VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
México

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driving from San Diego

Rosarito Dec 26, 2016 at 8:35 AM

How safe is it to drive to roserato from San Diego? I have a 2007 Ford Focus. It would just be my husband and I we are 65 year old. I have read some travel warnings that imply it's possible to get pulled over at road stops with impersonators that rob you. I just wanted to take a day trip to rosarito and Puerto Nuevo for lobster and come home.
      I was also thinking of riding into Tijuana, but we are a little scared we could be star get because we are older. Please advise.

more
    • To Tijuana for the night

Tijuana Dec 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM

No passport or Birth certificate. I am white. Just going for a couple of hours. Can I? What is a 20 dollar Visa?

more
    • KylieDanny's Profile Photo

New to travelling overseas.

by KylieDanny Online Now Jun 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM

I am planning to go to Mexico from Australia but am unsure of the time I will be staying there. Will there be any issues with me not having a return ticket?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2015 at 5:54 AM
    • Northern Baja California

by Amiline Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm after opinions about heading to Mexico from the States for a couple of days. I don't particularly want to go to Tijuana, but I'm wondering if there are some nice places within easy distance from the U.S border.

We love little, not-so-touristy towns, beachside fishing villages preferably :)

I get the feeling this is a very built up part of the world though....

If anyone has suggestions it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks,

8 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    • Alagator's Profile Photo

Drive to Guerrero Negro to see whales

by Alagator Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

We'd like to drive down hwy 1 from Tijuana to Guerrero Negro to see the whales this coming Feb-Mar. Is the drive down safe? We're always reading of the violence in Mexico.
      Any tips for the trip?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    • Best local restaurant

by colombianmama Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 6:00 AM

My cousin is taking us on a wonderful boat trip out of La Paz but we are flying into Cabo San Lucas and we would like to take them to a real nice local restaurant as a thank you. Suggestions please

4 Answers Apr 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM