Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day trip to Transistria

Chisinau Sep 20, 2016 at 9:38 AM

I will be with Irish football fans in Chisinau from Friday 7th October to Monday 10th October 2016. A number of us are hoping to visit Transistria on a day trip on Saturday 8th October.
      Could somebody advise the best way to arrange the trip.

Many thanks

• RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Agra, Udaipur, Jodhpur or Jaisalmer?

India Sep 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Friends VT

I am traveling in November to India, and, in my itinerary, appointed for two full days to Agra, Udaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. However, I have one more day should I add to any of these cities. I ask for a suggestion (knowing that all suggestions are subjective): Which of these 3 cities devote one day more, getting a total of 3 days?
      Thank you and good travel for all!!!

17 Answers Sep 13, 2016 at 11:13 AM
    • ghazyzadeh's Profile Photo

Moldova Aug 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM

one of the condition to apply short time visa for moldava is
      Invitation issued by the Bureau for Migration and Asylum or, the resident’s permit or valid Visa issued by a member state of the European Union or of States Parties to the Schengen Agreement (except Transit Visa);
      would you please say me what is the meaning that? what shall i do for that?

1 Answer Aug 31, 2016 at 1:06 PM
    • Hincesti for the day?

Chisinau Aug 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM

I'd like to go to Hincesti as a day trip from Chisinau. I get the impression that the buses are very infrequent. Any info? Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM
    • Overnight train to Bucharest

Chisinau Aug 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM

Husband and I want to take the overnight train Sept. 5, Monday. Should we buy tickets online before we leave home, or fine to go to the train station the day before?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 3:31 AM
    • Kenny-O's Profile Photo

Bus Chisinau - Odessa - early morning via Palanca?

Chisinau Jul 27, 2016 at 2:36 AM

Does anybody know if the below buses from Chisinau to Odessa (leaving from Gara Nord) go via Palanca or Transnistria?

ODESA(GA) 05:50
      ODESA(GA) 06:50
      ODESA(GA) 07:45
      ODESA(GA,7km) 08:10

I have above times from here

for the night busses they state ODESA/PALANCA(GA), but for the day time busses there is no hint which way they go :)
      Many thanks

3 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM

Chisinau Jun 29, 2016 at 12:14 PM

How to find Hostels in ? Please don't tell me those international booking sites.

4 Answers Jun 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM
    • Paid Laundry

Chisinau Jun 28, 2016 at 2:15 AM

Please recommend places in Chisinau to use cheaper washing machine, thanks.

• Memories.'s Profile Photo

From Chisinau to the Black Sea

Moldova May 11, 2016 at 12:59 PM

In july, I'm going to Moldova for a week and I would love to visit the Black Sea. To get there, I obviously have to pass the Ukrainian border and I was wondering if it's safe by car. I am a young woman, travelling alone with her toddler.

If someone has some other advice or tips about Moldova, feel free to share them with me :)

6 Answers May 13, 2016 at 3:23 AM
    • Where to go in Chisinau in the evening as a solo traveller?

Chisinau Apr 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Going to Chisinau next weekend. Since i will be alone, where would be a good place to go in the evening which will be freindly and I will not be sitting as the sad guy in the corner! lol ?

7 Answers May 1, 2016 at 5:07 AM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

English, German, Italian or Russian?

Chisinau Apr 10, 2016 at 7:31 AM

I will be in Chisinau this summer and am curious about local lingual preferences. I do know a few words of Romanian courtesy of a former girlfriend and living in a Balkan neighborhood, but not really enough to manage even simple transactions. Everyone speaks English everywhere of course, and I am fluent, so I know that is always an option, but I worry a bit about the tax on it and that speaking it can sometimes provoke animosity. German I speak well, but I am not sure if it is still widely understood and I have the same concerns about speaking German as English, possibly even stronger. Italian I am OK with but I (and most others) seldom speak it outside of Italy or within my own family. It is similar enough to Romanian that I raise it as a possibility because it allows me to read Romanian and sometimes get the gist of spoken speech. Russian is a language I only have the basics of, learned on the street and can use to get through simple transactions. My concerns are I don't speak it very well, and have found that it is only grudgingly used in other parts of the Balkans.

