VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Maupiti

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 1 Full Day in Tahiti b/f Moorea - what should we do? Other Questions

French Polynesia Feb 7, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Heya,

So we'll be arriving on a late flight from LA to Tahiti - check into the Intercontinental... then we have a full day in Tahiti b/f Moorea then Bora Bora.

So.... here's the thing - I'm not certain what I should do in my full day in Tahiti. Now would you recommend I change US dollars to cfp?

I want: To shop for some pearls (hoping to get loose pearls for maybe earrings/bracelet or looking around for a pearl necklace). I am also thinking there may be some cultural tour we can do? Maybe site see... Or maybe shop for some food/snacks since in Moorea only breakfast is covered (man gotta find some cheap restaurants for dinner) - food in Bora Bora is covered.

Now my problem is... I KNOW I can't do all that in one day. I also have no idea where to go in Tahiti if I wanted to shop for pearls, buy groceries, etc etc

We arrive on Wednesday - the day in question is a Thursday. What time do shops close typically? I'm assuming Taxis should be readily available - do you tip those?

Any advice on how to spend my day in Tahiti is appreciated!

Thanks!

more
    • warrug's Profile Photo

Tracking down

by warrug Online Now Oct 31, 2005 at 7:31 AM

hi, i stayed in maupiti for ten days 2 years ago at a guest house run by a family.
      Im trying to track down their address, the only info i can remember is that the husband is called Alain and he was somehow involved with maupiti express and i forgot his lovely wifes name but they had a guest hous on a small island near the airport, i beleive there was only one other guest house on that island.

Does that help?

• Pensions in Maupiti (F rench Polynesia )

by yolaw Online Now Jul 14, 2004 at 2:11 PM

Hello, Can someone recomend pension in Maupiti ?

2 Answers Dec 1, 2005 at 5:22 AM