Travel Answers
Menaggio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Subaristas's Profile Photo

Using a public transport to get from Milan center to 'Museo Storico Alfa Romeo' in Arese.

Milan Dec 3, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Hello.

On Dec. 13-15d. I'm planning to visit Milan. One of the main museums I'd like to visit is Museo Storico Alfa Romeo in Arese region. According to giromilano.atm.it's journey planner, I should take the M1 metro and then at the nearby Rho rail station, I should catch a 561 line bus and then get off at the Via Aldo Moro street, with a few hundred metres left to reach my destination.

My question is: if I buy a 2-day ATM ticket (which cost 8.25 €), does it still mean it's valid around Arese area or is it only around Milan center (in other words: will I have to buy additional bus tickets to get there)?

Thanks in advance

more
    • diamond_skies's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle from Bergamo Airport

Milan Nov 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM

We will be arriving in to Orio al Serio Airport and would like to take the airport shuttle in to Milan. I would like to book the tickets online but the website (Orio Shuttle) is asking for a time of departure. If our flight is delayed and we miss this time slot, does anyone know if we would be allowed on a later shuttle? If we wait until we land to buy a ticket, is it too risky that we may not get a seat?

Thanks in advance.

Jane

more
    • Train station in Menaggio

by LindaD43 Online Now Apr 18, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Is it possible to take a train from Mennagio to points north into Switzerland?
      Or do we have to go to Lugano?

3 Answers Apr 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    • Menaggio suggestions

by SharonH29 Online Now Jul 20, 2015 at 6:57 PM

We are staying at the Grand Hotel Menaggio in September. It's our first time there so would appreciate any information, ie how far is is from town, recommended places to eat/drink, must see and do's

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 12:32 AM
    • Travelling from Menaggio to Bergamo airport

by JennyM51 Online Now Jul 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Is there an "easy" option to travelling by public transport from Menaggio to airport in Bergamo? I have found the option of ferry to Varenna; train (changing at Lecco) to Bergamo train station then shuttle bus to airport. Although we are happy to do this journey on arrival I am worried about the timings for our return trip back to the airport. Other than taxi, does anyone have any other possibilities? Thanks Jenny

6 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM
    • transport in italy

by merranrosie Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM

how can we get from baveno to menaggio by bus or train?

5 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • the Market on Friday 2nd August 2014

by DanielaRighi Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

My family and I were on holiday in Menaggio on Friday the 2nd of August. Early evening all the stalls arrived for the market event. I walked through them all and saw a stall at the beginning of the water front promenade bit with a man selling hand made terracotta houses which he makes with his wife (each one different and individual) they were beautiful. He also had other things like terracotta key rings, broaches and figurines... etc.... The houses are actually candle holders you put a tea light inside and it lights up the whole house - stunning! We bought one - Very happy. Unfortunately he did not put his name or details on his beautiful items and I have come home wishing that I had bought all of them....!! I cant stop thinking about them I really cant and really want to find this man so I can buy more of his houses - please please please if you can help me find out who he is and get him to contact me I would be so grateful!. They are such a beautiful memory of Menaggio and Italy I really love them. Can you help ? 

I look forward to your reply.

Grazie Mille Daniela

1 Answer Aug 19, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • October in Menaggio

by TarraTourist Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Will all the ferries still be running regularly in October? According to others this is a fairly quiet, but beautiful place. Not sure if the restaurants, etc are open all year round or if October will be an 'off season' with some places closed? Also, we will have a car and would like to know if Menaggio will be a good choice for driving to other areas, including the other lakes in the region. Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • MXP to Bellagio transportation question

by patriciamarie Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM

My husband and I are going to Italy for he 1st time. We will have a 10 hour time difference upon arrival after a 15 hour two plane ride. We know we can take train and ferry to Bellagio, but are thinking of hiring a taxi service at much more money because we may just be too tired to navigate new train system, ticket machines, terminal, etc. Does anyone have suggestions on which one would be easier? Thank you

3 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • Campsites

by mduder Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Has anyone stayed at Camping Europa Menaggio or Camping La'veda Lenno on Lake Como? We have a motorhome and are looking for a nice campsite, clean facilities..showers etc. Need to be able to get a ferry to Bellagio easily.

• Travel from Lugano to Menaggio

by dculpepper Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Hi guys. I have 6 adults traveling together and appear to be the go to person for organizing the complete trip. So, I need help. When we leave Lugano, we will either travel on the bus to Menaggio or I'm considering the idea of a car driver taking us to Menaggio. FYI - I have not even started looking for a driver yet but have a few questions.

1.) What is the best way to get from Hotel Walter au Lac, Piazza Rezzonico 7, 6900 Lugano to the station for the bus to Menaggio. I have looked at Michelin several times but the more I look at it, the more I become confussed.

2.) Is the idea of a private driver completely off the charts? If not, do you have a suggestion on a driver?

Thank you so much! Yes, I obsess over all travel plans.
      Dana

5 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    • Restaurants in Menaggio

by dculpepper Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Hello. We will be arriving in Menaggio on the bus from Lugano. Then taking a boat over to Bellagio. We will have about an hour layover from the arrival time to the boat's departure time. Is there a good place to eat while we are waiting on the boat? Thanks, Dana

5 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Ferry Location in Menaggio

by coconutwireless Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Aloha tree dwellers
      We will need to take the local bus from Menaggio to Lugano once we arrive by ferry from Varena.
      My question:
      Is the ferry dock close walking distance to Piazza Garibaldi where I need to wait for the bus?
      traveling with Aloha
      the coconut wireless

1 Answer Jan 28, 2010 at 2:14 AM
    • Bus from Menaggio to Como

by StephenCruise Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM

I will be visiting Menaggio in mid-June for a few days. At the end of my visit I wish to leave Como by train to Milan as early as possible in the morning. Is anyone aware of the earliest bus from Menaggio to Como on a weekday?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 10:56 PM
    • Alberghetto La Marianna: Anyone stayed there?

by Wafljo Online Now Jul 1, 2005 at 8:11 PM

We are thinking of staying at Alberghetto La Marianna, a B & B in Cadenabbia, near Menaggio on the western shore of Lake Como, Italy. Has anyone stayed there, and if so, what's your opinion of it?