VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Marquette Travel Answers

change location

General Question

by BrianWeb Online Now Mar 19, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Back in the mid 70's there was a bar/rest. that served the best home made fries. It was called Paps Pub, I'm coming back to the UP next summer when I retire and was wondering if it is still in town. If anyone has any tips now days where there might be a great place to stay for a week,(that won't break the bank) please let me know. A place with a nice view would be great. Thank You, Brian.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Re: General Question

by KimberlyAnn Online Now Mar 22, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Hi Brian, I have been to Marquette quite often, and have not heard of the Paps Pub, but this doesn't necessarily mean it is no longer in town. I would suggest that you email Chet (yooperprof). Yooperprof (members.virtualtourist.com/m... lives in Marquette, and if he hasn't heard of it, he could at least look in his phone book to see if it is listed.

I can't help you with the place to stay question, as we always stay on our boat or at a friends camp. Maybe Chet can help you there also, although I have found, being from a tourist town myself, that since I never use the motels/hotels, I don't know as much about them as I should. Still, maybe he knows enough to help you out.

I hope you enjoy your stay in the UP, Marquette is a very nice town, with lovely beaches, and historic buildings.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Re: General Question

by yooperprof Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Hi! Let me ask my friends about Paps - I'm pretty sure someone will know what happened to the place.

Summer is of course our "high season" so I hope you can find a reasonably priced place to stay! I have directed friends to the Econo Lodge, which is a nice motel right across from the Lake:

http://www.econolodgemarquette.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines