VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Minorca Island Travel Answers

change location

need accommodation advice

by daybreak19 Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm Lillie and I need some help / advice about accommodation as I'm coming on the 27th June

I can't seem to find a single room with the use of kitchen ... I have food allergies so I have to prepare my own food, so no hotels and apartments are too expensive, I am alone

I was told to look for 'pensions' and 'casas de huespedes' but they seem to be the same as hostels? no kitchen use ...

so, do you know where I could find this?

or do you happen to know someone who rents a room with kitchen near sea at reasonable price? tight budget

or do you need a roommate for a rented apartment? lol

also, any suggestion on where to go? beaches with shade / trees? not fond of resorts and noise ... i'm guessing Mao is not a very good choice for accommodation as i'd have to travel to the beach by bus right?

thanks, Lillie

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • DarkMantis's Profile Photo

Re: need accommodation advice

by DarkMantis Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Have a go on this:

http://www.easypiso.com/

I am not sure if it will suit you but you could try. Otherwise I have rented an apartment (holiday rental) in Spain for quite cheap. How about staying in a backpackers though? They are the cheapest option and usually have a kitchen where you can prepare your own food - just take a super dooper anti-bacterial spray to ensure you begin with a fresh surface each time if you have severe allergies.

Just some ideas :-)

Caz

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: need accommodation advice

by daybreak19 Online Now Jun 18, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Hey Caz,

thanks for the reply, I will try that. I called a few hostels, no kitchen ... But good idea about the anti-bacterial spray! haha :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines