse People,
      I too am going to see the eclipse. I've been thinking about this eclipse ever since 1999 when i tried to see the eclipse in Europe but it was cloudy. I'm very excited.

Does anyone know yet if we will be able to be on the plateau west of Sallum? If not, can we get a special permit? Can we just hike up there and camp? Does anyone want to join me?

Will

• eclipse info

As Sallum Mar 5, 2006 at 1:03 PM

Hi,

I want to find out if it will be possible to see the March 29 eclipse from the top of the plateau west of town? Can I just walk up there? Will I need to get a permit? How about camping up there with a hammock? Any info would be great. If anyone else has this idea and would like to join up that would be awesome.

Will

• Mr_Furious's Profile Photo

Short Desert trip

Siwa Dec 16, 2005 at 1:54 AM

Hi, In april I will visit Egypt and I would like to visit the desert and see it for myself.
      I am mainly interested in landscapes with sanddunes and oasises with palm trees, exploring them a little... Basically the stereotypical image one has of a desert. I will only have 3-4 days. Where do you recommend me to go? Siwa sounds good but far out.
      Are other places like Dakhla or Bahariyya also good for that typical desert trip or not.

Who can help me?
      Thank you very much,
      Bert

2 Answers Oct 9, 2006 at 5:15 PM
    • grandmarnier's Profile Photo

car hire to Siwa

Siwa Nov 7, 2005 at 11:51 AM

Does anyone know the approximate costs of hiring a car/driver to get to Siwa from either Mersa Matruh or Alexandria? There are 4 of us- going from Cairo to Alex (or Mersa) by train...one is a fluent Arabic speaker so will it be easy to find someone when we get there or can we arrange it ahead?

3 Answers Nov 13, 2005 at 2:29 AM
    • Hotel for Eclipse 2006

Marsa Matruh Aug 16, 2005 at 10:58 AM

It looks like the hotels in this area are filling up fast for this event.

Anyone know of a three-five star hotel with availability MArch 28-29,2006?

Or alternatively, how long is the drive from Alexandria to Saluum, and how about a good hotel in Alexandria?

Thanks!

Mike

2 Answers Nov 20, 2005 at 2:46 AM
    • Shali lodge hotel

Siwa Apr 25, 2005 at 5:09 AM

Hi,

Im'going to siwa on honey moon in august, and I'd like to reserve now a room at shali lodge hotel. Does anyone have the E-mail adress of this hotel? Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Apr 27, 2005 at 6:05 AM
    • youseff hotel

Siwa Jan 12, 2005 at 1:51 AM

hi, i'll be in siwa for 3-4 days in may. can anyone give me advice on what to see around siwa ( i mean car excursions outside of siwa)? like a day-night trip to deserts? and how much does this cost? also has anyone been to youssef hotel in siwa? what is it like?and how much does a room per night per person cost (there is two of us)? and any other advice that is useful... tnx

3 Answers Sep 30, 2005 at 3:54 PM
    • Heidelinde's Profile Photo

Marsa Matruh

Muhafazat Matruh Jul 4, 2004 at 7:29 AM

Hi! My family and I want to spend our holidays in Marsa Matruh (August/September). We are about 10 persons. Does anybody know a villa or appartment we can rent for two weeks in or near Marsa matruh. Thanks Heidi

1 Answer Jul 5, 2004 at 7:43 AM
    • nerm78's Profile Photo

have you any inof about Siwa??

Siwa Jan 10, 2003 at 8:27 AM

hello fellows: if anybody has any info about how to travel to siwa and what to take with me in my trip to Siwa??or where i can stay in good cheap hotel in there?? this will be great help for me. thanks, Neri

12 Answers Sep 10, 2006 at 9:35 AM