My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of April. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.
I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the buses/ferries will be more limited.
Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
- coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced and the weather cooperates
- possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella) - if we have time, not super high on the priority list
- not sure about Capri, leaning against it
Things we are less interested in -
- shopping, souvenir shops
- beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
- high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind? Sorrento is what I've heard is the easiest base, but I've also been reading about some of the smaller towns being potential options (Vietri Sul Mare near Salerno, others) - what is the best choice given time of year and ease of transport?
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|