change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best place to stay in mauritius

Mauritius Oct 26, 2016 at 11:37 AM

Hello All,

am travelling to Mauritius during this xmas and new year eve with my family where in i have a child of 12yrs. i want to know between balaclava and calodyne which is the best place to stay from the accessibility , market, shopping, restaurants and water sports activity point of view.

• trips and costs

Mauritius Aug 26, 2016 at 3:05 PM

visiting Mauritius oct 29-8Nov staying NW of island all inclusive. would like 3 maybe 4 trips limited mobility hip replaced so not miles of walking. also how much should we take spending money, should we exchange money at airport when we arrive. Its our 30th wedding anniversary. Thanks Jackie

2 Answers Aug 29, 2016 at 3:10 PM
    • electric wheelchair

Mauritius Aug 19, 2016 at 6:08 AM

hi,
      Can you Guys tell me how I can bring a Electric wheelchair (weigh 180kg, 1m high) fre port Louis - airport?

Ciao

2 Answers Aug 19, 2016 at 11:35 PM
    • 5 days trip cost in Maauritius

Mauritius Jul 20, 2016 at 1:54 AM

Hi Experts, I have booked 5 days honeymoon trip to Mauritius includes return air ticket, airport transport, resort stay with breakfast & dinner and sightseeing. Apart from that how much cash do I have to carry for lunch, water sports and other expenses. Any rough figure..!!!!

• How safe is Mauritius ?

Mauritius Jun 5, 2016 at 3:19 AM

Are there incidences of armed robbery in homes at night ?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM
    • Bees and meals / drinks

Mauritius May 23, 2016 at 3:22 AM

Are bees a problem in Mauritius, as they are in South Africa, at tables where people are having meals and drinks?

1 Answer May 23, 2016 at 7:29 AM
    • Safety in 2016

Mauritius May 22, 2016 at 11:21 AM

How safe is Port Louis for a single lady living alone?

1 Answer May 24, 2016 at 2:09 PM
    • Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport SLEEP OVER

Mauritius Mar 24, 2016 at 5:16 AM

Hi everyone.

I am flying in to Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport from Singapore in the evening and fly off again the following morning to Reunion.

Being a cheapskate, my question is "Can I stay on air side overnight?" If not, how about on land side?

I will have my onward boarding pass for the Mauritius-reunion leg when departing from Singapore.

Thanks in advance

2 Answers May 24, 2016 at 2:11 PM
    • Suhaima's Profile Photo

Jalsa Beach Hotel

Mauritius Feb 8, 2016 at 5:49 AM

Hi

Please can you tell me from Jalsa Beach Hotel which is the best way to visit these beautiful attractions? Do we hire a car from the Hotel?

Kind regards
      Suhaima

3 Answers Mar 1, 2016 at 12:29 AM
    • Sightseeing and travel tours (Group) in Mauritius.

Mauritius Jan 25, 2016 at 5:05 AM

Can anyone connect me to good sight seeing tours agents in Mauritius.

• Hindu wedding - looking for a venue NOT a hotel

Mauritius Jan 5, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a venue place (NOT a hotel facility) for a Hindu wedding preferably in the North of the island (250 guests / 3 days). It should have a beach access, decoration and catering service. If you're aware of another venue place (even without a beach access) around the island, please feel free to share the info.

Best regards, Scarlettt_O

• fillie88's Profile Photo

Weather in July.

Mauritius Jan 2, 2016 at 8:10 AM

Hello
      We are looking to book our honeymoon which will include a 10 day stay in Mauritius in July. What is the weather like in July? As I am aware that it is winter and read it can be quite wet and fairly cool.

Thanks in advance.

Philippa

3 Answers Mar 1, 2016 at 12:38 AM
    • Dec-Jan weather

Mauritius Nov 11, 2015 at 5:23 AM

Hey,
      I'm travelling to Mauritius Dec 28th - Jan 8th and I know you probably get asked this ALL THE TIME but seriously how much is it going to rain there during this period.
      I've read it was non stop last year...will I actually see the sun?!
      Hope you guys can help!
      Thanks

6 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • Best area I Mauritius for honeymoon?

Mauritius Oct 23, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Looking at Mauritius for honeymoon in April 16 and wondered which area of the island is best. Dont want to be in the touristy places, but equally we want to have places to wander, other than just the hotel resort. Want to beautiful beaches and near things to do.

1 Answer Mar 1, 2016 at 12:56 AM
    • currency and meal

Mauritius Sep 8, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Which currency can ı use on Mauritius and how about meal , could you briefly talk about that pls?

6 Answers Sep 8, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    • Name of a tree

Chamarel Jul 27, 2015 at 6:25 AM

what is the common or sciencetific name of paper tree or pied papier found in Mauritius?

• Blakium's Profile Photo

Best time to visit Mauritius

Mauritius Jul 23, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hello,
      I've seen wonderful pics and reviews about Mauritius, what I need to know, is the best time of the year to go, and the mainly best place with more attractions :)
      thank you

5 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    • mauritius in june

Mauritius Jun 4, 2015 at 1:47 AM

hello people of the world :) i have never been to mauritius and i along with my wife and 8 yrs old kid are planning to visit mauritius in the month of june for around 5-6 days. is it fine to travel in the month of june as i am avoiding phuket and krabi in thailand due to rainy weather. and if it is fine to visit in june which area should i chose please??? i am not looking for a secluded area but for a lively area where in can enjoy the beach activities and lively night life..need suggestions pretty quickly so please help :)

2 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM
    • bus stop near dinarobin hotel

Mauritius May 9, 2015 at 5:46 AM

hi we are going to Mauritius in June. I see there is a bus stop near the hotel Dinarobin. I have checked maps and see there is a bus service, no 5, which goes to La Gaulette.

Does it stop at this bus stop?

thanks

• distance to shopping and restaurants

Mauritius May 6, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hi, we have booked our family holiday at the Veranda Grand Baie Hotel for the 1st week in July 2015... its winter here in Durban... whats the weather like in Grand Baie during this time?
      Also.. how far away are the supermarkets, restaurants and shopping from our hotel... we are travelling with 2 kids... and am worried about them walking long distances... or do we have to use transport to get to restaurants and shops...and if so which type and how much does it cost?

2 Answers May 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    • Best area of Mauritius to stay for 3 months

Mauritius May 4, 2015 at 2:55 PM

What is the best (warmest,prettiest,best beach, close to amenities,restaurants etc) to stay during June,July and August? I just read here that during winter it can be cold and rainy in some parts of the island. is that so?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Tamar

13 Answers Jun 30, 2015 at 11:45 PM
    • Recommendations for Accommodation?

Mauritius May 4, 2015 at 2:42 PM

We will be in Mauritius for 3 months. Can anyone recommendation an Agent,house to let for this time? What are the best areas to live there? Good car hire company?

Thanks

TamarG

1 Answer May 5, 2015 at 4:15 AM
    • Advice on which area to stay in

Mauritius Apr 23, 2015 at 2:33 AM

Hi all,
      I am currently planning a trip to Mauritius in November together with my girlfriend and I would appreciate some advice as to which area to stay in. We are primarily looking for a relax-holiday with the odd side-trip to Port Louis and some natural highlights (Black River, Ile aux Cerfs).
      I'm currently considering breaking up our 2 week holiday into 2 parts, spending a week in one area of the island and a week in another one. I am thinking about 1) Flic-en-flac/Wolmar area, 2) Grand Baie or Trou aux Biches and 3) Belle Mare / Trou d'eau douce area.

Basically I would like to spend one week in an area with some more 'action', where we would have the opportunity to eat out every night (rather than in the hotel restaurant(s)) and sample some local cuisine; then we'd spend one week in a quieter area in a resort just to relax.

So now my question is: does any area in Mauritius offer the combination of a nice beach with some options to eat out along the beachfront? Any particular resort that would qualify? Is wind something that I should take into account while choosing an area to stay in November?

Many thanks for your help!

• Shopping in Mauritius

Mauritius Apr 21, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Hi, I want to know the best places to shop for brand clothing bargains / factory shops in Mauritius. we're visiting Mauritius within the next 2 weeks. Also, I'm interested in wool / cotton type of products, someone told me there are factory shops for those as well. Where can I go look for it?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2015 at 2:58 PM
    • How much does site seeing costs in mauritius ?

Mauritius Apr 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Can any please tell me how much does local site seeing costs, I looking for traveling to good places in Mauritius. If I hire a cab for local site seeing how will the tour cost ?

5 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 2:10 PM
    • how much dollars should I carry ???

Mauritius Apr 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Hi I ll be staying at mauritius for 7 days from tomorrow. My hotel provides me break fast and dinner.The cab facility for local travel is also already paid for. I would have to pay for my lunch and I m also planning to go for some water sports available there. I would like to do a little shopping as well. How much money should I carry?? Is it better to carry Mauritian rupee or USD?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    • Activities

Mauritius Mar 13, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Hello every one! Do u have any ideas about the cost of water sport activies ? Thank uu!

2 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    • Mauritius Island

Mauritius Mar 9, 2015 at 2:48 AM

Hey every one, we are going to the island( mauritius) in 2 weeks, what are your suggestions for packing? I appriciate your help !

6 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

price level

Mauritius Feb 27, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Hi
      What are the price level around Grand baie........ we are trying to deside if it's cheaper to take an all-inclusive hotel or only breakfast and then go out eating?
      Thanks 

3 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

shower at airport

Mauritius Feb 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Dos anyone remember if there are showers in the toilets of Mauritius Airport?(departure).i noticed hat there are often showers so i wonder if they are there too. Tks.

3 Answers May 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM