VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Misamis

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• benserenityl8k's Profile Photo

Considering visting Misamis, Misamis Occidental Province, Philippines and in need of a lot of advice

by benserenityl8k Online Now Oct 2, 2004 at 11:12 PM

Hi to everyone. I've been really impressed with people of the Philippines who I've met so far, the people I work wth and the people I've met online- So much so that I'm considering visiting there at some point. I recently met a wonderful woman from Misamis, Misamis Occidental Province, Philippines, so I'm checking to find out as much information as I can about that particular area. I'm concerned about safety. It wouldn't be much of a vacation if I had to spend it locked up in her house due to fear of the unknown :) . So I'm here to get informed. Can anyone help? I've heard Mindinao is not a good place for a white person. I'm a blonde so I would probably stand out like a low flying hot air baloon. I wonder if I would even make it to this woman's house without encountering a life threating problem. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

5 Answers Jan 20, 2010 at 12:48 AM