Travel Answers
Miami Beach

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

• Sharon61bio's Profile Photo

Old School Seafood Platter

Saint Petersburg Sep 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Where is the best place in the Clearwater/St Pete area to get a really good fried seafood platter with oysters, shrimp, clams and scallops?

• Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

• ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Going to Key West

Miami Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Is there a shuttle bus or ferry from Miami to Key West? I am going during President's Day weekend next year.

• Hotel and what to do in Miami

Miami Sep 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Am going to book a hotel in Miami for January. Any hint of a cool place to stay and what to do?
      We are two couples.
      Thank you.

• Hotel and what to do in Miami

Miami Sep 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Am going to book a hotel in Miami for January. Any hint of a cool place to stay and what to do?
      We are two couples.
      Thank you.

• Hotels/motels

Florida Keys Oct 12, 2016 at 5:06 AM

Hi we are planning a 4-5 day trip down the keys hoping to stay 2 nights in key largo, not sure where to stay in the middle then maybe 2 nights in key west. I've been looking on a few hotel sites but am not sure whether to wait and book into places when we get there. Is it cheaper to just turn up at a motel or am I better to book early. We are a family of 3 and my daughter will be 15. Also any suggests as to where to stay in the middle of the keys. And any reasonable hotel/motel, ive been looking and it seems some of the not so desirable motels are around £150 a night which I think is a little steep. Any advise would be grateful.

• how many days orlando/florida and around

Orlando Oct 11, 2016 at 3:23 AM

travelling first time with 2 year old from india. we have 20 days in hand, want to cover most of south east, florida/ orlando/ georgia/ nearby/ coatsal area etc. how should we plan, we plan to return back to our home from washington. which all places and how should we cover in orlando et al. best places/ must visit/ not to miss. any practical tips will be highly appreciated. any specific theme park/ rides/shows that we must do or are most apt with 2 year old? plz help us plan. heard that because of jet lag we must do non theme park things first giving babay to adjust.. should we stay at two different places or be at one hotel only all during our stay? 

• Travelling in and around Orlando

Orlando Oct 2, 2016 at 6:02 AM

Myself and three friends are hiring a villa in kissimmee in march next year.

We were wondering whether it is better to get around via bus or to hire a car?

• trent_connor's Profile Photo

Miami beach with 3 and 1 year old

by trent_connor Online Now Aug 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM

Hi, is miami beach family friendly? We have a 3 year old and 1 year old. So that means restaurants with stroller, highchair etc for breakfast lunch and dinner. I'm not from America and from my research it doesn't seem to be overly family friendly. Also any advice on things to do. We will be travelling in march so I don't think it's beach season for the kids to be swimming

6 Answers Aug 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM
    • Moving to Miami from Cincinnati, Ohio

by GabrielaZ Online Now Jul 21, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Hi Guys,

I am originally from Lima, Peru and have been living in Cincinnati for almost 15 years. I am currently 24, and I speak Spanish and English (so moving to Miami wouldn't be a problem in that category). I currently have an associate's degree in Civil Engineering and will be graduating from UC next spring with a Bachelors of Science in Architecture. My goal is to move to Miami right after graduation but I'm a little concerned about finding a job in my career? I frequently visit Miami at least once a year every year and I absolutely love it! I love the culture, the food, the weather and the beach! How easy or how difficult would it be for me? What do you guys suggest that I do before I move down there? It would be me, my boyfriend and our two german shepherds moving down :)

1 Answer Jul 21, 2016 at 8:34 PM
    • Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

meetup during my stay in miami beach!

by Suzanne_M Online Now Jun 2, 2016 at 6:55 AM

i will be on vacation in MIAMI BEACH (more specifically Sunny Isles) from JUNE 25 to JULY 2 inclusivement.
      it would be nice to meet up with either locals OR travellers!
      anybody free and interested during that time?
      it can be in Miami Beach or Miami.
      it has been a looooong time since i have been to or organised a vt meeting! this would be a great time to start again!
      hope to hear from you soon.

