change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

by tranceperent Online Now Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

2 Answers Oct 21, 2016 at 4:40 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Going to Key West

by ohaiyo Online Now Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Is there a shuttle bus or ferry from Miami to Key West? I am going during President's Day weekend next year.

4 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 9:11 PM
    • Hotel and what to do in Miami

by sea_island Online Now Sep 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Am going to book a hotel in Miami for January. Any hint of a cool place to stay and what to do?
      We are two couples.
      Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2016 at 3:35 PM
    • Hotel and what to do in Miami

by sea_island Online Now Sep 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Am going to book a hotel in Miami for January. Any hint of a cool place to stay and what to do?
      We are two couples.
      Thank you.

7 Answers Sep 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM
    • Minniesmind's Profile Photo

Road trip from Miami to the Keys

by Minniesmind Online Now Mar 12, 2016 at 12:45 AM

Hi everyone. Ive planned a 2 week trip from 25th March to 9th April, spending 4 nights in Miami at the start and then picking up a car to drive down to Key West and back over a week. Along the route I intend to visit the Everglades and stop in Islamorada/Marathon, Key West. Finishing in Miami for a couple of nights before heading back home. So... I need reassurance I have planned a reasonable itinerary and that I won't get lost driving and that being a single female alone won't be an issue! Aside from those concerns I would also love some idea of 'must do' things or areas to visit, especially for someone on their own. But I must warn you as much as I love water, getting in and doing water based activities is not my thing! I am looking forward to taking just relaxing and taking in the scenery and lapping up some much needed sun.

2 Answers Mar 12, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    • Safety concerns - Miami, FL

by snowyrose Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Traveling to Miami Sunday Mar. 13th with my son who's turning 20. Will be there Sunday afternoon and Monday. We've never been to Miami, would like to stay on the beach, looking for clean and safe places to stay. Any recommendations for safe places to stay or places/areas that we should avoid? Will have rental car. Also any attractions that are a must see while we visit? I've heard too many stories that Miami can be dangerous, so any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much. Nervous mom!

1 Answer Mar 26, 2016 at 9:10 AM
    • Miami airport: a nightmare?

by bobalongwhale Online Now Feb 13, 2016 at 12:32 AM

Can someone give me a rough idea of how much time I should expect to spend there between landing time and exiting the airport? I heard border control is very very long. Thank you

5 Answers Apr 6, 2016 at 5:06 AM
    • Things to do around Miami.

by axyl101 Online Now Jan 12, 2016 at 7:29 AM

We are planning a week around Miami area from March 6-13th. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, age 12 and 8. What are some the areas and places that we can do? We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and still have to book our return flight. We have West palm beach, Hollywood, Miami, South beach and Key West in mind. But need to figure out the order and how many days/nights to spend in each place and where to stay? And suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. We are looking for kids friendly activities as well.

3 Answers May 22, 2016 at 1:18 PM
    • Areas to avoid?

by jam286 Online Now Jan 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Hey guys, I just watched a documentation about the tourist incidents in the 90s. Yes, probably I shouldnt do that ;) Yet...too late. And I have few questions:

1. Is there any areas one should really avoid? I read someting about Opa-Lack and Liberty.

2. We will arrive around 3 PM and would like to drive to Miami Beach right away with all our luggage and cameras. We just want to walk around there for an hour or so.

3. For dinner we want to go to the Antigua-Guatemala-Cafeteria close to Little Havanna. We would leave our suitcases in the trunk. Should be fine, right?

4. We booked a private B&B in Tamiami. From Google Street view it looks like a nice and safe area. Anyone disagrees?

I dont want to sound to whiny-whimsical...and I know things can happen anytime anywhere (been to Colombia and it was no big deal, but I had a friend who told me where NOT to I am now asking you guys :)

Any support is appreciated!

1 Answer Jan 9, 2016 at 5:07 AM
    • Travel stop overs

by Cardifftraveller Online Now Jan 4, 2016 at 10:15 AM

I'm planning a trip to America and it looks like the cheapest way is going Amsterdam to Miami with a change at Heathrow.

My question is I live in the uk so if on the return leg I choose to not get my connecting flight from Heathrow to Amsterdam, will I be able to collect my bags or will I be forced to get the flight to Amsterdam?

6 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 9:17 PM
    • Miami - Istanbul nonstop flight with Turkish Airlines?

by sarahcrimsn Online Now Nov 1, 2015 at 12:06 PM

Just seen this: and got curious about Turkish Airlines.

I learnt that it is a member of Star Alliance and chosen as the best airline in Europe five times in a row! My friend in Boston used Turkish Airlines last summer and he recommended it so badly! He loved the food, staff and everything. I may plan my next holiday according to this new direct flight (because it is so cheap now) but wanted to hear your experiences first. What do you think?

4 Answers Nov 2, 2015 at 9:55 AM
    • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Mountainbike rental in Miami.

by cachaseiro Online Now Oct 21, 2015 at 11:16 PM

I will be in miami for the next few days and would like to rent a mountainbike.
      I have been gogling around and I'm not that happy what I found so far.
      It seems to be mostly beach cruisers or other bikes where you are sitting upright on the bike, which I can't due to a back problem.
      I would like to rent a high quality mountainbike for a few days if possible and if it dosen't cost an arm and a leg.
      Anyone knows about places that rent out?
      I'll be based in South Beach, but will be ready to travel to other parts of Miami if I can get what I am looking for.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    • South Beach, Miami Florida

by DougKing Online Now Sep 22, 2015 at 6:53 AM

going to Miami from Fort Myers beach to watch the Dolphins. We are going for 2 nights Sat and Sun Oct 24 & 25
      Thought we would go to South beach. Any recommendations on accomadation or hotels perhaps off the strip,
      Any suggestions on things to see or do would be helpful for my wife and I

5 Answers May 20, 2016 at 6:41 PM
    • hotels in miami

by DesireeR5 Online Now Aug 30, 2015 at 7:08 AM

I'm coming feb 20th wIth my family. What doeseveryone think about casablanca or flamingo hotel??

1 Answer Nov 27, 2015 at 10:25 PM
    • gecor's Profile Photo

What to do in 6 hours

by gecor Online Now Aug 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Hello, I have been in Miami before, let's say I know a little bit.
      This time, I have a connecting flight in October, the layover is for 6 hours. My idea is get out of the airport, go to the beach, eat something, walk a little bit. Any suggestions for that? Any local restaurant I have to try?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2015 at 12:06 PM
    • Stay a night?

by l_steptoe Online Now Aug 18, 2015 at 4:19 AM

For Spring Break next year in March I will be flying into Miami, arriving at 2pm. I will be traveling with my 12 year old daughter, but we wanted to see the beach, the University of Miami and the Miami Mall. We were planning on driving to Orlando around 7pm. Do you suggest that we stay one night in Miami or just leave that night for Orlando?

4 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 4:45 PM
    • sight seeing and reading

by SeanFennelly Online Now Jul 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM

What is the best hostel for sight seeing and reading?

5 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 11:46 AM
    • First time in America

by DavidM211 Online Now Jun 30, 2015 at 6:16 AM

Travelling from Scotland to Miami in September for a 10 night stay with my Fiance. I am looking to stay in the South Beach are as I have heard this is the "happening" area for young tourists! Can anyone suggest points of intrest? looking to take in some history and culture at the same time. Also thought about taking a couple days and heading down to Key West is it worth my time if im staying at South beach?

Thanks for the answer

6 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 11:50 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Miami International Airport to Fort Lauderdale harbor by taxi or super shuttle

by GUYON Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 11:17 AM

I thank the VTers who anwsered my question about this journey by UBER. I have understood It was not a good idea.

My plan is now to reach the hotel which is in the harbor area of Fort Laudersale from Miami Airport either by taxi or by super shuttle around 5 PM.

What is the the quickest and the cheapest ?

Thanks for the answer.

4 Answers Jun 30, 2015 at 7:59 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Miami International Airport to Fort Lauderdale with UBER

by GUYON Online Now Jun 28, 2015 at 5:24 AM

We will arrive in MIA a Saturday around 5PM in November and we wsant to reach Fort Lauderdale without renting a car. So we foresee to use a UBER car (or an other firm).
      How can we ask to be picked up at the airport in the avenue which is in front of the airport premises where are the buses and the taxis ?
      Must I use my smartphone before the departure or after the arrival ?
      What would be rougthly the price ?
      Does UBER allowed to provide the service in Florida or it is non admitted as in California ?

Thanks for your advice.

5 Answers Jun 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM
    • xoxoxenophile's Profile Photo

Transportation South Beach to Miami Seaquarium?

by xoxoxenophile Online Now May 19, 2015 at 4:57 PM

I will be staying in South Beach Miami next Friday and Saturday morning. Originally I was planning on just hanging out at the beach, Lincoln Road Mall, Ocean Drive, etc. but now I think a change of pace might be nice. I was doing some reading and I'm thinking about visiting Miami Seaquarium. I know there are some mixed reviews of the place, but I think it's mostly from people comparing it to SeaWorld and I haven't been anywhere like that before so I think I'll enjoy it. :)

The problem is it /is/ a little expensive at $42/ticket, so I'm only going to do it if there's a cheaper public transportation option I can take there. It looks like a cab ride would be $24-30 each way and I'd rather not make this a $100 excursion. Is there like a bus route or something I could take? If so, how much would it cost and how long would it take? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

3 Answers May 21, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    • port of Miami hotel rooms

by Cruiselover51 Online Now Apr 28, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Any in the 250 range that have a view of the cruise ships coming into the port? Thanks 

• Cheddarn's Profile Photo

Wynwood time

by Cheddarn Online Now Apr 14, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Does anyone recommend going to wynwood in Miami at night? Or is better to go during the day?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 2:55 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

inquiry about AA flight Paris - Miami

by GUYON Online Now Mar 21, 2015 at 12:19 PM

We are planning a trip to Florida through Miami at the end of this year. There are only 2 direct flights : Air France and American Airlines. The best schedule is AA (10:00 AM - 2:10 PM) . I have read the comments on seat guru to know how is the business class and it seems the seats are old and shabby. I read only 1 comment and see 1 photo on seat guru on this topic.
      Is somebody has a personal experience of the flghts AA62 and AA63 and of the comfort of the business class of the plane ( Boeing 777-300-200) ?

Thanks for the answer

2 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 11:10 PM
    • Must sees in Miami

by CCol Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Hi we are travelling to the U.S. from Australia and planning a 3 day stay in Miami in Jan. We have never been to Miami and would love some hints on best location to stay, where to eat , what to see ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA

5 Answers May 8, 2015 at 12:19 AM
    • C grove eats???

by Floridanut Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Staying at ritz in coconut grove. Where to eat this week?

3 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 8:51 AM
    • Hotel in Miami

by eltarrant Online Now Dec 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Can you recommend a hotel in Coconut Grove Miami or another safe area for around $260 a night

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Immigration Clearance in Miami

by dejavu2gb Online Now Oct 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I am connecting in Miami on 29 November. Arriving from Caracas and connecting to London on the same day. Would I need to clear immigration in Miami before my connecting flight to London?
      Thanks for any help given.

8 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    • MartinK35's Profile Photo

Any general help and advice?

by MartinK35 Online Now Oct 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hiya all, or should I say "y'all"? Actually that's not my question so I'll get to the point. I'm a little British guy from London arriving in Miami by Amtrak at 6:55pm on a Sunday evening. I have a flight to Nassau, Bahamas a day and a half later on Tuesday from MIA International Airport at 2:05pm so I'll be staying for 2 nights. I know I don't have time to see and do everything in a day but what highlights do you recommend and which neighbourhoods should I look at for hotel accommodation? I have a budget of about $160 per night. I know this question is very vague and I now know what people in the London and Heathrow forums feel like when faced with the myriad of possibilities to do in a huge city with not a lot of time.

I do apologise to the good people of Miami for not making it my primary destination but any advice and suggestions would be very welcome. I'm not a huge fan of just sitting on the beach but I do love art and bars with live music.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • glen006's Profile Photo

Two days + NBA game

by glen006 Online Now Oct 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi guys,

Myself and my wife (Australian, early 30's) will be staying in Orlando in April, and planning to go to Miami for 2 days (one night).

I'm thinking of hiring a car, leaving real early the first day and arriving back late the second. Are there any better options?

Also, what should we do? I'm thinking South Beach obviously but is it worth doing a city tour or something as well? Any other must-see-and-do's?

I am a Magic fan and have got tickets to a Heat v Magic game. Obviously they are rivals and I'm wondering about etiquette. Is it cool to wear Magic merchandise or cheer for them? I've been to a lot of football (soccer) matches in England and Europe where away team fans need to keep their head down. Obviously I know to be respectful, but should I not wear any Orlando stuff?

Also any advice about cool restaurants or pubs/bars (not into nightclubs) would be awesome, I really want to try a southern BBQ place!

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM