change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• vpas's Profile Photo

Off beat places to see

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Any special things to do in Helsinki in October?
      Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

more
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Ferry reliability in December

Helsinki 20 hours ago

Hi, would appreciate some advice on the reliability of ferry trips in the Baltic Sea during December. Plan on boarding a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki for transfer to a St Peter Line later in the day for the overnight trip to Saint Petersburg. We will be vacationing in Russia.

From my research, I have discovered there are several lines between Tallinn and Helsinki, including Tallink Silja with a 2-hour sailing departing from Tallinn at 10.30am and arriving into Helsinki at 12.30pm.
      St Peter departs Helsinki at 6pm and arrives into Saint Petersburg at 9.30am the following morning.

My questions are:
      1. How reliable are the ferries in terms of their schedule (departure and arrival times)?
      2. How frequently does the weather impact on ferry schedules during late December?
      3. St Peter Line's website appears to suggest check-in and boarding is from 1-3.30pm despite the ship only leaving at 6pm. Is this correct? I would have liked to spend a bit of time sightseeing in Helsinki.
      4. Where would you go through passport control and what would the procedure be? Upon arrival in Saint Petersburg?
      5. Upon arrival in Saint Petersburg, how long does it take ferry passengers to actually get off the ship?

Appreciate your advice, comments and experience.
      Thanks!

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Reaching Helsinki airport early morning

Turku Aug 25, 2016 at 4:53 AM

How long does it take from Turku to reach Helsinki airport? I need to be at the airport at 4 am to catch a 6 am international flight. Is it better to come the previous night to Helsinki?
      Thank you

more
    • Wayfarer83's Profile Photo

November things to do?

Helsinki Aug 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Hello. I will be stopping in Helsinki for a few days before heading to Lapland November 15th. I have tried searching many forums and sites but November seems to be left out. Are most of the attractions open? I understand the days will be shorter, colder, wet and grey? Any suggestions for things to do during this time?

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Places to see in and around Turku

Turku Aug 25, 2016 at 4:42 AM

What are the special places to see in and around Turku? I will be coming in the third/ fourth week of October
      Thank you for your time.

more
    • Varoon's Profile Photo

12 Hours in Helsinki

Helsinki Aug 22, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Hi
      Have around 10-12 hours in Helsinki on 14 sep, i`ve got a hostel in city centre.
      How can i reach city centre from airport, easiest way? What would you say the best things to do in few hours.

Big foodie and want to feel the vibe of the city rather than touristy things. :)
      Thank you

more
    • Transfer flight at Helsinki

Helsinki Aug 13, 2016 at 4:10 AM

If my JAL from Tokyo flight lands at 14:50 and my Finnair flight departs for Reykjavik at 15:35 will I make my connection???

more
    • Floorball shop

Helsinki Aug 2, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Hi does anyone can recommend a floorball shop in the city centre of Helsinki?

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Reaching Helsinki airport early morning

Turku Aug 25, 2016 at 4:53 AM

How long does it take from Turku to reach Helsinki airport? I need to be at the airport at 4 am to catch a 6 am international flight. Is it better to come the previous night to Helsinki?
      Thank you

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Off beat places to see

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Any special things to do in Helsinki in October?
      Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Place to stay and

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:31 AM

I need a clean and safe place to stay for two days in Helsinki in the third week of October. I am a solo female traveler. Please let me know if it is safe in Helsinki for an Asian woman to travel alone.
      Thank you for all your help

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Ferry from Tallinn

Helsinki Aug 25, 2016 at 4:48 AM

I plan to take a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki in the 3rd or 4th week of October. Which line to take? Some stop inside city and some outside.
      I just hope to visit some places of sightseeing before going to Turku the next day.

more

Near Mariehamn

• JoAnn94024's Profile Photo

Aland Island transportation

by JoAnn94024 Online Now Dec 7, 2006 at 8:03 PM

Are there car ferries to Aland? I'd like to travel from Sweden to Aland and on to Finland, so I'm trying to find out if I need to leave a rental behind in Sweden, take a ferry to Aland and then on to Finland, and pick-up a new rental in Finland - or - if I can take a car the whole route.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 6, 2008 at 6:26 AM