2 Answers Jun 2, 2016 at 9:06 AM
    • getting from bayside marketplace to south beach

by schoolcook6 Online Now Mar 23, 2016 at 2:33 PM

2 Answers Mar 24, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    • Wanting tips on travelling America

by Laurenadam Online Now Feb 17, 2016 at 3:24 AM

Hey everyone me an my boyfriend are from London we are planning on travelling America for around 3 months, were bored and in need of some excitement before we settle down an have children haha!!
      We are recalling wanting to go to la California Miami San fran and where ever people would recommend , we are unsure of the route you would take or where we would even start from! Is it best to stay in motels or hire apartments for the stays? Any info or hep would be so useful!

Thanks guys!!!

1 Answer Feb 17, 2016 at 8:03 PM
    • Miami Beach or Miami South Beach

by hughese87 Online Now Feb 12, 2016 at 1:52 AM

Hi my friend and I are looking to come to Miami next November for a week of some winter sun and escape Englands cold weather.
      We are looking to find out what part of Miami is the best place to stay out of Miami Beach or South Beach? We enjoy nightlife but not really into the clubbing scene, we like cocktail bars and pubs with atmosphere.
      We are not really looking for tourist attractions but do enjoy a day out on a boat catching some rays.
      Any information would be much appreciated.

1 Answer May 31, 2016 at 10:34 AM
    • Tim88's Profile Photo

Taking a cruise out of Miami. Need some pointers. Thanks!

by Tim88 Online Now Dec 13, 2015 at 9:51 PM

We want to book a cruise from the Port of Miami. We will have 2-3 days afterwards and want to see the beach, and take a bus and everglade tour. Where would be the best area to be close to the port but also close to the beach and tours? And approx. how much if cabs are needed? thanks.

3 Answers Dec 14, 2015 at 8:20 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Is the area around Marriott Stanton South Beach a good location to stay, this hotel specifically?

by charlesracine Online Now Nov 29, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Is the area around Marriott Stanton South Beach a good location to stay? And this hotel specifically is it good & safe and is this near the topless beach area in Miami South beach? Also looking for any recommendations for things to do in this area. Thanks, Chuck

2 Answers Nov 29, 2015 at 6:10 PM
    • One night and part of a day in Miami

by ChelaS1 Online Now Sep 29, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Where do we stay if we have the evening and part of the next day in Miami before flying home?

• Breakfest at South Beach Miami

by ThomasCarlsen Online Now Jul 4, 2015 at 11:29 AM

Where to go for breakfest in South Beach Miami?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2015 at 7:03 PM
    • Weird tall and skinny black homeless man dressed like a woman

by st3ike Online Now May 26, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Has anyone noticed this mysterious looking man, wearing a small scarf covering his mouth, dressed in mini skirt or shorts like a woman, very tall and skinny walking around South Beach? I spotted him nearly everyday on numerous occasion all around South Beach during my stay, mostly around Lincoln Road and Washington Ave, he is always walking almost non-stop. I caught him once at Lincoln road and drexel dancing by himself in the middle of the road facing a store window. What's up with this guy? anyone knows his story or anything? I am just curious about it

1 Answer May 26, 2015 at 1:18 PM
    • bzulu67's Profile Photo

Travel by public transport from South Beach to Bayside Market place.

by bzulu67 Online Now Apr 7, 2015 at 2:42 AM

Hi all,

How do I get from the junction of Pennsylvania Ave/12th Street, in South Beach to Bayside Marketplace, 401 Biscayne Boulevard with public transport?
      I want to take the 90 minute boat tour with Miami Tour Company from the Queens Pier at the Marina.

Many thanks

4 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Best place to people watch in South Beach

by bzulu67 Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 7:18 AM

I will very shortly be staying at the Ocean Surf Hotel on Ocean Terrace, North Beach, for a couple of nights. I believe all the action takes place in South Beach. Where is the best place to people watch in South Beach and how do I get there from my hotel using public transport?

2 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 2:47 AM

Hotel Ocean Surf, 7436 Ocean Terrace, Miami.

by bzulu67 Online Now Mar 13, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Hi all,

Next month I will be staying at this hotel for two nights, prior to a cruise out of Miami.
      I have seen bad reviews about this hotel, what do you think, bare in mind it is somewhere just to lay my head?
      How long would it take to get from this hotel to the cruise port of Miami?

