Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• poepat's Profile Photo

Melbourne Sep 26, 2016 at 11:41 AM

So plans have hanged a little bit... We now are planning to arrive in Adelaide by air early February 2016. We then want to drive to Melbourne on the coast route via the Great Ocean Road..
      We really aren't sure how many days to take or which towns are the best for overnight stays...
      We are still really flexible on this part of our travels...
      Any recommendations please, in particular how many days to make the journey, best overnight towns to stay and must sees on the route..
      happy travellin

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Start 2005 in Mildura

by leffe3 Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 9:32 PM

Heading to Mildura/Mungo Park on 1 or 2 January for a few days touring the area (Melbourne-Bendigo-Mildura-Euchuca-Melbourne). Any tips for places not to be missed on the drive through?

1 Answer Dec 20, 2004 at 10:35 PM
    • majicsilverrose's Profile Photo

by majicsilverrose Online Now May 16, 2004 at 1:22 AM

Hi everyone, Im thinking about going to have a look at Mildura for a few days after 27th, are there any local VT people in the area ? maybe we could meet for a coffee or something ? Alternatively, does anyone know of a good inexpensive, clean hostel or motel in a handy location ? I wont have a car so in the town it will have to be, can i get a view of the river from the town ? What are the main tourist attractions around ? Whats the go with the river cruises ? can anyone recommend a good one. Any info at all on Mildura will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hazel

• Vikings's Profile Photo

Things to do in Mildura

by Vikings Online Now Mar 7, 2004 at 1:54 AM

Hej Everyone, I have a question regarding a good route from Melbourne to Adelaide. Would it be a good route to travel from Melbourne---Great Ocean Rd up to Port Fairy ---- North through Dunkeld, Halls Gap, Dimboola --- fro here i am not sure whether to travel west on the A8 to Adelaide, or to keep on north up to Mildura, stay there from 1 or 2 days and then travel trough the Barossa valley to Adelaide ? It sounds like there are some good things to do in the Mildura area but i am not sure whether the alternative (A8) would also be great. Please help :) Samuel

3 Answers Sep 6, 2004 at 5:45 AM