Mazatlán

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 1 day in Guadalajara - Itinerary

Guadalajara Dec 3, 2016 at 5:14 AM

I know it's ridiculous, but I have one whole day to spend here.
      Any recommendations with hopping route from centro to centro?
      I am only a sightseeing tourist. Thanks

more
    • Place to stay in Central Guadalajara

Guadalajara Nov 27, 2016 at 5:21 AM

Is Calle Gigantes 287, San Juan de Dios a convenient place to stay and see the city's attractions?
      Can you recommend others please?

more
    • Immigration office

Algodones Nov 17, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Is there a Mx Immigration Office and Bank to obtain a FMM ( tourist card) in Algodones? Where is it located. If none there, where is the closest town to obtain one?

more
    • All Inclusive Hotel in Cancun or Playa

Cancún Nov 19, 2016 at 5:51 PM

I'm traveling to Cancun in early January and staying the first few days at an studio I rented out on AirBnb. I plan to book a all-inclusive hotel at some point during my trip for about 3 day stay. Is it possible to book a decent all-inclusive hotel on the spot? If so, any recommendation on a hotel for a single male in his 20's?

more
    • Anyone else traveling Dec 13 - 20?

Cabo San Lucas Nov 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM

I am a single female 36 years old with no children and my bday just happens to fall a week before Christmas. I'm used to my friends and fam not able to travel right before or after Christmas so I end up traveling alone at this time of year.

I'll be in Cabo at the Pueblo Bonito resort all week 12/13 - 12/20 and would love to know that I can meet someone (preferably another female or group) for some meals and activities.

more
    • TraficTours

Cancún Dec 2, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Has anyone had any experience using TraficTours for airport transportation in Cancun? They are included in my Delta Vacations package and I can't seem to find any information on them.

more
    • daytrip tours

Mexico City Dec 1, 2016 at 4:02 PM

I am looking for day tours from mexico city to cities like Taxco Pueblo cuernavaca
      any recommendations? I usually use Viatours in my other trips to Europe.

more
    • Hotels and Area

Puerto Vallarta Nov 23, 2016 at 3:08 PM

What is the best area for an active, 50-year old hetero couple to stay in for our first trip to PV? We want something ON the beach preferably. Someplace nice, but not more than $200/night. Going in early May. We like to party, relax, swim, adventure, people watch, eat good food, and walk to destinations wherever possible. Thanks!

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Weekend Getaway in PV

Puerto Vallarta Nov 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Hi VTers! My husband and I are going on a quick weekend trip to PV this weekend. I'm usually so ahead in my planning, but haven't had time to do a single thing yet. I had a few questions I was hoping you might be able to help with.

1. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? I have contacted the hotel to see if they can arrange transportation and am waiting to hear back from them. Is taking a taxi safe? I saw this tip from 2012 and was wondering if it was still valid. Taxi FROM the Airport: Taxis Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Tip - VirtualTourist Was also wondering if we should just go ahead and hire our own car.

2. Is there a good place to exchange money? Or should we do it in the states before we leave?

3. If there was 1 activity you could recommend we don't miss, what would it be?

4. If there was 1 restaurant you recommend we don's miss, what would it be?

Again, our trip is short, we arrive on Friday afternoon and leave Monday afternoon so we will probably just be relaxing most of the time. We haven't had a real vacation without our child in 5 years!

We like the beach, we like to snorkel, we like to learn about the local culture, listen to live music, and love to eat Mexican food! Thank you for any suggestions!

more
    • taxis in mexico city

Mexico City Nov 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM

does Uber work in mexico city?

also, is there a map of all the sito taxi stands? I don't speak spanish so would have a hard time calling for a taxi.

more
    • tracysimba's Profile Photo

Cancun airport departure tax

Mexico Nov 21, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Hi, we are travelling to Mexico on 10Dec2016 with British Airways and have read conflicting reviews on whether or not we will need to pay a local departure tax of around 900 pesos. Some reviews have said it will be included on our ticket whereas others have said we have to pay it when leaving Mexico. Does anyone know the truth about this? Even the official Cancun website doesn't mention it! If we do have to pay it locally do they definitely accept sterling?

more
    • DRIVING SAFETY

Nuevo Laredo Nov 14, 2016 at 7:44 AM

We are Americans thinking of driving to San Miguel de Allende entering through Reynosa or Laredo.
      My reading of travelers warnings has me TERRIFIED. Are we insane to attempt doing this right now?
      We would be sticking to major highways & have been told to only drive in the day light but we do not currently speak fluent Spanish. ADVICE PLEASE!!!

more
    • Airport shuttles to the Golden Zone

by ShellyJ8 Online Now Jul 20, 2016 at 7:51 AM

Does anyone know how to book a shuttle from the airport to the Golden Zone. I hear they are only about 75 pesos. I am trying to get my sister to the Golden Zone from the airport without having to pay the 300 pesos for a taxi.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2016 at 8:59 AM
    • Transportation from Mazatlan Airport to Riu

by MelR44 Online Now Feb 28, 2016 at 11:14 AM

Just wondering what the most affordable option for a family of 5 would be to travel from Mazatlan airport to the Riu hotel? Can taxi's accommodate 5 ppl?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2016 at 8:03 AM
    • Timeshare scam?

by BruceeT Online Now Jan 20, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Does anyone know about this timeshare? "Costa Marina Mazatlan"? Has anyone been scammed or ripped off by them? We may have and want to know if this place is legit... asap! Thanks.

10 Answers Jan 22, 2016 at 11:55 AM
    • Sailboat rental in Mazatlan

by CAmototraveler Online Now Nov 1, 2015 at 10:31 PM

I'm looking to stay in a sailboat while on vacation in Mazatlan. HAs anyone had experience with this. I'd like to rent from a local (airbnb, verbo, homeaway style)

And possibly charter the boat for a day or two if they're available to sail out with me.

Thanks!
      Luke

3 Answers Nov 3, 2015 at 6:33 AM
    • ship shrimp to the US

by dkbowman Online Now Oct 26, 2015 at 9:11 PM

What do you have to do to bring shrimp back to the US

1 Answer Oct 27, 2015 at 6:51 AM
    • best transportation from airport

by dkbowman Online Now Oct 26, 2015 at 9:09 PM

What is the best way to get to our hotels from the airport?

5 Answers Jan 20, 2016 at 7:28 PM
    • cost of shrimp

by dkbowman Online Now Oct 26, 2015 at 9:07 PM

what is the cost of shrimp?

1 Answer Oct 27, 2015 at 8:45 AM
    • Chili Peppers Restaurant

by Snacakes Online Now Sep 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Is it possible to walk to this restaurant down the beach from the cruise port?

1 Answer Sep 13, 2015 at 6:49 PM
    • Mazatlan Safety

by ozzieal Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Am going to Mazatlan in January 15 how safe is it?

5 Answers Jan 20, 2016 at 7:20 PM
    • Tourist Safety

by ozzieal Online Now Aug 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I have been seeing alot of travel advisory about crime in and around Mazatlan could anyone advice me on any problems they may have encountered?

1 Answer Jan 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM
    • dipping sauce at the shrimp bucket recipe

by susanawar Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM

wanted the recipe for the dipping sauce that comes with the breaded shrimp at the shrimp bucket in mazatlan mexico, when i first had it it was a white sauce this was the early eighties. thanks, susan awar

1 Answer Jul 4, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    • Marina Grand scammed us!

by EdwardDixon Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM

How can I get my money back $6150 from Marina Grand time share, we have not been able to get anywhere with them, I contacted them after we got back, because they never sent anything after the inital payment, they wanted me to mail the contract for the time share they accepted as trade, without any guarantee that they are a real time share, so I did not, since I saw that other people warned about them. They refused to give our money back, & never responded to any e-mails, Thanks for your sugestions. ED

• several questions

by BriGuy1952 Online Now May 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM

My partner and I are bound for Mazatlan next year and I had a few questions. Wondering if anyone can help out.

-I understand that outside of major hotels the water is not safe to drink. Also, that it is quite common to have stomach issues from eating salads etc. My question is how long does this last? Do you eventually get accustom to eating anything you want?

-If you employ a real estate agent to help you find accommodations to rent does the renter pay the agent or does the landlord?

-

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • bargaining

by BriGuy1952 Online Now May 27, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Is there a custom of bargaining over prices in Mazatlan?

4 Answers May 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • things to see

by coolgirl1234567890 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM

what do u people think i shoud see

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    • Whale watching

by southboundgal Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 5:01 PM

WE will be there from March 7 - 21. Will there still be whales and which tour company is the best for up close and eco friendly?

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • Planning on renting a van, wanting to know about gas prices.

by CaseAnders Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Planning a trip this next year and wanting to rent a van for our family of 6.
      Does anyone know how much the daily cost in USD it would be to rent a van, roughly?
      And does anyone know how much gas prices are currently in the Mazatlan area?
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • New Years 2014

by Oblinskic Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Where should we go for lots of dancing, younger crowd preferred for New Years in Mazatlan?

• Places to see

by lkenny Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Hi everyone, my husband and I are travelling to Mazatlan in March. We have been there before but stayed pretty much around the Malacon and Muchado with one or two days on Stone Island. This time we would like to be a little more adventurous so would love some input on what we should see. We are also interested in travelling around the area may 1-3 hours away from Mazatlan (providing we can get there with public transport). We will be grateful for any input.
      Thanks in advance

2 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    • RIU EMERALD BAY - HOW BUSY WILL IT BE FROM DEC 17TH - DEC 24TH

by rvalela2001 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM

My husband and I are traveling to Mazatlan Mexico for a one week vacation this December and after reading some reviews it seems as though a lot of the local Mexicans come and stay at the hotel from Fridays - Sundays and really make it loud and noisy. I was wondering if anyone has been there in December and since it is closer to Christmas will there be less locals there and more tourists? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Looking for dentists

by ace2lefty1 Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Looking for a few names of dentists who specialize in dental implants would consider coming to Mazatlan for what people refer to as a dental holiday

1 Answer Aug 15, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    • Driving

by Pammiller1 Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

How far is it from rt 15 to villas ranchero using rt 5?

• JakeG's Profile Photo

hello i have a bit of a question

by JakeG Online Now May 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

hello i am 16. we are coming to mazatlan soon for 5 days. what are some things that i shouldnt miss on this fun trip?
      ive never been to mazatlan myself and id really apreciate some tips.

2 Answers May 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Automated Bank Machines

by MadMax8350 Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM

At the Royal Villas Resort in Mazatlan, is there an automated bank machine or will I have to leave the resort to find a bank or automated bank machine?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2011 at 3:23 AM
    • golf partners in Club Campestre Mazatlan

by carodecale Online Now Jan 15, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Hello
      I will be in Mazatlan for 1 month with my wife and I am hoping to play at the Golf Campestre, I am staying in the Golden Zone; anyone planning to go between Feb 10 to March 10 as my wife does not play? Thank you

2 Answers Jan 16, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    • Looking for inexpensive place to stay in Mazatlan

by jmcs1 Online Now Nov 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I am looking for something along the lines of a Bed and Breakfast place in Mazatlan. Any suggestions? What I would really like is room and board in a Mexican home for one month.

3 Answers Nov 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    • Is it safe to travel to Mazatlan?

by oceanmmi Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 11:55 AM

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Mexico in November, specifically to Mazatlan(El Cid El Moro Hotel). I went to the US travel site and there were warnings posted on traveling to that area. I am wondering if it is still OK to travel to Mazatlan and I would like recent reviews if anyones traveled there recently. Thanks!

9 Answers Mar 4, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    • Mazatlan-best fabric for clothing during day in wintertime

by 4icur12c Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 4:03 AM

During the day, which are the best choices...
      silk, cotton or there's one other, maybe acetate?
      material but it's light also? I know cotton can
      feel hot, but thinking maybe silk would be not warm
      enough? I don't wear much polyester.

1 Answer Jun 29, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    • Short term parking in Mazatlan

by grappa135 Online Now Jun 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I would like to know if there is any secure short term ( 3-6) day parking available near the Mazatlan (for La Paz) ferry terminal ?

thanks
      grappa135

• gus gus shrimp

by upperdeck Online Now Jun 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM

does any one know what the cheese is in th gus gus shrimp at the gus gus restaurant. the dish is made with shrimp, bacon and stuffed with cheese. loved the dish and want recreate it at home. thanks upperdeck

2 Answers Jun 14, 2010 at 7:58 PM