VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Monteriggioni

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tesoro77's Profile Photo

1.Easiest way to get to Naples from Rome 2. Hotels in Island of Ischia

Naples Jan 8, 2017 at 3:01 PM

Dear local experts:
      I am traveling from Los Angeles CA, will land in Rome. 1. What is the quickest and easiest way to get from Rome to Naples. Please give me specific links, your personal experience, etc.
      I will stay a couple of days in Naples. I want to book a hotel on the island of Ischia and also want to spend at least one entire day in Prochida. I understand that the same ferry that runs from Naples stops on both islands - Prochida and ischia. How much is a ticket (average)?
      2. What hotel on Ischia is NICE, having a good THERMAL pool, a spa facility (sauna, jakuzzi), near beaches AND up to 150 US dollars a night? (hope it exists :-)
      Thank you all. Best,
      Gelena

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

Which town is best

Stelvio Jan 13, 2017 at 3:44 PM

I would like to spend some time hiking around the Stelvio National Park in summer. Which town would be the best to use as a base to access the park. I do not drive and need to be able to rely on public transport. thank you

more
    • Arial_27's Profile Photo

Planning on renting a car

Sardegna Jan 17, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Hi there,
      We are planning on taking a ferry from mainland Italy to Olbia. From Olbia, we have to get to Palau, which is 45 minutes away.
      I was "strongly recommended" to rent a car. Does anyone know if we'd be better off renting a car in Olbia, or bringing one on the ferry from mainland Italy?
      I looked into renting a car in Olbia, and the prices were outrageous (we need one for 5 days.) Does anyone know which rental company I should look into, and how much we can expect to pay?
      Grazie!
      Kristin

more
    • Summer holiday

Italy Jan 11, 2017 at 3:13 AM

Sorry to hear this site is shutting down.

I had an incredible summer honeymoon in Switzerland thanks entirely to commenters on this forum. I'm really grateful.

This question is very broad but I thought I might get lucky again!

Hoping for a may/June family holiday this year.
      Traveling with a three year old and a one year old.
      Beach, hotel, pools, nature, good food, a little old town within walking distance.
      We really want it to be child friendly with food and drink readily available but not too big a complex.
      We'd love to visit Italy, also considering Greece and France, I'll post over there too.

Many thanks if you have any thoughts!
      Emma

more
    • NAPOLI PIAZZA GARIBALDI

Naples Jan 3, 2017 at 4:34 PM

How far is Napoli Centrale to Napoli Piazza Garibaldi. My train arrives at Napoli Centrale and I have to go over to Napoli Piazza Garibaldi to catch another train.

more
    • Which resort to stay at Lake Garda?

Lago di Garda Jan 5, 2017 at 1:52 AM

Hello, what a great website. Hope someone can help with this. Me and my partner are hoping to go to Lake Garda in the summer but we are unsure as to which resort to base ourselves at. We are both 40 and although we are definitely beyond wanting a Club 18/30 type holiday we still want a nice lively resort that has a nice nightlife until fairly late at night. Last year we went to Sorrento and this was absolutely fantastic, lots of open-air restaurants, bars and even traditional music and singing in the streets at night, this was just perfect, so we wondered if any Lake Garda resort offered something similar? I was maybe thinking of Sirmione or Garda as a base as those would both be easier for us to get to, but I have no idea what the nightlife would be like. Hope someone can help? Thanks, Sarah.

more
    • HiliSu's Profile Photo

Rome for Easter

Rome Jan 5, 2017 at 4:46 PM

I will be in Rome for Easter Sunday.What should I know -Im not catholic but I want to visit the Pope place
      any ideas?

more
    • Civita Bagnoregio

Italy Dec 29, 2016 at 7:25 AM

I plan to visit Civita Bagnoregio during Easter. Can anyone please let me know whether there is any public transport to go from Orvieto to Bagnoregio?

more
    • Cinque Terre

Italy Dec 28, 2016 at 10:33 AM

My husband and I have planned our first holiday trip in Italy for 17 days in May 2017.
      Will be staying in Milan. Cinque Terre
      Florence. Positano and Rome
      Milan 1 day
      Cinque Terre. 3 days
      Florence. 4 days
      Positano. 5 days
      Rome. 4 days
      Any suggestions what to do and see
      We enjoy doing our own tour walking strolling taking local buses train etc....restaurants but no hiking
      We dont mind taking a day tour to the country to winery in Tuscany
      Any help will be appreciated
      Nina

more