Which would you use to open a conversation or perform a transaction?

6 Answers Apr 10, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

What is a good tour to see Cricova wine cellars?

Chisinau Apr 10, 2016 at 7:17 AM

I'm going to be in Chisinau (alone in July) and would like a tour of the Cricova wine cellars. Who can recommend a guide or tour? I'm willing to attach to someone else's tour.

1 Answer Apr 12, 2016 at 5:46 AM

Train Chisinau to Odessa still existing?

Chisinau Apr 8, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Hello hello,

Does anyone know if the trains from Chisinau to Odessa still exist ? They neither show up on the Ukrainian nor the Diebahn Webpage - the train from Odessa to Chisinau (Nr 642) seems to only run on Friday, Saturday, Sunday now...

If anybody knows more please let me know :)

Many thanks and happy Friday

2 Answers Apr 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Chisinau Flea Market?

Chisinau Apr 1, 2016 at 2:10 AM

Hello hello, we are planning to do Moldova trip in June/ July.

I looove flea markets and was wondering if there is one in Chisinau?
      With "flea market" I mean a market where locals sell second hand goods - no touristy antiques market or new goods market :). If anybody could help me out with: if, where, what day, what time a flea market take place in Chisinau, I would be super grateful :)

Many thanks in advance!

7 Answers Apr 3, 2016 at 5:39 AM
    • Irish Football Fans visit to Chisinau - October 2016

Chisinau Mar 29, 2016 at 6:28 AM

I am travelling with the Irish football fans to Chisinau in October 2016 when Ireland play Moldova.

Can we meet up with some people from Chisinau when we are there.

Please respond to this if you would like to meet up.

• overstayed in moldova

Moldova Mar 9, 2016 at 5:00 AM

I came to Moldova 7 months ago to be with my girlfriend while we waited for her to get her financee visa to America. I know I was only allowed 90 days. Originally the plan was to stay here for 90 days, then go to Germany and stay there for 90 days as I would be going from a schengen zone to a non schengen zone, at which point we should have her visa (since we applied for it over a year ago) and we would go home to the US. However, things changed and we decided to part ways, as friends, and she decided to move to Germany (long story). I agreed to go with her for a few months until she is comfortable living there and then go home.

She applied for a Romanian passport and got it, but by the time she did, it put me well over the 90 day limit. We were living together, she didn't have a job, her own place, a young woman alone, etc... so i stayed, instead of leaving and coming back later, to take care of her.

Anyway, we are finally ready to leave and fly to Germany. My concern is, I get to the airport what happens? I can plead stupidity saying I didn't know the 90 day law applies to non schengen zone areas as Moldova is not a schengen zone country. But my concern is that they will force me to fly to America and not just let me leave, or arrest me and i miss my plane, or a hundred other scenarios. I am voluntarily leaving, i violated no laws while here, and i will never come back to this country again as my reason for coming here will be living in Germany. I also worry Germany will deny my entry even though I have never overstayed in a schengen zone and i have no intention of being in Germany longer than 2 months. Surely they wont make me fly home and then fly back? What would be the point if I still have 90 days I can spend in a schengen zone?

Anyone experience anything like this before ?

12 Answers Mar 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM
    • boltonian's Profile Photo

Transport Disruption

Moldova Feb 11, 2016 at 3:53 AM

Hi, I am looking for the bus times from Chisinau to Iasi (Romania). Are the buses running still despite the protests? FCO website says some disruption to movement is occurring? Don't want to get stranded!!!!

1 Answer Feb 13, 2016 at 2:50 PM
    • Hostels in Chisinau are more expensive than EU Countries ! ?

Chisinau Dec 4, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Why I can't find any hostels in ?
      I look for monthly room renting in Chisinau, please recommend me some (non-english) cheap local hostels ?
      And which is the best non-english website for room renting advertisings in Chisinau ?
      what is the renting advertising newspaper in Chisinau ?
      (and please no need to tell me those common English international booking websites that everyone knows )

3 Answers Apr 7, 2016 at 12:12 PM
    • CHOCOLATECALIENTE's Profile Photo

worth visiting Transdniestr?

Moldova Sep 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM

I will be exploring Romania and Moldova for two weeks. Is it worth visiting Transdniestr just to satisfy curiosity? or should i spend my time and effort elsewhere?

Has anyone visited the Cricova winery in Moldova? If so, i would appreciate your feedback. Is it easy to schedule a visit? cost? Is it accessible by public transport? I heard they have an "astonishing aversion to customer contact"... is that so?

2 Answers Sep 4, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    • CHOCOLATECALIENTE's Profile Photo

crossing border between Moldova & Romania

Moldova Jul 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM

I am planning to visit Moldova and Romania in mid September to early October. My plan is to fly into Moldova first, visit Romania, and return to Moldova. How easy is it to cross the border between Moldova and Romania? I've been hearing about border officials charging all kinds of dodgy "taxes" and "fees" at the border. I will be traveling by land (bus, maxitaxis). I am not required to obtain a visa to enter Moldova or Romania.

On a different note, do you know if it will be too late to see sunflowers in Moldova or Romania in mid September?

6 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    • Who knows how you can book apartments in Moldova?

Moldova Jun 1, 2015 at 5:03 AM

Who knows how you can book apartments in Moldova?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

connection to Chisinau, Moldova

Moldova May 25, 2015 at 3:31 AM

Which city in Europe has good connection to Chisinau, Moldova? Is it better to travel by road from Odessa?

2 Answers May 26, 2015 at 2:41 PM
    • Funny Moldovan laws?

Moldova May 18, 2015 at 4:43 AM

What are some funny moldovan laws visitors should be aware of or would be interested in knowing?

1 Answer May 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • Things you can only do in Moldova

Moldova May 18, 2015 at 4:42 AM

What are some things that are truly Moldovian?

5 Answers May 25, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • places not to visit in moldova?

Moldova May 15, 2015 at 5:41 AM

3 places not to visit in moldova?

14 Answers May 18, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    • baltic_2005's Profile Photo

Travel from Bucharest to Chisinau and accommodation in Chisinau

Moldova May 10, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Romania for 2 weeks in June and wish to spend 3-4 days in Moldova.
      Can anyone provide me with more information on travel options from Bucharest to Chisinau and reasonably priced hotels in Chisinau? Any information on this little known - in Western Europe - country appreciated.
      Best wishes.

5 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • highest paved road pass in Moldova

Moldova Feb 25, 2015 at 6:34 AM

I'm planning to ride Moldova with my motorbike in July 2015. I have been trying to find which is the highest paved road pass in Moldova. I know Moldova is pretty flat country but nevertheless it must has highest road. Italy has Stelvio, Romania has Urdele pass (Transalpina)...

Can anyone provide me this very important information.

Thanks in advance

Regards Ogi

• Looking for some information about rout between Iasi to Chisanu

Moldova Jan 28, 2015 at 1:21 PM

I'm gonna visit Romania&Moldova at august, therefore, I'm trying to understand is there any maxi taxi car between Iasi-> Chisinau? how much it cost? where can I found the timetable? how many stops it have on the way? (or there is stops at all?)

Thanks a lot! :)

4 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    • Passing through Tiraspol and Chisinau from Odessa to Bucharest

Moldova Sep 27, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Hi, I am planning a trip n Ukraine and Romania and I would like to know if there are chances that I would have problems (having to bribe, being arrested...) in crossing the borders between Odessa and Tiraspol, then bewteen Tiraspol and Chisinau and then finally between Chisinau and Bucharest.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    • MartaiMarek's Profile Photo

Current situation & campings

Moldova Aug 28, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Hi, I am thinking of short visit by the end of September but I am a bit concerned regarding current situation in Dniestr surroundings. In polish press and on the web one can find some bad news (maybe not the riots but some actions going on). Is it safe to travel with own car all over Moldova (including Dniestr part)? I am thinking of ~7 days trip.

And second part of question - what should I expect regarding campings standard? I know western European ones with "everything on board" and others with only "space for a tent" on site ;)

1 Answer Aug 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM