VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Mljet National Park Travel Answers

change location

Getting to Mljet

by ifarrand1981 Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 4:31 PM

I am travelling around Croatia in June and would like to visit Mljet for 2 days. I understand day trips can be organised from Dubrovnik and Korcula and that ferries go from both destinations but they appear to only travel twice per week.

Ideally i would like to travel to Mljet from Korcula and then go straight on to Dubrovnik. Is this possible on days when the the tourist ferry does not travel or do i have to take a day trip? I have heard hydrofoils may travel more regularly than the ferry but am unable to find a timetable online anywhere.

Alternatively will the tour operators allow you to just travel on their vessels?

Thanks for any help

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Getting to Mljet

by balkan_adict Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 5:22 AM

Daily ferries from Dubrovnik to Mljet. For the National Park end of the island the best be is the Nona Ana http://www.alpex.hr/timetable.php

Jadrolinija have a car ferry that goes as far as Sobra and from there you can take a bus if you want to get to the National Park following is winter timetable (summer one not yet published. jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/Dubrovni...

It is not so easy to get to Korcula from Mljet, but you can sometimes get a lift on an excursion boat although this is not a reliable means if you definitely need to meet a deadline. Main ferry that stops at Mljet and Korcula jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/linie%20...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mljet National Park