change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• europe20146's Profile Photo

Where to have Christmas Eve dinner?

Quebec Nov 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi. I will spend Christmas in Quebec this year (so excited!) I am just wondering where is a good restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner? Most of the restaurants are closed and one of the nice restaurant I saw (Panache) only accept reservation from their hotel guests for Christmas Eve. Is there any other restaurants you can recommend? Also, if we don't make a reservation, can we likely find a restaurant that is open on Christmas Eve on that day? Thanks in advance!

more
    • YvonneD8's Profile Photo

Transfer in Montreal

by YvonneD8 Online Now Aug 18, 2016 at 6:43 AM

I am flying into Montreal on an internal flight then getting a megabus for the continuation of my journey. Does anyone out there know how long it is likely to take me to travel from the airport to the bus station?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    • smisra53's Profile Photo

Parking near UQAM/Quartier des Spectacles and U-turn?

by smisra53 Online Now May 14, 2016 at 11:04 AM

We are driving up to Montreal from Boston and will be staying near St-Denis and Rene Levesque intersection. Plan to park the car for the couple of days and walk/metro it. Any opinions on the parking under the Great Library? Can cars be left untouched for two days without having to feed the meter and such? Any alternative parking ideas?

Also, are U-turns allowed in Montreal and under what conditions? Thanks in advance!

1 Answer May 15, 2016 at 1:55 AM
    • eggplantbrain's Profile Photo

Central digs, or otherwise ?

by eggplantbrain Online Now May 12, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Hello ! Two of us will be in Montreal later on this year. It has been many years since I was last there, and my partner has NEVER been there. I am having great difficulty with 'deciding' WHERE we should pitch a tent: Downtown (Central) or vieux Montreal or Quartier Latin or The Plateau. I understand that with Metro (we will not be driving) we will be able to access all areas in reasonable time. We are budget travelers; but prefer something 'above' a bed in a dorm (inexpensive hotels / B&B's are fine) I am well aware that there are many options in the St. Laurent / East of 'The Main' neighbourhoods- but I read conflicting reviews on various travel sites. Is it worth it to opt for Central accomodation- and then rely on Metro for access to neighbourhoods where there are fantastic options in respect to dining, clubs, shopping, arts & culture, etc...? Whatever help / tips / advice any of You are able to provide will be much appreciated. Thank You.

2 Answers May 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM
    • silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Which transport should we take

by silentfish193350 Online Now Apr 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM

We are two senior planning to visit Toronto and Montreal this June. In case we arrive first in Toronto, what means of public transport should we go to Montreal then?

9 Answers Jun 15, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    • A few recommended towns and B&Bs in Eastern Townships, Please

by spedprof Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Wow!! Thanks for the info. I have spent many hours looking at all the wonderful places in the Eastern Townships to visit, but would like some advice on specifics. Two youngish senior couples that like food trying to decide between Magog, Brome, Sutton, and other towns for 2-3 days in July. One commenter said Magog is quite crowded in the summer. We are from NY and Cape Cod so that may not be an issue. So, any one town to be our base???.. Looking for a nice B&B, say between $100-150 (US) per nite with a good breakfast, that is near good restaurants and interesting sites. We have a car so that makes getting around OK.

Thanks!!

• Where to go for side trip?

by spedprof Online Now Jan 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Two young senior couples looking for a two day side trip from Montreal this summer. Like food, interesting place to visit, food, interesting, not touristy shopping, and food. Could stay in B&B, if recommended. Looking at Magog, Montebello, Tremblant, Brome-Missiquoi and Laurentides-St. Saveur.

Thoughts, please?

5 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    • The perfect proposal

by Brianwilliam Online Now Jan 12, 2016 at 11:09 AM

I'm planning of proposing to my girlfriend within the next month to two months and I need some help with some really nice places to propose at. I've heard of Mount royal and it looks like a really good spot. Are there any good hotels and restaurants around there? Also do they do horse drawn carriage rides up to the top? If anyone has any other ideas please let me know! Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 6:59 PM
    • Moving permanently to Montreal

by Simon_T Online Now Nov 20, 2015 at 2:53 AM

Hi, I will move permanently to Montreal, i have a family with 2 little daughters but i don't know where to stay in Montreal, appreciated if you can tell me where are the best neighborhoods for families in Montreal (safe, friendly & not expensive)

7 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 12:32 AM
    • Montreal Reviews

by HarshitaSeal Online Now Oct 6, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Hey, I'm 17 years old and there is a trip being organized to go to montreal this march break. I have heard there is not much to do there and the trip costs about $600. Do you think it is worth that much and what things can we do in montreal in terms of sightseeing?

5 Answers Oct 29, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    • Good day trips?

by Hsamo1120 Online Now Sep 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM

What are some good day trips that can be done from Montreal without a car? Looking for something without needing to rent...

1 Answer Sep 16, 2015 at 2:29 AM
    • Day trip from Montreal?

by Crayter132 Online Now Aug 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Hello!

We are in Montreal for 7 nights, spending 3 days here. One day we will be going to QC, and one to Ottawa. I am wondering if there is anywhere anyone recommends visiting for a whole day trip within a few hours drive?

Our French is fairly limited so remote areas may be difficult.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

8 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

by villestlaurent1 Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM

are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

3 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    • ericsas's Profile Photo

Currency exchage

by ericsas Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Hi VTers,

I have seen in warning and dangers that is not recommended to change money at the airport. Any recommendation about where to change USD in the city with good rates?

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    • Need an email contact for a hostel

by nomadic123 Online Now Jul 30, 2015 at 5:32 AM

I posted this week, got a notification I had 2 replies. When I accessed I see no reply and even my post (question) is gone! Why on earth.....?

Anyhow, here goes again.

I need an email for Aubergue Saint Paul in 339 St Paul, (Vieux) Montreal. 438-386-1339.

Can someone reply, I'd appreciate if you could send me a PM, in case this post vanishes again.
      Thanks so much!!!

3 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 5:47 AM
    • Tourist to Montreal loss back pack

by Tourist481211 Online Now Jul 14, 2015 at 8:35 PM

I loss a back pack in the eating area across from Premiere Moisson on 895 rue de la Gauchetiere in the Gare Centrale. What methods would I hope to find it back? Thank you. V/R, Ryan

3 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Day trips from montreal

by Papim2 Online Now Jun 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Just left Quebec. City. Going to Montreal , we love those small villages with shops and resturants.... We have car, I heard the laurentions are beautiful ....all help is needed.....thanks

6 Answers Jun 24, 2015 at 12:35 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Montreal for 4 days

by Papim2 Online Now May 17, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Coming from Florida , never been in Canada ..were staying 5 days in Quebec City ,then driving to Montreal. Question were the best area to stay...I,m looking on vrbo for 1 bedroom condos/ apartment.....but don't know area....can you help....OH WERE IN OUR 50s, so the party seen is not our thing. (. Bars/ clubs....thanks for your help....martin

4 Answers May 18, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    • 24 Hour Bus Pass

by MapleMoose Online Now May 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I am trying to understand the STM website re the day pass or 24 hour pass (are they the same thing?). If I land at the airport and get a pass for $10 does that include my shuttle downtown plus the Metro for the day? Do I need to have an Opus card for this? I saw a reference to paying exact cash using coins only? Can anyone pull this together for me? Merci.

7 Answers May 9, 2015 at 8:19 AM
    • JohnDeRose's Profile Photo

Views in Montreal

by JohnDeRose Online Now May 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Hello,

Are there any buildings in Montreal which I can have access to its top floor to view Montreal? Ville Marie will only be ready in June.

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 7:17 PM
    • mayt's Profile Photo

botanical garden Montreal

by mayt Online Now May 4, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Is May 10th a good day to visit the botanical garden? what are the major attractions at the botanical garden?

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Montreal,Quebec

by Papim2 Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM

ALSO ANY COOL DAY TRIPS FROM MONTREAL......

3 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    • ElioK's Profile Photo

Valentine weekend in Old Montreal

by ElioK Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Me and my girlfriend are driving to montreal on valentine weekend. we are staying in old montreal at Le Place d'armes hotel, having dinner at Onoir restaurant friday night ( heard it's a good experience), spending saturday at Bota Bota during the day and then we got a late dinner reservation at Bouillon Bilk restaurant. I appreciate opinions about all these places and also some recommendation about some cool, romantic bars to have a cocktails before and after dinner.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • Vince1974's Profile Photo

Any wineries that also do food and accommodation?

by Vince1974 Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 2:49 PM

We'll be staying in Montreal for 3 weeks in the summer and would like to visit a nice vineyard. It seems like most of them will serve you a few little taster glasses and try to sell you a few bottles of wine. Are there any that have more of a restaurant/hotel set up where you could actually stay the night?

Anywhere within say a 2 or 3 hour driving distance from Montreal would be suitable to us.

4 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 1:13 AM
    • coming from ontario

by countygrrl81 Online Now Jan 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Is it best to take the train and use a cab to get around for the weekend? Are cabs expensive? Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 1:48 AM
    • where is this place?

by mdehghani Online Now Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi everyone.. does anyone recognize the location of this small lake (1st photo) ? or the location of this camping site (2nd & 3rd) ? both should be near montreal..

• jgoncalo's Profile Photo

Booking a hotel room as a minor

by jgoncalo Online Now Nov 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hello!

I'm going to Montreal in December and I'll spend both Christmas and New Year there. Me and my girlfriend planned, with our parents consent, that we would spend the New Year out in the city and then we would sleep in a hotel that night, from December 31 to January 1.

I'm Portuguese and she's French, but she's a Canadian permanent resident. I'll be 16 and she'll be 17 by that time.

This are the hotels we were thinking about:

- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth

- Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile

- InterContinental Montreal

- Hotel Le Crystal Montreal

- W Montreal

The question is, since we are both minors will we be able to book a room? Should her parents call the hotel before the reservation? I've seen people saying that our parents can book it and be there while we do the check-in and check-out and that we'll have no problems since they won't know that they won't be staying there with us.

I'm from Porto, Portugal that means my parents won't be there, so her parents are responsible for me (I have a letter recognized by the notary stating that) will that be enough for her mother to write a permission to let us stay in the hotel if required?

Thanks!

17 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM
    • immigration at the crossing boarder

by kalpanamchaudhari Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM

what is immigration procedure which is taken place at crossing border/

4 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • riorich55's Profile Photo

Area to Stay

by riorich55 Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM

The plane tickets are bought, the itinerary is set, and the days off have been approved. Now onto the next stage of planning. 4 days in Montreal from Tuesday through Saturday in October. Now looking at places to stay. Requirements are easy enough to access from airport (any suggestions welcome), probably close enough to main train station, as we will leave Montreal by train headed into New York. Price range probably around the $125 to $160 per night range.

4 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Lunch/Dinner in Montreal

by TravellingCA Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I have the pleasure of visiting the cool city of Montreal and I was just wondering what you would recommend for trendy/popular restaurants in Montreal (downtown area). Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Cheers,

TravellingCA

3 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 11:44 PM
    • airport transportation

by mnmasterson Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

how can I get from Montreal airport to the Clarendon Hotel in Quebec?

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM