Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Catania or Palermo?

Sicilia Oct 21, 2016 at 7:05 AM

We recently obtained well priced flights to Sicily and I also had enough points to stay at the Sheraton in Catania for free for a week in Feb. My question is, is there enough to do in and around Catania for a week in Feb, given that beaches will be out of the question? are we better off in Palermo? Accomodation around Palermo seems very reasonable too so I don't mind opting out of my points booking as it is refundable and perhaps booking a place in Palermo if there is more to do and see for our family. Thanks!

• rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Accommodations in Mondello

by rickmatthews Online Now Mar 7, 2016 at 3:51 PM

My wife and I are arriving at Palermo airport in late May and will be traveling throughout Sicily for the following 3 weeks. We will be renting a car at the airport as we did not want to drive in Palermo. After looking at the map we were tempted to perhaps stay in Mondello beach area and just travel to Palermo via buses or whatever is available. Then after 3 or 4 days pick up our car at the airport and head out.
      Would that be a good alternative rather than staying in Palermo?
      What are the must things to see in the area as well as other parts of Sicily?
      Hope you can help thanks.

3 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 2:26 PM
    • need accomdations

by amsmithaz Online Now May 8, 2007 at 4:42 PM

We are a family of 12 coming to Sicily in June 2008. We have family in Palermo and so we are looking for either a villa, multiple apartments or other accomodations with kitchen, air conditioning and walking distance to the beach. We are 10 adults and 2 children. Please help, it is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Ann Marie Smith

• missmonster's Profile Photo

somewhere reasonably priced to stay

by missmonster Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 2:59 AM

My family and i are very excited about our imminent trip to Mondello, palermo. but we are a bit stuck as regards to a place to stay. can anyone recommend somewhere that is not very expensve and as close to the beach as possible. we are arriving on 11 may 06 and leaving on 16 may 06, a short stauy so we want to make the most of it. Also, do you think it is necessary to book accommodation for these dates in advance or will it be o.k. if we just turn up and do a hotel search on foot. thanks i advance to anyone who replies.

1 Answer Apr 29, 2006 at 1:03 PM