Mossel Bay

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Drive round trip Capetown - Port Elizabeth - Capetown

Cape Town Apr 26, 2016 at 10:02 AM

would appreciate route suggestions for my trip to avoid duplication - can be up to 10 days duration

plan to stay in CPT for 4 nights prior to departure

Many thanks

more
    • Prices at Constitution hill

Johannesburg Apr 13, 2016 at 5:50 AM

Does anybody know the current entrance fee at Constitution Hill?

more
    • Family trip to Cape Town

South Africa Apr 6, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Our family is planning a 10 day trip to Cape Town in December. We're planning to spend 3 nights around the Waterfront and then move outside of the city center to either Hout Bay or Scarborough. I understand from my research that Hout Bay has much more to do, however Scarborough looks amazing and I think it would be a good place to relax, but also plan day trips to the Winelands, Cape Point, Simon's Town/Boulder Beach and surrounding areas. Has anyone stayed in Hout Bay or Scarborough?

How safe is it to drive? I love the idea of exploring, however would we be better staying somewhere more central in the city? We want to explore this beautiful area but can't help but be somewhat cautious when you read on potential dangers/risks.

Thank you!

more
    • How to intentionally get denied visa to the South Africa, without getting into trouble?

South Africa Apr 26, 2016 at 9:22 AM

I was going to study abroad in South Africa in summer but there was a change of plan and I couldn't go anymore. However, I have to pay 50% of fee if I want to cancel the program. The only way to not pay the penalty is if my visa was denied. I am a Taiwanese citizen living in the U.S, and I was just wondering what can I say to the south africa consulate located in the U.S to reject my visa? Thanks

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Itinerary Help

South Africa Apr 4, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Considering South Africa for next April. We'll have about 15 days (12 excluding international flights). Highest priority is wildlife. I'm thinking Cape Town, Oudtshoorn, and Kruger. I don't want to cram too much in. How long is the drive from Cape to Oudtshoorn? And from Oudtshoorn to Kruger? Once we leave Kruger do we have to drive back to Cape Town or should we take a flight out of Johannesburg? Any hassle renting a car in one city and returning in another? Is it best to have a car in Cape Town or not? What is the most convenient area of Cape Town in which to stay?

Since I'm just starting to research, any help/suggestions are really appreciated!

more
    • Using credit cards and travelers checks

Cape Town Apr 13, 2016 at 6:36 AM

I have been told that using travelers checks and credit cards is not done in Cape Town, everything is done in cash. I will be there for about 9 days and do not want to carry that much cash with me. What is the story about US travelers checks and credit cards?

more