VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Montedoglio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BH2011's Profile Photo

Getting to Naples airport

Naples Feb 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM

I just realized that our flight leaving Naples is at 6:45am. I've booked a hotel that's a 12 minute drive from the airport, but we won't be driving. How's the cab situation during that time of the day? We will be staying at the B&B Milionaria. Thanks!

more
    • Jen8675309's Profile Photo

Vespa rentals

Siena Feb 4, 2017 at 6:38 AM

We want to rent vespas while in Siena. Found a company that will bring them to our hotel. Is it best to do this with a tour, or would we be good to head out without a guide?

more
    • restaurant after opera?

Naples Jan 25, 2017 at 4:21 AM

During our visit to Napoli in the end of April, we'll see "La Traviata" at the Opera, it starts at 20:00, so won't be over until at least 23.00. Fortunately it's a Saturday.
      Who knows of a (nice) restaurant nearby that still serves food that late?

more
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

3 nights in Northern Italy

Verona Jan 24, 2017 at 12:38 PM

Hi folks....
      Im planning on staying 3 nights in the northern Italy...... Milan and Verona.... Which city do you recommend for 2 of those 3 nights??

Thanks for your thoughts.

more
    • Jen8675309's Profile Photo

Vespa rental in Siena

Italy Jan 24, 2017 at 7:41 PM

We are headed to Siena for 3 nights and thought it would be fun to rent Vespas for a day to explore. Thoughts on this.....none of us have ever driven/ridden a Vespa. If we do this and not being part of tour, is that advisable? I think it could be a fun adventure, but are we biting off more than we can chew?

more
    • Reliable opening and closing times for sites in Ortygia and Siracusa

Taormina Jan 28, 2017 at 10:57 AM

I am trying to find reliable opening and closing times for tourist attractions nicely listed and described on this site for Ortygia and Siracusa for Easter weekend (04/14-04/18). Does any website have this info as I could not locate it anywhere?

I am so sorry that this site will close.... I hope that the existing content will not be removed..

more
    • HiliSu's Profile Photo

Pope audience

Rome Feb 6, 2017 at 7:58 AM

I got tickets for Wednesday, Pope audience but I don't know what to expect. Any advice on that experience. Also, what's a good location for hotel- walking around. Thank you.

more
    • BH2011's Profile Photo

How many days?

Florence Feb 2, 2017 at 6:00 PM

We are planning on a trip to Rome and Florence for 7 days total. I've been to Rome and think we need 4 days to get the best experience, but that leaves 3 days for Florence. Is that enough? One of us want to see Florence above all cities in Italy (not me, I want to see Rome). Thanks!

more
    • Rome and Venice

Rome Feb 2, 2017 at 4:51 AM

Hi
      me and my wife planning to visit 2 days rome and 2 days venice in march, can somebody help me how to organise things so i can visit important places.
      i want to know how to travel from Campiano airport to Via Felice Grossi Gondi, 87, 00162( that's where my hotel is)
      Also in venice what's best way to go back to airport from Via Felice Grossi Gondi, 87, 00162. I mean taxi or any shuttle buses.
      how to cover venice attractions in a day, what I can see?
      Thanks

more
    • bus or train

Sicilia Feb 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM

will be in Sicily end of May into first week of June, no car. best way to see Caltagirone, Enna and Segesta? staying in Palermo, Siracusa and Catania. this is the third time I am requesting this info, but nobody has replied, is Rosata no longer contributing? So sorry site is closing, last trip in '15 members were very, very helpful!

more
    • HiliSu's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Venice

Venice Feb 6, 2017 at 7:53 AM

Any advice appreciated. Flying into Venice -where to stay for two nights ? how is transportation from there to Rome? is easy to walk around to see the city of Venice? Thank you - Thank you.

more
    • Flea Markets

Venice Feb 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Does anyone have a good scoop on locations of flea markets in Venice and which day they are held? Rome too!

Thanks!!

You can respond to rolflalone@yahoo.com also!

more