VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Mikkelin Lääni Travel Answers

change location

My Mikkelin sweetheart!

by chays Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 10:44 AM

Hi, I'm an English guy living in Spain crazy in love with a Finnish girl from Mikkelin. Looking for a web site with an on-line dictionary or something to help me write a valentine's card. She speaks English but I just want to impress her by writing in Finnish. Can anybody help? Cheers, Chay

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: My Mikkelin sweetheart!

by eloveena Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 11:06 AM

Hi, I found some english-finnish-english dictionary pages. The address is http://efe.scape.net/ Maybe you find there what you need. And if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask. Yours, Eloveena

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Igraine's Profile Photo

Re: My Mikkelin sweetheart!

by Igraine Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 11:16 AM

Maybe one of the langaige helpers is willing to help. look here: Travel Tools - Language Helpers for the names

• mnybondas's Profile Photo

by mnybondas Online Now Feb 10, 2004 at 11:51 AM

I think that you need some help from somebody who speaks Finnish to write a Valentine's card. The Finnish language has a complicated grammar, so it would be very difficult for you to try to write something just with the help of a dictionary, because the dictionary only shows the base forms of the words and the Finnish language is full with endings and postpositions. Here are some phrases that might be useful: Rakastan sinua - I love you Kaipaan sinua - I miss you There is a web page http://www.rakkausrunot.com (rakkausruno is love poem in English). You could choose a love poem from here with the help of somebody who speaks Finnish.

• kimmo_v's Profile Photo

by kimmo_v Online Now Feb 12, 2004 at 4:11 AM

Hi! Here is alink for finnish language. You can also learn to speak finnish via this site!! Have fun(and patience...;.-)). helsinki-hs.net/thisishelsin...

• Re: Re: My Mikkelin sweetheart!

by chays Online Now Feb 12, 2004 at 6:38 AM

Cheers guys and gals, Katarina, thanks for the offer, I have sent you a mail. Thanks, Chay

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Mikkelin Lääni Travel Answer Locations