Many thanks

5 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 4:04 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Jerry's Famous Delly

by GUYON Online Now Jan 24, 2015 at 5:39 AM

Each time we went to South Beach we went to Jerry's Famous Delly for breakfast because it was one of the restaurants which were open 24/24 and we awoke very soon on the morning.
      It seems to be now closed.
      Is it true ? When it will be reopened ?
      Thanks for the answers.

2 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 7:45 AM
    • KevinnH's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Miami for a weekend

by KevinnH Online Now Jan 21, 2015 at 3:02 AM

I'm going to Miami for a weekend in February. I want some of all of it...plan to see some sites, go to the beach and experience some nightlife. Would like to stay somewhere reasonably priced and have been looking at hotels and airbnb places. Considering these things what area do you recommend?

Should I rent a car? That plays a factor into the location as well. Thanks!

7 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 7:55 PM
    • new to miami

by christyelaine16 Online Now Jan 8, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Husband and I want a warm, relaxing beach stay without all the nightlife...going without kids. Just want water, warm, sun, good food and March. Where is a good place to stay away from the nightlife (I know, we're boring...actually, we're just tired;0)? I've heard North beach is better away from the crowds...what about Sunny Isles Beach? Anyone know what the Newport Beachside Hotel is like? Any advice and info would be helpful! Thanks.

10 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 7:17 AM
    • identification of building

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Jan 8, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Does anyone know which building this is?  I know it's just off of Collins Ave, on Lincoln Rd, I believe.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 11:56 AM
    • Best restaurant for fried shrimp/lobster rolls/crab

by antuantuan Online Now Jan 2, 2015 at 4:43 AM

I'll be visiting Miami in a week, I've spent quite some time checking out reviews but I'd like to get your recommendations on a restaurant where I can enjoy great seafood in a shack style, ideally with outside seating and a nice view. I'll be staying in SoBe but I'll have a car.

2 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • Staying at The Tides, 1220 Ocean Drive

by carlos501b Online Now Oct 5, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Is it easy to get cabs from the Tides Hotel to travel short distances of say one to two miles ?
      Is there a taxi line ? Is the wait long ? Would the taxis agree to ply the short distance of one to two miles ?
      Also, would it be reasonably easy to get cabs from say Smith and Wollensky on Washington Avenue to the Tides at about 9pm ?
      Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 5, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • Nightlife in Miami and southbeach

by alexishotbuns Online Now Sep 17, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Are all the clubs in SoBe going to have 2 hour lines to get in and super selective on who gets in? What should we expect? Are there some great ones that are better than others this way? We just want to get in and party.

• MrArtur's Profile Photo

Hangout with a Norwegian Guy in Miami Beach in september?

by MrArtur Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Hi folks. I´m going too miami in 12 september staying there for a week. Are there any locals in miami who will like too meet me? and hangout?

6 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    • MrArtur's Profile Photo

Norwgian Guy Going To Miami Beach

by MrArtur Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I´m going too in 12 september, i´m staying there for a week. This is my first time too visit U.S. So what can i do there?

4 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • transportation

by Smith2007 Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 2:04 PM

What is the best way to get from Miami international airport to Miami south beach Clevelander hotel without spending a lot of money??

3 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • Public transportation in South Beach

by richardsgc3 Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Is there a bus that goes from South Beach to the Port of Miami?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 4:04 AM
    • safe for a 20 year old female

by Belle-Kiki Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM

My granddaughter has to stay overnight in Miami for a flight the next day. Can she stay at a hotel at the airport

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    • Bus to Orlando international airford

by Unique82 Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Does anybody know if there is a direct bus from Miami to Orlando Sanford airport?

• everglades tour

by timewaster Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I'm looking for a daytrip tour of the everglades. We will be staying at 1 Bal Harbor. I will have my parents who are old and cannot walk very much. Any suggestions?

5 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • public transportion

by cacatu100 Online Now Dec 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM

how can I get to the port of Miami from south beach using public transportation?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Air boat tour

by GUYON Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM

We will go back to Miami for the 4th time and we have made in the past several air boat tours in the Everglades near Miami or Florida City. On your opinion, what is the best choice you can suggest to me ? (We will rent a car).
      We wish to find a one hour (or 45 min) tour with comments and some stops on the water and then a visit of a gator farm. We do not foresee to cross Florida to go to the West coast.
      Thanks for the advices.

2 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM