change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

Tour from Alesund to Runde Island

Ålesund Nov 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Does anyone know of a coach or bus tour from Alesund to Runde Island during May? I mean by coach or bus, not by boat. I am keen to see the bird life on the island and prefer an organised tour rather than hiring a car.

Also, is May a good time to go to Runde Island, considering the season for breeding, hatching, etc? I have read that some trails are closed at certain times of the year. I am flexible with my dates for travel.

more

Popular Møre og Romsdal Travel Answer Locations

• fasterdog's Profile Photo

Tour from Alesund to Runde Island

Ålesund Nov 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Does anyone know of a coach or bus tour from Alesund to Runde Island during May? I mean by coach or bus, not by boat. I am keen to see the bird life on the island and prefer an organised tour rather than hiring a car.

Also, is May a good time to go to Runde Island, considering the season for breeding, hatching, etc? I have read that some trails are closed at certain times of the year. I am flexible with my dates for travel.

• Drive Alesund to Geiranger and back question

Ålesund Jun 17, 2016 at 3:34 PM

We will be spending 2 nights 1 full day (end of June) in Alesund and will hire a car. We'd like to drive the following route and I need your valuable opinion.
      Alesund – Valldalen
      Valldalen – Trollstigen
      Trollstigen - Valldalen
      Valldalen (Linge) - Eidsdal - Ferry
      Eidsdal - Geiranger
      Geiranger - Hellesylt - Ferry
      Hellesylt - Alesund - Ferry?

Is it doable for one day? How early we have to start?
      Is it the most optimal route to see the beautiful nature around Alesund or you might suggest to modify it?
      (BTW, we will be spending few days in Bergen before arriving to Alesund and will be taking 1 day Norway in a Nutshell tour there).
      Where can I find a schedule for all the ferries that we have to take?

Thank you very much in advance,

3 Answers Jun 18, 2016 at 10:54 AM
    • bus to geiranger

Ålesund May 23, 2016 at 6:27 AM

Hi.
      I arrive 26.may 22.00pm to Alesund airport and i need to go Geiranger. From airport is there is going any bus and what time?

2 Answers May 23, 2016 at 7:19 AM
    • trip Andalsnes to Geiranger

Åndalsnes Apr 23, 2016 at 11:58 PM

Is it possible to go by public transport from Andalsnes to Geiranger

1 Answer Apr 24, 2016 at 1:38 AM
    • Day trip to Stryn and glacier by bus

Ålesund Apr 4, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Is there a day trip to Stryn and the nearby glacier from Alesund? Any links would be appreciated.

Other than the Geiranger fiord trip (which we will do), what would be your best suggestions for day trips out of Alesund by public transport/tour?

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 5, 2016 at 1:17 AM
    • how to get there by ferry

Molde Aug 31, 2015 at 11:52 AM

travelling from Glasgow which is the easiest way to do this ferry

6 Answers Aug 31, 2015 at 10:39 PM
    • Alesund Geirangerfjord return trip on September 5, 2015

Geiranger Aug 1, 2015 at 1:08 AM

Hi !
      I cannot find any way to leave Alesund by bus, take a boat/ferry from Hellesylt or Geiranger and then return to Alesund.
      Is the touristic season closed ?
      Are there any other options ?
      Thank you.
      erol aivas
      erolaivas@yahoo.com

2 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 2:38 AM
    • Request for Car Rental Advice at Alesund

Ålesund Jul 27, 2015 at 7:00 AM

Hi,

Good afternoon! We will be visiting Alesund (and surrounds) from 5th to 7th of August. We will be arriving by the night bus from Oslo. May I request your advice on which car rental agencies are closer to the Moa trafikkterminal where the bus will drop us?

2 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    • Nettbuss time schedule

Geiranger Jul 24, 2015 at 4:39 PM

I'm planning to visit Geirangerfjord this Summer.

And I want to use your bus. I checked your bus schedule on the Internet, but I couldn't understand it well. Could you give me more information? I think Saturday and Sunday have a different time schedule. My plan is below. Are these time schedule correct?

29/8/Saturday
      1. Bus No,660 From Alesund airport(10:20 am) ------ To Alesund rutebilstasjon(10:45 am)

2. Bus No.250 From Alesund rutebilstasjon(11:00 am) ------ To Hellesylt(13:50 pm)
      then I'll take a ferry from Hellesylt to Geiranger at 14:00pm

30/8/Sunday
      1. Bus No.220 From Geiranger(12:25 pm) --- Trollstigen --- To Andalsnes(15:20 pm)take
      then I'll train from Andalsnes to Oslo at 15:31

Thank you for your help.

4 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 7:05 AM
    • Myklebust, family farm, located near Haram in early 19th century. Any knowledge of it appreciated.

Møre og Romsdal May 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Visiting the Møre og Romsdal area in early June. Have traced family genealogy to Agerøsand, Haram, Fraena, and Aukra. Would enjoy meeting residents who know history of area in the 1800s. Do you know about Myklebust farm?

5 Answers May 13, 2015 at 7:01 PM
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

what is a better choice between Geiranger fiord and Norway in a nutshell

Geiranger May 5, 2015 at 3:54 AM

which is a better choice?

many thanks,

Randy

4 Answers May 7, 2015 at 11:02 AM
    • Geiranger to Runde to Alesund

Runde Apr 23, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hello. Four of us are visiting Norway in first 2 weeks of June 2015. On 7th June, we want to leave Geirangerfjord, go to Runde for a bird-watching boat trip and then at night go to Alesund. I want to know:
      (1) what is the best way of travel between these locations?
      (2) Is this too much travel for a day?

7 Answers Apr 23, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Arriving by cruise ship late morning in June, are there local tours & City tour buses?

Geiranger Apr 11, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Having never been in Norway before, we have these questions. Are there local tour companies or City tour busses to book? What is recommended to see or just a walk through the city? The cruise line offers tours, though we certainly want to consider other local options. All comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 4:04 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Arriving by cruise ship at 7:00 AM June 8th, are there local tours & City tour buses?

Ålesund Apr 11, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Having never been in Norway before, we have these questions. Are there local tour companies or City tour buses to book? What is recommended to see in the area or just a walk through the city? The cruise line offers tours, though we certainly want to consider other local options. All comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM
    • Gigixoxo's Profile Photo

Anywhere to grab some drinks?

Volda Feb 20, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Hi! I was wondering if there's anywhere that I can go out and grab some drinks here in Volda?

Thank you :)

4 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    • Alesund to Andalsnes by bus

Ålesund Feb 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM

What is the one way fare for t he 681 bus from Alesund to Andalsnes? Any other info would be appreciated!

5 Answers Feb 15, 2015 at 10:50 AM
    • From Ålesund to geiranger in october

Geiranger Oct 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi! I would like to go to Geiranger from Alesund this weekend but I don't find any bus or boat to go there, can you help me :) thank you

3 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    • Geiranger to Oslo by Bus and Train

Geiranger Aug 12, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, We are planning to take the 12:25 bus from Geiranger to Andalsnes on 26 August and then take a train to Oslo via Dombas. My question is this: Since the bus arrives at 15:20, would it be unwise to book a ticket on the 15:31 train to Dombas/Oslo or are they timed to connect? Thanks in advance, Andrew (from the UK)

2 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • airport tranportation

Molde Aug 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM

hello, how to travel from Molde Trafikkterminal to the airport? thanks

1 Answer Aug 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM
    • Public Transport from Geiranger/Hellesylt to Alesund on 30 August 2014

Ålesund Jul 29, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I plan to stay in Geiranger for two days and will fly from Alesund to Oslo on 30 Aug 2014 (flight departs at 18:40). But the public transport I could find are the Hurtigruten cruise (which arrives at Alesund only at 18:15 and the trip on Visitalesund.com which arrives at Alesund only at 19:15. I am afraid the above ways could not help me catch the flight to Oslo. Could anyone please help me with the transportation from Geiranger to Alesund? Driving by myself is not preferred and I could not find a bus departing from Hellesylt to Alesund on that day. Thanks!!!!

3 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    • Bus timetable.

Ålesund Jul 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a bus from Andalsnes to Alesund on 24 aug 2014 . Can you tell web side for this? We are 5 people...
      Ciao Piero

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 4:47 AM
    • is is easy to ger a ferry to take us to geiranger

Hellesylt Jul 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM

we are arriving on the 7th of august with msc ship at hellesylt port. Is is easy to get a ferry to geiranger or is better to buy the tour from the ship. If we do that wil l cost us a lot of money since we are a family of 4. and two other freinds

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    • getting from geiranger to andalsnes on September 7

Åndalsnes Jun 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM

We can not find travel arrangements from Geiranger to Andalsnes on Sept 7, 2014. We need to make connection to train back to Oslo. need help!

3 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Bicycle rental

Hellesylt Jun 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Where can I make arrangement for reservation of bicycle rental at Hellesylt. I am arriving by ferry from Geiranger in early July and intend to stay 2 days at Hellesylt Hostel so that I can do some day trip cycling in the Norang Valley and part of the Postal Road. My experience in trying to rent a bicycle at Geiranger using online reservation is pretty negative and I hope that I would not be disappointed when I cross over to Hellesylt. Thank you for your kind assistance.

3 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    • Only one full day in Alesund in Sept

Ålesund Jun 6, 2014 at 10:47 AM

We are flying into Alesund on Friday, Sept 9th and arrive at 4PM. We have a hotel for two nights in Alesund, and depart on Sunday, Sept 21st at 7AM,,,which means we really have just one full day in Alesund. We have a rental car. We hope to be able to take a ferry thru the Geiranger Fjord, but also like to do the Geiranger- Trollstigen route. Do we have enough time?. Any suggestions? I found the ferry schedule between Geiranger and Valldal that shows itleaves at 9:30 or 14:15 ...the opposite way is at 12:00 or 17:15, but don't know road conditions or the best route. I am looking for any other suggestions as well.

We are boarding a cruise ship which will be in Alesund on Sept 25 (8-5), but no ferry trips are offered. The cruise ship is stopping just in Bergen and Alesund, then on to the Shetland Islands.

6 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    • Paying for services

Åndalsnes May 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM

We're Americans who will be visiting Andalsness this summer. We'll be cruising from Edinburgh. How can we get Norwigian currancy to pay for food or services?

3 Answers May 26, 2014 at 10:47 PM
    • We have 5 1/2 hours in Geiranger...

Geiranger May 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM

What is the best use of our time for this one day stop for my husband and me? Can we hire a private driver to see the sights?

4 Answers May 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Ålesund or Bergen? Geiranger or Norway in a nut shell?

Ålesund May 6, 2014 at 11:29 AM

What is more worth visiting - Ålesund or Bergen? I would like to see beautiful views and fjords; would you recommend me to take Hurtigruten to Geiranger from Ålesund or do the Norway in a nut shell from Bergen? Or should I visit both towns and take both trips to fjords? I will go in July-August.

5 Answers May 7, 2014 at 1:07 AM
    • Geiranger via road 63

Geiranger Apr 23, 2014 at 6:14 AM

hello,

I am planning to rent a car from hemsedal and using highway 15 to use road63. This will be occured on 5th of may. Do you know if the road will be opened at this period?

Regards, Alex

3 Answers May 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    • How to arrange a hike on a glacier from various ports? How to travel from Olden to Hellesytt

Geiranger Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

We will be traveling to western Norway from May 17-May 25th.
      Our ports are Skjolden,Flam,Olden,Alesund and Stavanger.

I have booked Ferry passage to Gudvangen from Flam to see the Naeroyfjord. we will return by bus and hopefully take the Flam rail to Mydal and back to Flam

I booked a cruise through the Stavanger Archipelago into the Lysefjord.

I am wondering if I should try to go to find our way to Hellesytt so we can cruise Geiranger. is this possible from Olden? we will only be in port from 8-5

We would also like the opportunity to have a guided tour on a glacier and or kayak on a glacial lake. Perhaps from our stop in Skjolden (Nigard/Jostedal glacier) or in Olden (Briksdal Glacier) The cruise ship offers on trips to only view the glacier.

This might limit my opportunity to travel to Geiranger. Perhaps next trip? So much to see and experience.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

1 Answer Apr 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM